(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

I have 5.3k life with legacy lightning coil and 6.4k life with nonlegacy kaoms heart. which would you use? unfortunately with lightning coil I'd also have to buy new rings for the lightning resist. I'm lvl 92.
"
Carlovski wrote:
No, it's not ilvl 73. Not trying to craft anything GG, just something to use while I gather currency.
In the end I kind of bricked it, got a lowish flat with high attack speed. Regalled and master crafted but hit a pretty low roll. Is 5l though so am using it.

Not quite sure what to run in it now though. Added fire obviously, but if/when I take out life on hit, not convinced that WED is the best option without running hatred (I'm sticking with BM keystone).
So I guess that just leaves faster attacks, Inc AOE which makes trash easier, or conc effect for damage.
Any thoughts?

If your planning on running atziri and want the boss inc to conc effect swap then do that. WeD is still going to be best though. Keeping in life gain on hit ( especially for Hc ) isn't that bad even at a high level; helps with reflect alot.

• Cyclone
  • Fortify
  • Melee Physical Damage
  • Added Fire Damage
  • Faster Attacks
  • Weapon Elemental Damage/Inc Aoe/Conc Effect/Life gain-leech
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 7, 2015, 2:11:09 AM
"
Wallwalker22 wrote:
Hit level 85 and this build is by far the most balanced I've ever seen. GREAT DPS potential, GREAT life and GREAT defenses (imo).
Current gear:
Spoiler

Passive tree:

I highly recommend this build to any newer players too, seeing as the entry level is pretty low and the endgame potential is huge.

Next step: 6 Linking my Atziri's Disfavour and exchanging my Daresso's for a Kaom's Heart!

Good luck with the 6 linking and that's a sexy belt! Dont forget you lose the vaal setup if you swap to kaoms.
LightyGaming.com
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
I have 5.3k life with legacy lightning coil and 6.4k life with nonlegacy kaoms heart. which would you use? unfortunately with lightning coil I'd also have to buy new rings for the lightning resist. I'm lvl 92.

I would go with legacy lightning coil; 5.3k life is enough to avoid getting 1 shot by anything non-physical. Maybe if you ran a multiple stacking added damage map but overall its the safer option and isnt worth the life gain imo.
LightyGaming.com
I need some advice as well. Have followed your build pretty closely and made some adjustments later on depending on my playstyle and currency. So far I got this:

This nets me 5,7 k life but only around 23 k tooltip DPS with frenzy charges. I am not running hatred however, currently arctic armor + herald of ash + determinance.

The main problem is: I want to work on my first 6 - link but I am unsure if the marohi is worth it - should I wait for a better weapon and rather 6 - link the belly? Alternatively I have access to non - legacy kaoms.

I am pretty broke (only have 2 exalt, 1 divine and around 250 fusings to speak of), so buying something expensive is out of the question. How and on what item would you put a 6 - link in my case?

I want to start some atziri runs soon, so finding a disfavor is theoretically possible but I dont want to rely on it. A really good yellow weapon is out of reach for me for quite some time. I play this game on and off and rather casually, so no powerfarming or trading for me to acquire currency quickly. What do?

P.S. I want to replace the amulet and one of the rings soon as well, this is probably where my 2 exalts will go towards. I was thinking about equipping a mings heart and buy the other ring and the amulet around it to manage the resistances.
Last edited by Nascha on Nov 7, 2015, 2:31:01 PM
"
Nascha wrote:
I need some advice as well. Have followed your build pretty closely and made some adjustments later on depending on my playstyle and currency. So far I got this:

This nets me 5,7 k life but only around 23 k tooltip DPS with frenzy charges. I am not running hatred however, currently arctic armor + herald of ash + determinance.

The main problem is: I want to work on my first 6 - link but I am unsure if the marohi is worth it - should I wait for a better weapon and rather 6 - link the belly? Alternatively I have access to non - legacy kaoms.

I am pretty broke (only have 2 exalt, 1 divine and around 250 fusings to speak of), so buying something expensive is out of the question. How and on what item would you put a 6 - link in my case?

I want to start some atziri runs soon, so finding a disfavor is theoretically possible but I dont want to rely on it. A really good yellow weapon is out of reach for me for quite some time. I play this game on and off and rather casually, so no powerfarming or trading for me to acquire currency quickly. What do?

P.S. I want to replace the amulet and one of the rings soon as well, this is probably where my 2 exalts will go towards. I was thinking about equipping a mings heart and buy the other ring and the amulet around it to manage the resistances.

I would rather 6L the belly than the marohi for the re-usability and re-sellability; not many builds can run marohi and belly is vastly compatible and easy to re-sell. Atziri Disfavour doesn't drop from normal atziri, it drops from Uber Atziri; which is technically possible for 2h Cyclone and ive come close (get to atziri deathless) to doing it myself after 7 attempts. If your going to try your hand at self crafting a rare weapon make sure to check out the "how to craft 2h weapon" section at the bottom of the guide. Now before you attempt to 6L your belly keep in mind this can cost 1-10,000 Fusing depending on your luck; its very RNG. I would attempt this in sets of 300 fuses and stop every time you get a 5L, save up another 300 fuses then try again. Eventually you'll get a 6L. Financially speaking its better to buy 6S belly, attempt to 6L, stop at 5L, sell the 5L belly, Buy another 6S belly and pocket the difference. Regarding your rings the Onslaught Grasp ring is pretty nice and worth saving; not sure if you can afford the resistances though. Going back to the first section I would 100% run hatred > Determination even in hardcore, its to massive of a dps boost to miss out on and if anything run Hatred and Determination and cut AA and HoA. I noticed your running a meginords which is fine; Personally I prefer a doryani and best would be a tri res,life,wed,move speed belt. Let me know if this answers everything and post your updates/progress!
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 7, 2015, 2:50:11 PM
Thanks for council - I guess I will just map for now and save up fusings - depending on my luck I might drop a lightning coil and try to link it or I just flat - out buy a 6 link belly or coil.

Is the coil really that much better than a belly?

Also, do I have a realistic possibility to get a weapon upgrade other than the atziris disfavor? If it only drops at uber atziri then I can pretty much forget that for the foreseeable future. I can't craft me a good weapon obviously since i'm poor.

Other than that I can swap the belt for doryanis if I need resists, I will see how it turns out with my jewelry.

I followed your advice with hatred and am running now hatred - arctic armor - herald of ash. Got up to 27 k dps, feels smoother now. Survivability should be enough for the maps I run (26% phys damage reduction, 19% evasion rating and capped resists.
hello ,i just update my marauder character ,i was following in the past victor doom guide,i got a question why we don't use concentrated effect ? also if you can tell me what should i upgrade for build, i run 75,76 maps,sometimes i die very fast when i encounter some rare monsters

my gear:

Spoiler

my skill tree :

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMFLQU8B3UJlgthDF8OPBDwFCAUcRiRGjgbqhynIVUnICcvLPs5DjpSPAU8LT38QKBGt0d-SHhJ1VBHU6VXVFhjWfNeE18_YVJjF2VNaFhoZWjycql07XZ_dqx4enrve4x82X7ggTqCB4Nfg8yExITZhO-FUoZgh2qJ2IoiirOMz5BVk6iXeZ5XogCpJ6mUrKqtja9stz68n702vqfAZsCmwQfEWMT2xVPGrs9-02_XfteW2L3ZYdl82sHcMtw95FHqGOsJ7w7vTu988B_yQfJa82_z3fZI9zL46_4K?accountName=D33rHunt3r&characterName=Deveeth
"
Nascha wrote:
Thanks for council - I guess I will just map for now and save up fusings - depending on my luck I might drop a lightning coil and try to link it or I just flat - out buy a 6 link belly or coil.

Is the coil really that much better than a belly?

Also, do I have a realistic possibility to get a weapon upgrade other than the atziris disfavor? If it only drops at uber atziri then I can pretty much forget that for the foreseeable future. I can't craft me a good weapon obviously since i'm poor.

Other than that I can swap the belt for doryanis if I need resists, I will see how it turns out with my jewelry.

I followed your advice with hatred and am running now hatred - arctic armor - herald of ash. Got up to 27 k dps, feels smoother now. Survivability should be enough for the maps I run (26% phys damage reduction, 19% evasion rating and capped resists.

In terms of physical mitigation lightning coil is king. Obliviously it doesn't offer as much life as belly if that's your only concern; if you can afford to run lightning coil you always should. The cost of crafting a better weapon than atziri's disfavour is much more than to buy a 6L disfavour. The dps gain past the 600-650 mark is highly influenced by diminishing returns and the price you'l pay for for 50pdps upgrades will scale exponentially. Dont forget to factor in fortify in your phys damage reduction and maybe look into getting a taste of hate if you can afford it!
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
jebose wrote:
My Darkshrines character. Can you give me some criticism and tell me where to go next?

In order of what I would do..

• If you haven't already;20% quality and roll your flasks
  • 6 socket your weapon
  • 5-6 link your weapon
  • make weapon 20% quality
  • Get body armour: Lightning Coil > Kaoms Heart > Belly of the Beast > Daresso's Defiance
  • Get Taste of Hate
  • Start Min/Maxing Rares, all of them :p

After all that I would save currency for dumb temp league shit that I enjoy blowing my currency on..
  • Jack In The Box Sets
  • Atziri/Uber Atziri
  • Buying/Rolling High Tier (13-15)Maps + Zana Mods
  • Chancing League Exclusive Items with Zana ( Headhunter,Volls devo,Shavs Rev )
  • Self Craft an Op 650+pdps weapon after hoarding crafting supplies

Goodluck and let me know how it goes!

Well I managed to 6 link a new weapon

Still trying to get a taste a hate. Lightning coil/Kaoms is a bit out of reach considering the rings/amulets are garbage in the league at the moment and I wouldn't be able to cap my resists, do you have any advice for that?. up to around 24k unbuffed everything melts which is great. Also just wanted to say thank you for this build by far the most comfortable build i've ever played.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info