Eternal Orbs

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Ventor wrote:
Give eternals back or riot.

RIP some of the items i was crafting.

I'd wait for changes to masters before dismissing in progress crafts.
Removal of eternals could lead to GGG allowing more flexible/powerful mastercrafting.

It might be wishfull thinking on my part (I have a dagger that could use the hybrid phys mod, which would make it pretty cool).
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Ventor wrote:

RIP some of the items i was crafting.

Removal of eternals could lead to GGG allowing more flexible/powerful mastercrafting.

It might be wishfull thinking on my part (I have a dagger that could use the hybrid phys mod, which would make it pretty cool).
Mmm i dont know, i doubt it. The reason it was nerfed in the first place was because you could craft damn good weapons for a fraction of the price, reintroducing that would mess things up again like it did last time.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Spoiler
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Ravenstrider wrote:

Mmm i dont know, i doubt it. The reason it was nerfed in the first place was because you could craft damn good weapons for a fraction of the price, reintroducing that would mess things up again like it did last time.

I know, but the nerf of the mod made me hope.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

To be honest, I think they might have nerfed the masters and that it's the reason there's no mention of the changes anywhere. xD
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
Last edited by Ravenstrider on Jul 9, 2015, 9:55:40 PM
"
Ventor wrote:

50? That's all you got?

ps: cool podcast nonetheless
@ventor

Been low profile is a good thig in bad times like this imo. Lol..Wonder who will be the first to craft the new bis.
"
lightofeast wrote:
@ventor

Been low profile is a good thig in bad times like this imo. Lol..Wonder who will be the first to craft the new bis.

Probably no one. When you can easily sell that for 20 ex a pop, why would anyone waste 500-600 of them crafting an item?
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
"
Xoow wrote:
"
Ventor wrote:

50? That's all you got?

ps: cool podcast nonetheless

No.

And thanks, glad you liked it.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
Sit back and enjoy the show is the way to go.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Jul 10, 2015, 9:33:47 AM
I love how many people drop "And the rich get richer" as though it's some silver bullet reason the change is a terrible decision. Believe it or not the devs' first priority is not wealth redistribution in a game that market itself as hardcore.

Personally I think that while this change alone won't fix crafting it lays the groundwork. Being able to pump basically perfect items is gamebreaking by it's self and worse yet the high barrier to entry of the extreme cost of eternals meant crafting by and large only makes sense for a tiny portion of the community.

Honestly With eternal gone there's room to substantially increase existing orb drop rates- Item prices will adjust to the new frequency in currency items, but for the cost of a given item you can roll the dice a lot more times making the value proposition of crafting with currency rather then hoarding it to buy items becomes more appealing.

Without the removal of eternals any large boost to currency item would never have worked because the increase in availability of perfect items would break the economy. The key is that while a given player can craft more, keeping it somewhat random and most changes to an item final means that perfect items become much harder to craft whereas mid to upper tier items become cheaper.

Honestly PoE's crafting system could become really interesting if the reletive gains of crafting were more in line with the gains you could get by trading the same amount of currency- I've always though it was a shame that the system as is has basically relegated crafting to only be worthwhile where crafting essentially priceless items to pump through a mirror factory.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Last edited by bilun on Jul 10, 2015, 4:23:42 AM
"
bilun wrote:
I love how many people drop "And the rich get richer" as though it's some silver bullet reason the change is a terrible decision. Believe it or not the devs' first priority is not wealth redistribution in a game that market itself as hardcore.

Personally I think that while this change alone won't fix crafting it lays the groundwork. Being able to pump basically perfect items is gamebreaking by it's self and worse yet the high barrier to entry of the extreme cost of eternals meant crafting by and large only makes sense for a tiny portion of the community.

Up to about here I am with you in understanding what you're talking about even though I strongly disagree with you.
"
bilun wrote:

Honestly With eternal gone there's room to substantially increase existing orb drop rates- Item prices will adjust to the new frequency in currency items, but for the cost of a given item you can roll the dice a lot more times making the value proposition of crafting with currency rather then hoarding it to buy items becomes more appealing.

And then you in the next statement contradict yourself. The first change is meaningless if you work in the second change.
"
bilun wrote:

Without the removal of eternals any large boost to currency item would never have worked because the increase in availability of perfect items would break the economy. The key is that while a given player can craft more, keeping it somewhat random and most changes to an item final means that perfect items become much harder to craft whereas mid to upper tier items become cheaper.

Let me get this straight, you think that the existence of perfect items breaks the economy? Not uniques drying up the demand for rares, the difficulty in obtaining good rares, and the lack of a need to upgrade because the game is scaled based on what players are expected to obtain? I'm effectively stumped, you've completely missed out on the real danger to the economy is, and thats the need of nothing, which is caused by permanent leagues by the proliferation of loot and people giving up and saying "good enough". Give me enough eternals and exalts to start making perfect gear and I'll enter the market. The rarity is what prevents me from doing so.
"
bilun wrote:

Honestly PoE's crafting system could become really interesting if the reletive gains of crafting were more in line with the gains you could get by trading the same amount of currency- I've always though it was a shame that the system as is has basically relegated crafting to only be worthwhile where crafting essentially priceless items to pump through a mirror factory.

This is completely unrealistic. If you wish to not pump items through a mirror factory you need to lower the barriers of entry so that more people enter the market. Not raise the the barriers by removing tools like eternals. Heck even eternals aren't a very good system just because of their rarity. Which means the only people that can use eternals for something other than a means of currency are the extremely wealthy. And if even ventor says it's not worth it, well hell, it isn't worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info