Eternal Orbs

"
Aerinqq wrote:
I just cant believe how stupid some ppl ITT are. Do you even realise there wouldnt be any high end items without mirrors/eternals? In the current so called "crafting" system, it requires ridiculous amount of currency to produce 6*T1 items (talking few hundred eternals + exalts till few THOUSANDS of eternals + exalts). Who can ever produce such item except few guys like AXN, Ventor, Jin etc?

If you remove mirrors, who is going to make high end items? Answer is nobody cos few that can afford it wont craft it for nothing. No mirror = no1 can get the item = u not going to get back a single orb on mirror fee = no profit and huge loss of currency.

And chance to get a drop like this? hmm...I think ill rather bet that ill get kidnapped by aliens then drop high end item...not even talking about 6*T1, but nothing even REMOTELY CLOSE in thousands and thousands hours of playtime.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Crafting should be about crafting for yourself. Orbs should be used for their mechanics, not solely for trading.

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I agree with both Archwizard's statements above.
Last edited by mare6600 on Jul 9, 2015, 6:17:33 AM
With a new batch of weapons about to be released, plus increasing the scale of item mods, in conjunction with a massive revision to the game impacting skills and synergies now was the ideal time to remove Eternal Orbs. I'm more than prepared to wait and see what 2.0 brings to us and how RNG will work in the future.

The major failing with Eternals was the average player just couldn't amass sufficient volume of them to leverage the crafting options in the game. In the time I've been playing I've found 1 Eternal and I count myself very fortunate to have even seen that. Can I craft effectively with 1 Eternal? Of course not. So it's just been sitting idle in my stash.

I understand the desire of some people to have the best possible item, but it actually serves no real purpose. Plenty of gear is actually perfectly suitable for destroying the villains of Wraeclast so uber-crafting is really the domain of a elite few.

I'd actually like to see this be the start of a revision to the crafting elements because at the moment the Exalt rate is so low that the vast majority of players use them only as currency rather than using them for crafting. Give me an Exalt recipe and I'd happily use them on my gear to RNG a new mod. I think this would also help to distribute gear more evenly throughout the player base and not result in as much OP gear that really only benefited a small minority.
There are 2 best solutions :

1. Make eternal dont work at all (vendor recipe buying them for few exalts) that way new 2.0 items will not be gg crafted making the new players impossible to get anything good unless mirrored for astronomical fees, making rich even more richer.

2. Remove mirrors from game as well or make them not work anymore and no drop.
PPl will craft for themselves now and not for getting more rich.

And yea im wealthy too so i shouldnt care but yea i care for not rich players too. We less then 1% of community that got items worth like 5k+ ex we will handle it. Anyway all that have gg crafts - they value will go up no matter if 1st or 2nd solution is chosen.

Last edited by Kingoko on Jul 9, 2015, 8:58:51 AM
"
Zelpo wrote:
No change for me, never had one drop

+1. Mirrors make disable as well and get wipe to standard.
"
MetalheartX wrote:
"
Zelpo wrote:
No change for me, never had one drop

+1. Mirrors make disable as well and get wipe to standard.

How about a wipe to your bank account? Because there are people with lesser money than you. Sounds fair, doesnt it?
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
"
Chris wrote:
We introduced Eternal Orbs in the 0.11.0 patch two years ago. Since then, the impact they've had on Path of Exile and its economy hasn't been what we initially intended.

With the release of The Awakening this weekend, Eternal Orbs will no longer drop. Ones that still exist in the permanent Standard and Hardcore leagues (and their imprints) will still work.

We feel that the ideal time for this change is now, because of the introduction of new top-tier Maraketh Weapon base types and new item mods.

At the release of the next Path of Exile expansion after The Awakening, we'll review economic data and make a decision about whether they are restored or will continue to be disabled.

Master mods that were priced in Eternal Orbs will be modified (and cheaper) in The Awakening.
Eternals become legacy.

Rich people can still use them to eternal exalt the new bases.

Rich people get even more rich because theyll be the only ones able to craft T1 items on the new base items.

Poor players get poorer because theyre unable to craft their own gear and progress now.

You are 100% reliant on Chaos Spam, Alchemy Orbing, and Yolo Exalting.

The likeliness of getting high rolled mods and the mods you need are already abyssmal.

Not getting the gear you need slows down your farming and progression.

I fail to see how making this decision was even remotely wise. There is no "right time" to remove eternals, unless you COMPLETELY remove them from the game there is still a huge ass economic advantage to the players who have them.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jul 9, 2015, 8:29:18 PM
Give eternals back or riot.

IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
"
Ventor wrote:

Riots are fun.
"
Ventor wrote:

RIP some of the items i was crafting.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jul 9, 2015, 8:30:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info