Only DPS build left is Coc? GGG destroyed everything else? what you think?

Well I guess I believe you OP and I support your suggestion to nerf CoC.

Everyone rips into CoC yet you watch a streamer who has 150-350-1000ex worth of gear dominating the league.

This is not a fair reflection, plus I think it is more so people who are hating on Coc users when dual mapping.

There are many other specs out there that are not streamed that would kick Coc users ass you just dont know about them :)
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Zedda wrote:

And people want to nerf CoC? Are they INSANE? CoC is by far the best addition PoE mechanics has ever had. It has already been nerfed so badly, and it is fairly expensive (requires 5L or optimally a 6L) - it's only right that a fairly expensive build is good.

CoC Was the WORST thing ever added to the game, because of this rubbish mechanic, balancing the game for caster is an absolute nightmare for the devs. I wish they'll have the balls to admit this was a mistake and remove it from the game but one year later, people like OP are already too addicted to this stupid thing and will generate enought salt to fill the entire oceans twice.

It also killed party play because :
1 - Game engine is not good enought to handle this shit on anythingelse than top rig
2 - it give you the impression that you are doing nothing in the party

I stopped sharing my map pool months ago because of CoC and Mjolner build and it;s a shame because i was running 76/77 maps session quite often before.

I disagree 100%. I was very close to quitting PoE about 1.5 years back, until I saw 'someone' using a barrage CoC with fireball (this was the old fireball so it looked awesome), ice spear, and arc. The build looked so awesome that I HAD to try it. My first Tabula dropped around that time, so I was finally able to make a decent build. Prior to that, I was barely able to run 68 maps in a group. Since the advent of CoC, I was finally able to push my map capable levels up to the mid, and eventually high 70's.

I love it when I go into maps with other CoC players or Mjolner players, because it means faster clear speeds.

Game engine not good enough? How is that CoC's fault? They're improving the engine in v2.0 so it will be better soon. How about stop running PoE on a toaster anyway? Get a decent computer.

I'll re-iterate. Play any normal build, and if you want to swap gems, it's a nightmare re-structuring your build in most cases. With CoC, you have 2 or 3 gems linked to CoC, so it's very easy and fun to switch your build play-style around. You get a lot more variety with CoC.

If they removed CoC I suspect I'd quit, or at least stop playing for a long time.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
the base intention of this thread was not to nerf/remove coc. However if something should be nerfed/ total removed it's coc.

The base intention was to point out the gap between DPS numbers/clear speed/boss kill speed generated by general builds and COC builds.
The solution i came up with was to fill the gap by buffing melee DPS, melee crit DPS with melee crit chance/melee crit dmg etc.

However most people here seem to think having 4 million DPS with COC and 1 shotting uber is normal, while having hard time to kill normal atziri with melee is totally fine aswell.
"
Zedda wrote:
How about stop running PoE on a toaster anyway? Get a decent computer.
I have a decent computer which handles 2014-2015 games okay. Meanwhile two CoC users bring it down on its knees (=single-digits FPS). So could you please stop this shittalk about "toasters"?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jul 8, 2015, 5:45:36 AM
"
silumit wrote:
"
Zedda wrote:
How about stop running PoE on a toaster anyway? Get a decent computer.
I have a decent computer which handles 2014-2015 games okay. Meanwhile two CoC users bring it down on its knees (=single-digits FPS). So could you please stop this shittalk about "toasters"?

/Easy

get off your knees and stop playing with CoCs
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jul 8, 2015, 6:01:22 AM
TLDNR

Skills got nerfed? I guess that is because people finally figured out they can use more than one!

Fire Trap.
Trap-Flame Surge.
Searing Bond.
Hello¿
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:
the base intention of this thread was not to nerf/remove coc. However if something should be nerfed/ total removed it's coc.

The base intention was to point out the gap between DPS numbers/clear speed/boss kill speed generated by general builds and COC builds.
The solution i came up with was to fill the gap by buffing melee DPS, melee crit DPS with melee crit chance/melee crit dmg etc.

However most people here seem to think having 4 million DPS with COC and 1 shotting uber is normal, while having hard time to kill normal atziri with melee is totally fine aswell.

By your own logic anyone who doesn't want the most powerful bosses in the game to be oneshotted before they can do anything by 4 million dps characters should be asking GGG for a CoC nerf. Your solution would only result in every build oneshotting uber with good gear and I for one want challenging content in the game for all gear levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info