Only DPS build left is Coc? GGG destroyed everything else? what you think?

"
Varkorium wrote:
200k dps? I am happy when my builds reach 10k dps AoE... and that seems plenty to clear stuff quickly, maybe I am doing something wrong :P
Same thing here mate =) my arc witch is doing 10.5 dps and clears quick enough i might have to start researching these 200k + builds
"
So GGG wanted to force people on build diversity, now they will get it! instead of tons of fun and viable DPS builds now we'll have ONE. COC.

What people fail to realize is that CoC is by default a very versatile build. I'm doing CoC with Cold Snap + Arc. Do you realize how easy and fun it is to swap out one of the gems for something else? Swap Arc for GMP fireball (with dragon effect) and suddenly you're a dragonfire spewing monster. Swap Cold Snap for something else and your build changes yet again.

On top of that, to my knowledge (side from rare exceptions such as Scold's Bridle builds) Coc is the ONLY build that allows you to perform multiple actions simultaneously. Sure you can do this with CWDT and Cast on melee kill, but these are not as fun/effective.

Cyclone marauder? Boring.
Shadow reaver? Boring.
Arc witch? Boring.
Flicker strike cast on crit discharge? Holy shit this is awesome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUhHKLBl7KQ

And people want to nerf CoC? Are they INSANE? CoC is by far the best addition PoE mechanics has ever had. It has already been nerfed so badly, and it is fairly expensive (requires 5L or optimally a 6L) - it's only right that a fairly expensive build is good.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
"
Basically with 2.0 all the damage dealer builds got hardnerfed. builds like crit dps based flicker strike are not viable anymore without leech even in 300ex gear it will fail against bosses like palace 78 or uber atziri. without wealthy gear it will already fail on dominus.

Okay you say i talk about melee only. let's talk casters.
Caster defenses got destroyed aswell with mom eb gone. casters will have to apply points into block or whatever to gain survivability for endgame, this of course means a LOT less DPS. essentially it means like 1/5 of DPS compared to old EB mom builds because of the number of passives sacrificed for defences.

Why is GGG doing this? They want every character to be Coc? Since i decided to come back to poe i've talked to 3-4 of my mates and ALL are making Coc based characters!!! ALL of THEM!!!! And honestly i can understand them. noone wants a map clearing to take more than 5 mins, noone wants to play with 20k dps.

So GGG wanted to force people on build diversity, now they will get it! instead of tons of fun and viable DPS builds now we'll have ONE. COC.

Welcome to 2.0, Awakening of COC.

Non-CoC Crit dagger says hello.

And basicly ANY other crit build also.
elemental cyclone comk is the way
"
Zedda wrote:

And people want to nerf CoC? Are they INSANE? CoC is by far the best addition PoE mechanics has ever had. It has already been nerfed so badly, and it is fairly expensive (requires 5L or optimally a 6L) - it's only right that a fairly expensive build is good.

CoC Was the WORST thing ever added to the game, because of this rubbish mechanic, balancing the game for caster is an absolute nightmare for the devs. I wish they'll have the balls to admit this was a mistake and remove it from the game but one year later, people like OP are already too addicted to this stupid thing and will generate enought salt to fill the entire oceans twice.

It also killed party play because :
1 - Game engine is not good enought to handle this shit on anythingelse than top rig
2 - it give you the impression that you are doing nothing in the party

I stopped sharing my map pool months ago because of CoC and Mjolner build and it;s a shame because i was running 76/77 maps session quite often before.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jul 5, 2015, 9:59:01 AM
I see some people here take my thread as a personal attack, so let me clear this up: it's not.
This wall of text pretty much describes m
My whole point is GGG is incompetent in adding new content without destroying old well working builds.
And with this, they are forcing people to play selected builds. IF 1 thing COC should ave been removed from the game. If something is too powerful it's COC. But personally i don't want it to get removed.

All the old somewhat powerful high damage dealer and fun builds( ST, crit flicker, dagger builds, flameblast prolif etc) builds are not even close to the power ofCOC.

What DPS builds left? SRS and COC... maybe self cast discharge... But the list is pretty much finished.

They actually cleared the game from ALL the well working powerful mechanics( EB, MOM, life leech, Lowlife stuff, etc) and they left in the MOST powerful one: COC.

no other build can deal 3 million DPS and such ridicolously high numbers.

All the other builds are not motivating at all, you can invest your points into DPS and reach tiny numbers compared to COC. or you can invest in block and defensive skills and reach even more tiny offensive numbers.

As i see it with destroying leech,melee crit and ele prolif they created a huge abyss between CoC builds and non CoC builds. Let's say you reach 150K dps on a wealthy ice crash two hand marauder, ok. CoC does 3 million. That's the abyss i'M talking about.I see how they are also trying to buff melee but with defensive buffs... that's not filling the abyss.

I'm really sad about this and i still hope they do something.

I think a well balanced game is not about removing already added stuff, so i don't wish coc builds to be removed. a well balanced game has the possibility to make characters with different damage and defensive skills without beeing huge gaps between the values. I will try to explain what i mean shortly:

There should be 3 million DPS builds,
2 million DPS builds,
1 million DPS builds,
700k DPS builds,
500k dps builds,
300k, 200k,100k,50k, and even 10k etc.
All these different builds should have compromised defenses adjusted to the DPS.
This is what would create a build diversity. Where people could choose.

Last edited by tr1gg3r3d on Jul 5, 2015, 11:38:54 AM
Rather than complaining about things you hear why not get the beta and actually try it. There are multiple sites that just gave away a ton of keys with the trailer.
split arrow there we go.
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Jul 5, 2015, 11:56:50 AM
Crit should be seen as a bonus, unless you really pay the cost to make it your primary damage source (monk class from the standard generic game).

Cast on Crit is a bonus for that bonus, and any supports you can support what you're casting with CoC is a bonus on top of a bonus to an effect that should already be seen as a bonus. Add any bonus from your passive tree to the mix and you have a bonus to a bonus to a bonus to a bonus.

This is what's wrong with it. They've turned what used to be a nifty bonus into a fifth order bonus effect.
"
Only DPS build left is Coc? GGG destroyed everything else? what you think?

Doomsayings, exaggerations, and hyperventilating over something in general belongs to me - stay out of my business! ;o) *rofl*

on topic: It's not that bad anymore. The last patches saved out little asses.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info