Unstable framerate, freezes, stuttering after morning's update

Hi there!

I am glad to hear that this has resolved the issues you are experiencing. Often there will be a short read/write delay when not using the program with admin privileges, which will mask as thees FPS / graphical issues.

I hope you have a great day in Wraeclast!
✮ Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
Unfortunately, the problem has returned, if to somewhat lesser extent. I decided to take a more detailed look at system performance, and during a particularly massive spike (assassination mission on the Ledge on merciless, when time appeared to show time remaining to kill the target), around 01:23, it would appear that I did cap out on physical memory and disk reading. I'll see what I can do about it regarding my system, but my there be something to be done about the game as well, as in, this wasn't an issue until now so I have to wonder as to why would anything change.

Performance monitor shortly after the mentioned lag spike:

Edit: This is example of crash I experienced when I tried to open skill tree:
Last edited by dosteorias on Jun 30, 2015, 7:44:52 PM
Hi there!

I am sorry to hear that this fault has returned. Are you able to confirm with us that all antivirus / firewall / update software is disabled when you experience this issue?

As your 850M drivers are up to date, and you are not low on Memory, it is possible that this issue is with the card itself. What concerns me is that this issue is removed periodically when attempting to run the game with admin privs.

To test this concern, please help to add "-gc 2" to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut target location if you're playing on the standalone client (It should look like this: "C:\Program Files\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" -gc 2), or your Launch Options if you're using the Steam Client. More information here.

Are you currently using any optimization software such as GeForce Experience in conjunction with the game? Thank you for your patience in this process, I really appreciate it.
✮ Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
I can confirm that neither Windows Update nor any security software updates or scans have been active during the issues. Nor updates or substantial background activity of any other software, to my awareness.

Just now I spent, give or take, two hours in Library and Archives locations of second act on merciless and I did not experience any major issues, other than occasional stuttering and a crash or two.

I do not use any optimization software. While GeForce Experience is present on the system, I use it only to update my drivers and to control Nvidia ShadowPlay.

I will adjust garbage collection and test more both in Library/Archives and in first act of merciless where I had the bulk of the issues, and report back.
Did some testing in second half of first act and beginning of second act on merciless. Frequent crashes, either during loading between locations or when opening passive skill tree. Yellow monster chests outright freeze the game for a good few seconds. FPS is now less stable, overall, and I'd say that overall there is more and more stuttering as I progress into second act of merciless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info