We're Adding More Divination Cards!

"
Hodari wrote:
"
karmakomando wrote:
"
WarcryLegion wrote:
Yo dawg, i heard you like divination cards. So i got you some divination cards which give you divination cards.

Whoever came up with that deserves a cookie xD, genius.

That was me! thanks, im glad people like it :D

Now someone needs to make a set of cards that reward you with 5-10 Gamblers...

Already asked if I could do something similar (give multiple random cards). Sadly, it wasn't possible.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Penitent
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Feast
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_Worm
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Witchfire_Brew
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vixen%27s_Entrapment
How about divination cards that give XP, like say five levels worth? I don't want to trivialize the enormous efforts of those who've gone the hard yards to get there, but to my knowledge there's only been one or two people who've managed to get there completely on their own. I just don't have the time to join guilds, parties etc to try and coordinate to party my way up, plus I like the satisfaction of getting from one end of the journey to the other on my own. Solo to 100 is really tough though.
"
timbo1959 wrote:
How about divination cards that give XP, like say five levels worth?

Allowing people to BUY xp? No thanks.
"
timbo1959 wrote:

Doesn't work that way. Cards can only trade in for an actual item, or a single stack of actual stackable items.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
timbo1959 wrote:

What makes you think you don't anyway? No one gets to high levels without a lot of grinding and farming for currency to buy more and more higher maps - or buy into parties for the same purpose. Solo it would take hundreds of high level maps to simply make it from 99 to 100. You think they simply come out of thin air? It would take a considerable amount of game currency to purchase those maps - let alone grind mindlessly through them. So what's the difference if you pay something similar to get a stack of cards that give the XP - the only difference is the saving on the hellish time spent grinding through the maps. If I could stump down 100 hard-earned exalts, as an example, to make the jump from say 95 to 100 via a set of appropriate cards I'd jump at it. Who wouldn't, given the months it could take trying to do it solo? And it doesn't come free, but at the price of all the effort put in to accrue that currency, plus the sacrifices made elsewhere to not spend the currency. Example? I've been working my arse off for months to accrue enough currency to buy a legacy ST. Faced with the choice of buying the ST, or spending it on that XP gain, you really think I'm getting something for nothing if I chose to spend that currency on the XP?

As for the point about the cards being for 'hardware' only, I obviously appreciate that. But hey, it's GGG's game, they can do anything they like with it, right? I just threw the point out there because as a solo player I find that there are aspects to the game which seem very difficult to overcome at times.

"
timbo1959 wrote:
"
Hodari wrote:
"
timbo1959 wrote:

What makes you think you don't anyway? No one gets to high levels without a lot of grinding and farming for currency to buy more and more higher maps - or buy into parties for the same purpose. Solo it would take hundreds of high level maps to simply make it from 99 to 100. You think they simply come out of thin air? It would take a considerable amount of game currency to purchase those maps - let alone grind mindlessly through them. So what's the difference if you pay something similar to get a stack of cards that give the XP - the only difference is the saving on the hellish time spent grinding through the maps.

The difference is that you still need to have some combination of a good build, gear, and actual skill PLAYING the game in order to make it to higher levels. You can't just sit there in town all day flipping items and get to 100 that way. At some point, you still need to actually go out into maps and fight mobs in order to get xp. You still need to take some risks and successfully avoid dying. Being able to just flat out BUY xp would take all of that away.
"
karmakomando wrote:
"
Spokodude wrote:
Loving the flavor text for The Gambler divination card: "I don't believe in Karma. If it were real, I would never win."

Great nod to poker player Phil Hellmuth's famous quote: "If there weren't luck involved, I'd win every time."

thats actually a huge coincidence :P i just wanted karma in there as its part of my account name and gamer tag!

wonder how that slid through though, karma is an asian concept and has no place in this game
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
I already see myself looting a card every 2 days. :)
The drop rate on like 90% of these cards need to be seriously re-evaluated. Over the course of beta i leveled three characters to 85+ and have found ONE out of SEVEN of the 3xChaos orb cards. ONE!! During that time ive found over 40+ actual chaos orbs and im still 1/7 for the 3xChaos orb collection. Utterly pointless the majority of these cards are.

On the plus side i found over 50 Carrion Crow cards that gave me roughly 30 or so alteration shards! Whoop-de-doo! Whoever designed that card needs their head checked. We seriously need divination cards for vendor trash magic items with 10-20 life and one socket?
^This.

Carrion Crow latest batch netted me a shield with one socket and +4 to max life woohoo (yes handed in Merciless)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Jul 1, 2015, 10:34:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info