We're Adding More Divination Cards!

I haven't been following this too closely as I've been very busy these last few months. Do I assume correctly that there'll be a big trading bonanza on once this thing gets going so people can try and fill out sets, with trade rates specific to each card's rarity? If so, I would think a specfic card-trading sub-section on the forums would be appropriate to save cluttering up and having to trawl through other trade sections?
"
Cruger wrote:
And for colors - i don't know, why for you they are white. For me they are light blue, and i do not use item filter for now. Probably playing on too much lightness, huh?

I guess too much lightness yes ! I see them white !
This is a great game changer and another way to plan a build that is gear dependent.

Awesome work you guys and to everyone putting in the hard work to make it happen.

The Awakening is almost upon us - Happy hunting :)
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
It just occured to me, are card drops influenced by IIR or IIQ? (or both?)

IIQ, not IIR.

thanks Qarl!
Oblivious
"
LMTR14 wrote:
most of dem flavour texts sound suspiciously written by the same person, though.

That is true, at least for mine in particular. It underwent a number of changes.

It was originally:
You cannot truly command the dead
until you've walked amongst them
in the world of darkness

GGG clarified that minion gems also include blink/mirror arrow, animate weapon/guardian and golems, so they recommended a revised version that was more inclusive of the other gems.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
What is this :

Need 7 for a rare ring... why don't drop the ring instead ?!
Isn't this a new way to lower the chance of getting a rare ring ?
"Another layer of RNG" , like somebody said earlier on this forum.
I can understand this for rare unique items or special mods...but for rare yellow items ?!

Also, chaos orb card...again, instead of actually getting a chaos orb, the drop slot is taken by a card.

I mean really, keep the cards for "special items", and let the drop rates alone.
"
xmvmx wrote:

why wasting your life time playing a game when you could do something to make yourself immortal in the memory of mankind instead?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
xmvmx wrote:

Divination cards are a way to make your own personalised contribution to the game. Every single card is worth it. The supporter spent 1100$ to make this card, so of course he/she will make sure it is worth it for him/her. Value however is in the eye of the observer. If you do not see the value of this card in particular, that's fine. I personally think it is a really great card with stunning artwork. If you know the story behind this card, it becomes even better.
"
Zalkortis wrote:

btw: The original name of the hammer also isn't Mjölner, it's Mjölnir. And this item exists for a long time already and is also a gimmick.

mjölner is swedish and mjölnir is icelandic i think.
"
Wulgar55 wrote:
Three card sets for chaos orbs. When there is already a vendor recipe for them. I just don't get it...

Anyone get the point of this?

I honestly don't really get the point of divination cards at all. (Other than a great way for GGG to make some extra revenue and for players to get to make their mark on the game. I mean they are cool and all I just don't get the function they serve)

Could hardly agree more. While I'm not sure whether to like the appearence of even more currency in the game, I DO like most of the cards. And I highly appreciate the "league specific"

Also, just to make it clear, a question to GGG:

ALL these cards will drop in Standard, yes? You don't put specific cards of those already revealed into new Temp leagues only?
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info