[3.10] EpicFail42's Loot Filter - DISCONTINUED

I see the filter is posted as pastebin and thats cool. So how do I, I guess, install the filter? Do I save the pastebin as a notepad file in my documents folder, the raw pastebin data, or do I compile it or something? Pastebin is like trying to learn a foreign language to me. I can understand 2 words but the rest is greek to me. I honestly have no idea how to use and even a complicated, precise walkthru is probably way over my head. Is there any way possible to understand how to use a pastebin link to have the filter work ingame?
Sorry if this sounds a bit rude, but these days it's pretty easy to find detailed guides on filter use, so it would be redundant to do another one.

If you are unable to do so, this may not be the best filter for you - it's intended to be as small and simple as possible, and that does not fit well with "as simple to use as possible". For example, if you want to customize it, while there is some support for customization tools, it's minimal and fairly limited, so you are expected to edit some stuff in a text editor for best results.

Sure, if you prefer to "install and forget" without going into all the pesky details - one of the installation guides, such as the one on the community Wiki, will probably do just fine: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_filter_guide - but for this purpose you should probably go with Neversink's filter, really :-)
"
random7 wrote:
I see the filter is posted as pastebin and thats cool. So how do I, I guess, install the filter? Do I save the pastebin as a notepad file in my documents folder, the raw pastebin data, or do I compile it or something? Pastebin is like trying to learn a foreign language to me. I can understand 2 words but the rest is greek to me. I honestly have no idea how to use and even a complicated, precise walkthru is probably way over my head. Is there any way possible to understand how to use a pastebin link to have the filter work ingame?

1) Copy the pastebin content in a new text file, save it, and rename it so it has the .filter extension.
2) installation instructions (start at 2.)
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Jun 19, 2019, 9:39:41 PM
As usual, nothing major for Blight, one noticeable improvement (identified rares are bigger, because for the most part they are some kind of old league stuff), Detonate Mines gem disappeared completely, so I removed it from the code, new Oils made loud and shiny, new bases added to the list of the "unusual thing" to show. No real need to update, but enough cosmetic improvements to do so.
A small bugfix was just released - if you were using version 32, you may have noticed that sometimes a Warstaff was looking normal (when it has enough links to be useful), but junk ones were huge and with red background. That was because the class that staves have is called "Staves", but a Warstaff is not a member of it, it has its own new class "Warstaff" (instead of, for example, "Warstaves" which would have worked as expected). It was the first time that the "warning" item in the filter actually went into play and caught us something new :-)

It's fixed in version 33, any junk Warstaff is now properly classified as a junk weapon and gets hidden as it should be.
Metamorph update released, nothing worth discussing - just normal "make league stuff bigger".

One tiny exception - the influenced items (Elder, Shaper, etc) have a different syntax now, Novynn has confirmed in a forum post how it should be handled consistently to catch every item influence in the game, but it's a new thing, so we'll see if it works as expected when the league starts.
Last edited by EpicFail42 on Dec 11, 2019, 5:29:30 AM
In case you are wondering if the recent filter rules change by GGG helpfully tucked into Gem Information post (renaming of "Warstaff" class to "Warstaves" and "Rune Dagger" to "Rune Daggers") requires a new release of the filter, the answer is no.

Version 34 is still actual, the plural forms, as I already said in the post from 7 September 2019, are already handled properly by default. In the next version of the filter I will remove the "Warstaff" from the code but it's a purely cosmetic thing that changes nothing in the results.
Thanks for great work with each update. :)

Will you add your filter to filters that we can subscribe?
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/ladder/follower
"
MoQuEs wrote:
Thanks for great work with each update. :)

Will you add your filter to filters that we can subscribe?
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/ladder/follower

Sure, in a few days.
Well, our favourite item class, Warstaffs/Warstaves is back with a vengeance. First of all, leaving the outdated name in the code was a major mistake - being unknown, it caused the filter not to load. And, secondly, relying on partial match of "staves" instead of "warstaves" was another mistake - classes are handled only with full match. So, version 35 had to be released. Sorry for any inconvenience, enjoy :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info