What has been changed since the end of invasion league?

Melee vs ranged is in a better place in the beta relative to what it was imo. In part because everything is harder in general for everyone and part because there is a damage reduction buff called fortify you can only get with melee. Fortify is kinda inelegant and feels mandatory but maybe that is what it takes to approach balance given how safe your are moving around in this game.

2h vs 1h still has a bit of an issue though I don't know if it is truly an imbalance. There are more utility skills than ever so I think 2h suffers a bit with how hard it is get max sockets - forget about links, you're going to be a couple sockets short until the endgame. I think 2 3Ls is much better than 1 4L these days. But in the end 2h has higher potential so maybe it is ok...?

If you build well, play reasonable and make use of the masters you are safe against oneshots without grinding or trading until merciless Kole in my experience. Since that is technically after the map room and the start of the end game I find that acceptable as a hardcore non-trading player. If you get unlucky Kole will fuck you up though lol. He had a rare with might arua in his room with him last time, one shot my character with his chain.

If you expect gear drops to be tuned to your class or level or care about what other people have.... That stuff has not changed.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
Can I progress through the game normally without farming one place for x time or some godlike luck just by going through all main and optional places and killing monsters till there are less than 10 of them alive...

The correct response is, "I don't know... can you?"

PoE is complex, challenging, and at times utterly unfair. The more informed you are and the smarter you play the easier the game gets or in other words people can actually get good at the game and it rewards them for it.

This game isn't designed to reward the player. It is designed to beat the player. The reward comes from not letting it.
"

Can you explain what exactly do you mean with the same pattern, please?

What I meant was if you didn't like the game before (or are "barley interested") you will not now. In terminology you might be familiar with instead...I think you give give Hello Kitty a shot.
"
Barivius wrote:
"

What I meant was if you didn't like the game before (or are "barley interested") you will not now. In terminology you might be familiar with instead...I think you give give Hello Kitty a shot.

Oh yeah, Dark Souls and G-rank Monster hunter are really similar to hello kitty.

Seriously Dude, is that 0815 "Go play xy" all you have got? Because I tell you that you impress nobody with such a statement.
"
Hackusations wrote:

This game isn't designed to reward the player. It is designed to beat the player. The reward comes from not letting it.

If it is designed to beat the player, why does flasks, life leech or life gain on hit exist? When the char can heal itself, it is harder to beat the player, isn´t it? Speaking of healing? Why is there a health bar? They could just implement that roguelike mechanic where you die when you get hit by anything, making it easier to kill the player.

Or if the game isn´t designed to reward the player, why does strongboxes exist? They drop just more loot, which is the opposite of the intended design?

I won´t comment the rest of your comment because I already wrote a comment to someone with the same Copy Paste statement.
"
mucker wrote:

If you build well, play reasonable and make use of the masters you are safe against oneshots without grinding or trading until merciless Kole in my experience. Since that is technically after the map room and the start of the end game I find that acceptable as a hardcore non-trading player. If you get unlucky Kole will fuck you up though lol. He had a rare with might arua in his room with him last time, one shot my character with his chain.

If you expect gear drops to be tuned to your class or level or care about what other people have.... That stuff has not changed.

To the first one: It depends how much gear affects your build. One of my characters was running flameblast. As flameblast is a spell, I only have to max my resistance and don´t really need to care about dmg rolls on my weapons, so the unequal RNG doesn´t affect me as much as someone who runs any attack skill. But when you run any attack build, only getting max resistance will result with being half as strong as any spell user, because you need the dmg rolls to compensate the worse scaling on attack gems in comparision to spell gems. And this leads to my answer about the second one: I don´t really care about other people, but I care about balance. When I heard that the game supports players to create their own, unique build. But in reality, if your unique build is an attack, a melee, a 2-handed one, you get punished hard for trying that because of reasons above and earlier comments, which makes them really unattractive. The developers have bosted about how much variety they allow to players in comparision to Diablo 3, but in practise there are just more melee demon hunters in different colors.
"
I don´t really care about other people, but I care about balance. When I heard that the game supports players to create their own, unique build. But in reality, if your unique build is an attack, a melee, a 2-handed one, you get punished hard for trying that because of reasons above and earlier comments, which makes them really unattractive. The developers have bosted about how much variety they allow to players in comparision to Diablo 3, but in practise there are just more melee demon hunters in different colors.

it how the game's like. awakening brings changes to auras and new war crys. it can't be equal to all without being fixed. if you have low dmg it have to played sneaking, spell casters have low energy shield values normally and no tanking if not scion or marauder with some kind of uniques. trading is part of the game and it lessens the grinding repetitive nature. there's always possibility to get good stuff, chaos there and there. three day exile event was a blast but then everybody could have easily that 100 exa 6 link shavronne and not much challenge at getting them. more actively you play the more you get.

devil is in the details when comparing to diablo 3
pal plays it and he likes easier straightforward game (thinking that AE got inspired for heartstone from poe)
you can literally play as demon hunter with beyond maps. you'r char, you'r game.

in the defence side on the other hand it's clear. you need it to avoid one shot.
for me it takes around a week or month to get 70 lv. no need to gring specific areas but it's easy and custom in ledge and docks at least. divination cards may change that

on the general atmosphere side it might be harder to make sensible maps from narrow rather than open corridors

i think the major difference that affects playin in general is level and attributes caps while in diablo it's neverending levels

keeping the price up like a bank niche of loans. is there bubble? don't know. benefits of self contained economy partly
lightning totems with 50 change to flee and other flanking stuff.
dialla is in horror of lioneyes watch burning in the morning glory.
something in eye. proofing boofing ceiling a top
teleports to distant vacuum
is there cockroaches?
Last edited by wicursxenon on Jun 25, 2015, 11:36:31 AM
The big changes that came out most recently are Vaal currency, corrupted zones, corrupted gems and Atziri. If you're familiar with that and crafting masters you should be good to go. If not, you'll want to look into them. They're too complex to thorowly explain quickly... Check the wiki.
Corrupted items can't be changed. Corrupting a GG item can make it even more GG or trash it. It's a gamble.
Atziri is an optional map that is more difficult than anything else.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
"
wicursxenon wrote:
"
I don´t really care about other people, but I care about balance. When I heard that the game supports players to create their own, unique build. But in reality, if your unique build is an attack, a melee, a 2-handed one, you get punished hard for trying that because of reasons above and earlier comments, which makes them really unattractive. The developers have bosted about how much variety they allow to players in comparision to Diablo 3, but in practise there are just more melee demon hunters in different colors.

it how the game's like. awakening brings changes to auras and new war crys. it can't be equal to all without being fixed. if you have low dmg it have to played sneaking, spell casters have low energy shield values normally and no tanking if not scion or marauder with some kind of uniques. trading is part of the game and it lessens the grinding repetitive nature. there's always possibility to get good stuff, chaos there and there. three day exile event was a blast but then everybody could have easily that 100 exa 6 link shavronne and not much challenge at getting them. more actively you play the more you get.

Why do you bring the exile event into the topic? Moreover, why do you take shavronne as an example even though I hinted in the earlier comments that I dislike game breaking/"too bad for their niche" uniques? And I don´t really understand what you mean in the third sentence, too.
"
"
Barivius wrote:
"

Oh yeah, Dark Souls and G-rank Monster hunter are really similar to hello kitty.

Seriously Dude, is that 0815 "Go play xy" all you have got? Because I tell you that you impress nobody with such a statement.

*popcorn*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info