An alternative to Tabula Rasa: Kaom's Skin

For the moment, there is only 1 chest piece you can consider wearing from level 1 till high in maps.
This one is an attempt to have a similar item: it can serve at all levels of the game.

For those who have questions, it's as simple as this:

- If you have 5 life regen per second => with this chest you have 10 life/sec
- If you have 500 life/sec => with this chest 1000 life/sec

Feedback appreciated!
Last edited by Soepkieken on Jun 22, 2015, 4:34:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No sockets? Hope so, some people have 10% life regen and a high life pool...
Ofcourse there are sockets, those never display in this image, check the wiki.
If it had no sockets, it would be written as a drawback, like with Kaom's Heart.

People with a high life pool and 10% regen would have 20% regen wearing this chest.
Last edited by Soepkieken on Jun 22, 2015, 3:33:01 PM
+1 i love the idea of this unique, its useful with an excellent build mechanic while not being useless. Cannot use shields is an interesting draw back.

I would favor an increase in max fire resist % though as an added build defining feature. say 5-10% for a Divine sink to add market value. Even though you double the life regen not sure you can run Righteous fire with out rise of the phoenix, can you?

another feature that would be cool too is that "One handed weapons are used with both hands" So gavels and such can take advantage with damage and speed modifiers from two handed nodes.

So if you use wands as well, you get benefits from two handed nodes, and it shows the two handed animation =) Since Kaom is a two handed user.

i like the concept but "cant use shields" seems to big of a drawback, specialy considering it seems to be there for no toher reason than to avoid RF being stronger.

i would go with something like take "x" increased damage when ignited, shocked or frozen.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Jun 23, 2015, 4:00:02 PM
Eh idk. I think a more neutral roll for the armor is good. i think it it were

100% increased life regen
5-10% Max fire resist (variable) To use RF on two handers esp for the seering touch =)
"One handed counts as two handed"
"cannot use shields"

one handed weapons will do a two handed attack animation, idealy for wand users to.

Plus one handed can benefit from two handed nodes which i think would be slick from a build defining POV. Since this vest has no resist life and defense.

Just max fire resist and life regen. for protection.
I do like the idea of what I see here; I also wonder who did the art?

At any rate, balance-wise, yes, the big sticker will have to be Righteous Fire builds; outright doubling the life regen of a character would be a massive boon. "cannot use shields" certainly does pose an interesting option, making it a very serious build choice, much like other slot-restriction items.

Overall, that MIGHT be a better option than the flat "increased damage while ignited, chilled, or shocked."

"
Theporter wrote:
5-10% Max fire resist (variable) To use RF on two handers esp for the seering touch =)

No, adding that would be an outright TERRIBLE idea. The 100% increased life regen alone would make it a huge potential concern for RF builds; that's part of why restricting a shield is so important. Even just 5% to maximum fire resist would make this almost a mandatory item for any RF build, and instantly replace all other ones.

As it currently stands, given that pretty much all RF builds are based upon using a shield like Rise of the Phoenix, this would prove not readily compatible with them. Certainly, some builds COULD be adjusted to work with this, but it wouldn't be an automatic superior option.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
I also wonder who did the art?

It was a race reward/alt-art for Carcass Jack, iirc.

---

I love the upside and would love to see something made that uses it. Life regen is a defensive style that is really out of favor nowadays (in favor of instant recuperation via leech and/or pots) and it does scale from level 1-100 very nicely.

That being said, I really dislike the downside of "Cannot use shields". For any 2h melee, staff caster, or archer, that is not a real downside -- for those characters, you pick your skills and playstyle before you pick your gear, so the decision to equip this is far too simple. I'm not saying that it doesn't deserve a downside (on top of not having defensive stats at all), only that it feels like there should be a better option.

Also, to be honest, how bad is it if RF builds can exist without RotP? Or that they can get away with less life regen investment? Or that they can regen in combat without using a Ruby and/or Dousing flask?

How big of a problem is 20% life regen in a world where Vaal Pact, Life Gain on Hit, and Seething flasks exist?
I don't thin doubling the life regen will make it a concern for RF builds. As it stands right now, you would be locked at about 79-80% fire resist based on purity level.

Assuming they didn't lower the burn penalty in the beta. To maintain RF you need 87% fire resist and 11.3% life regen at a minimum to not degen.

The idea is to allow it to not degen with out any regen buffs. Maybe 5% at most will be a decent middle ground since the regen doubling could counter act the burn penalty.

The burn damage scales by 90% life last i remember, as well as the regen being more fixed because the only scaling is the life pool in terms of the burn penalty This being 5-11% depending on life node investment. Which is why some people opts out of the inner force cluster, so they can save on the burn penalty.

This however has not been tested before so are their any math wizzes out their who can calculate this?

It should be a good alternative to running RF with out being locked to that 1 item ROTP. Which is why i liked one handed counting as two as well for a build defining mechanic.

The only items i know of that raises max resist are on shields, since the "cannot use shields" penalty exists. A max fire resist one should suffice to be able to run it using two handers.
"
pneuma wrote:
It was a race reward/alt-art for Carcass Jack, iirc.

Ah, I had a suspicion it likely was, or at least some form of race reward art.

"
pneuma wrote:
That being said, I really dislike the downside of "Cannot use shields". For any 2h melee, staff caster, or archer, that is not a real downside -- for those characters, you pick your skills and playstyle before you pick your gear, so the decision to equip this is far too simple.

That's probably the one potential sticking point... Though granted, 2-hander melee builds really do seem like they're at a disadvantage in terms of balance, and could use a little more love.

Though the risk of an archer using it mustn't be ignored, either. Perhaps an interesting alternative is "can only equip 1 weapon slot item?" It'd preclude most archers as it'd prevent their quiver slot. Though it technically WOULD allow for a shield... Just no weapon in that case.

"
pneuma wrote:
Also, to be honest, how bad is it if RF builds can exist without RotP? Or that they can get away with less life regen investment? Or that they can regen in combat without using a Ruby and/or Dousing flask?

Rather, I like the idea of RF builds that weren't restricted to RotP. So far, I've seen a couple of alternatives, mostly using Springleaf and (like once or twice) Saffel's Frame.

The big problem is that, for most RF builds of any stripe, this would surpass pretty much any alternative chestpiece; it'd be close to the equivalent of Shav's is to LL builds.

That is... If it was a pretty easy choice to put in. As a comparison, Shav's isn't that hard of a choice; you don't lose a LOT of ES, and the lack of +life matters less to a LL build. So two minor downsides easily shrugged off for a huge benefit. Similarly, if one could equip all shields with this, the utter lack of defenses or life makes little matter here; it'd become mandatory for pretty much every RF build.

Prohibiting shields is one potential solution, since currently just about any RF build revolves around using one; it'd certainly offer an alternative.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info