[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Is it uber viable?
I can kill regular Atziri pretty easily, dunno about uber.
Wanted to try it in future, any one have some luck with it?
"
zozokek wrote:
Is it uber viable?
I can kill regular Atziri pretty easily, dunno about uber.
Wanted to try it in future, any one have some luck with it?

Drop the Andvarius rings to get more life, and probably grab Atziri's Step boots, and it should be. It's not that different from this guy's PA setup which he has proven uber viable in 1.3 in both trap and non-trap setups. You'll also want to get Phase Acro and more than likely use Pierce instead of IIR in a 6L.

You won't be able to do full MF runs for uber. Probably 0/150 or so.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 18, 2015, 3:10:40 PM
"
Serleth wrote:

The central reason I'm questioning including this comes down to just straight up hotkey use.

Mouse Buttons: force move, flame golem, Flame Totem cull / Rallying Cry
Keyboard: Curse (CoH or manual), Blink Arrow, Blood Rage, Poison Arrow, Portal

Everything's taken. The flame golem dies so often it virtually needs its own hotkey.

The way I have it is lilke this;

Force Move, Vulnerability, PA, Rallying Cry, VLT, Blood Rage, Blink Arrow, Flame Golem.

When I start up, I apply my Auras using the Flame Golem button, once they are up I put Golem back on.

I stopped using Flame totem at around level 60, with VLT's shock, along with vulnerability, PA's DPS went up considerably.

Portal is a gem I keep in my inventory, when I want to leave a place I switch PA with Portal, right click, swap again, but portal back in the inventory. I never found a need to keep it equipped. You could also put it with Faster Castings on your swap, but I'm leveling 6 more PA's, so it's not an option for me. This is a trick I've been using since my SRS days, since that build is super gem hungry there is no place to have Portal.

Also what do you think about what I said on farming? I've been focusing on Domi, Voll, and the Daresso Trio, should I just do maps instead? What do you feel is more lucrative?

Thanks!
Hey, i was wondering how much DPS you actually get from drillneck. doesnt it give just 65% projectile damage? isnt that just ~2k dps?

edit-
also, thank you for this guide.
Last edited by Yuei on Jul 18, 2015, 3:17:24 PM
"
"
Serleth wrote:

The central reason I'm questioning including this comes down to just straight up hotkey use.

Mouse Buttons: force move, flame golem, Flame Totem cull / Rallying Cry
Keyboard: Curse (CoH or manual), Blink Arrow, Blood Rage, Poison Arrow, Portal

Everything's taken. The flame golem dies so often it virtually needs its own hotkey.

The way I have it is lilke this;

Force Move, Vulnerability, PA, Rallying Cry, VLT, Blood Rage, Blink Arrow, Flame Golem.

When I start up, I apply my Auras using the Flame Golem button, once they are up I put Golem back on.

I stopped using Flame totem at around level 60, with VLT's shock, along with vulnerability, PA's DPS went up considerably.

Portal is a gem I keep in my inventory, when I want to leave a place I switch PA with Portal, right click, swap again, but portal back in the inventory. I never found a need to keep it equipped. You could also put it with Faster Castings on your swap, but I'm leveling 6 more PA's, so it's not an option for me. This is a trick I've been using since my SRS days, since that build is super gem hungry there is no place to have Portal.

Also what do you think about what I said on farming? I've been focusing on Domi, Voll, and the Daresso Trio, should I just do maps instead? What do you feel is more lucrative?

Thanks!

Yeah once I 6L my bow, flame totem will be gone, but rallying cry would still take that option up.

As for Portal... I personally hate swapping gems out. Despise it. I'd rather take up a hotkey slot than switch constantly, especially given that I'm portalling a minimum 4 times per map.

I skipped answering the farming bit because of your edit :P

But to answer it, the change to maps getting IIR now on the rolls means that (for this build anyway), boss farming is far less efficient. Especially with how fast you can clear maps. Once you have a ridiculous amount of low level maps, you can seriously just transmute, and rush the boss, and it's more effective.

"
Hey, i was wondering how much DPS you actually get from drillneck. doesnt it give just 65% projectile damage? isnt that just ~2k dps?

Yeah, about that, with frenzy charges up, 2-3k. But it's still 2-3 you wouldn't otherwise have. With Pierce in the 6L instead of IIR, it's closer to 5k.
After reading post by post...

TO-DO LIST :- )
================

1- Test CWDT+PHASE+IDuration+Blood Rage

2- Test VLT+GMP+IDuration

3- Test ENHANCE+TChains+Faster Casting+Vulnerability

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jul 18, 2015, 3:18:23 PM
For Portal gem, a nice thing you can do is put it on your weapon swap and then just swap weapons everytime you want to portal. You won't get faster casting since you're probably leveling Poison Arrows on swap, but it's a way to get an additional skill slot.
"
Serleth wrote:

"

Yeah, about that, with frenzy charges up, 2-3k. But it's still 2-3 you wouldn't otherwise have. With Pierce in the 6L instead of IIR, it's closer to 5k.

in that case, wouldnt running a tri resist quiver and sadima's touch have advantages over that 2k dps?
"
For Portal gem, a nice thing you can do is put it on your weapon swap and then just swap weapons everytime you want to portal. You won't get faster casting since you're probably leveling Poison Arrows on swap, but it's a way to get an additional skill slot.

Also something I'm not a fan of doing.

But I may end up making an exception for this build. =)

"
in that case, wouldnt running a tri resist quiver and sadima's touch have advantages over that 2k dps?

Not imho. Clear speed is like adding effective IIQ. The faster you kill things, the faster you can run to the next map.
"
Serleth wrote:

Yeah once I 6L my bow, flame totem will be gone, but rallying cry would still take that option up.

As for Portal... I personally hate swapping gems out. Despise it. I'd rather take up a hotkey slot than switch constantly, especially given that I'm portalling a minimum 4 times per map.

I get the gem swapping it is a PITA, I agree, but I got so used to it, I played SRS in two different leagues. Though Portal+Faster Casting on a weapon swap is an option as well. It's super fast, only issue is not leveling one or two more PA gems.

I've also been toying with the idea of;

Frenzy + GMP + Curse on Hit + Vulnerability

This is a two fold bonus. First its fast targeted curses. Second it keeps Frenzy charges up on longer boss fights, so you keep that 28% more damage buff.

The down side is you have less curse coverage. Might be worth testing regardless though.

Also I like the idea of the Golem being on a CWDT, but I'm thinking the level max for it might be limiting. Unless you max out CWDT that is. I've got Flame Golem + Minion Resistance + Minion Life + Minion Speed (cause why not?) and he is still pretty squishy.

"
Serleth wrote:

I skipped answering the farming bit because of your edit :P

Yeah, I thought that might have been confusing. I should have just straight up deleted it. I removed a paragraph and replaced it with that sentence about editing. I was asking about you doing Docks runs for "sets" to get fusings to 6L your bow. I immediately though of the sets being the set of divination cards for +20 Fuses, asking if that was even viable. It then dawned on my you were talking about sacrifice sets. I had a "moment" there. Thank you for answering the farming question though, I appreciate it.

Last edited by TirpitzLuminare on Jul 18, 2015, 3:44:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info