[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
@hank Damn, I didn't know you still needed Kalria; the only OgR map I ran today had her in it :/

"
Sacrifized wrote:
...though I reroll BM and no regen because it's way too time consuming to be efficient (or enjoyable), Temp chains + chilled is a brutal slog as well.

Swap for a quicksilver for a mana flask for no regen, clear speed is more or less sustainable (as long as it's not some labyrinthine map type like Torture Chamber or something).

Blood Magic's easy, drop auras and go. Only starts to get problematic for around T11+ I'd say for your average player, but as a veteran, I've done T14 BM's without slowing down.

I reroll chilled EVERY time. I simply can't stand that mod. UGH.

It's like EVERY time I get chilled, I get fetid shamblers, too. :/

I hate chilled , tempchain AND no reggen its a pain how long i need with no reggen. i spend brightly a chaos to get it not.

And grats hank to your anew victory in the challenge battle hank / ser. and now stay ahaid. :-)

Your post abaut playing can be from me. I played long time wow as a maintank and was with my guild 3 guild on server. BUT i lost my life (3 year s online time and 60 to 80 hours per week with working at day and gaming at night and sleep is not necessary) and nearly my wife.
so i look to a game i can do myself. And poe is it. it dosent care if i play 40 hours per week or only 2. and that is the reason i only play solo.
AND i dont like noob groups. So IF i play in group i must know the members and then its a problem to organice my play time.
But what is different from this game is. The comunity is so helpfool and like in this thread happy and mostly friendly. That is why i like this game and its comunity so much.

AND the last part. In this game are things like this worminator (how the hell managed he his
flasks) possible. they will be nerfed (how he shows in his video) BUT he found a way to go on. Thats a great show. I never play such a build because i dont like to make a build and then bummm they make it dead . But to look what kind of poe breaking builds are possible its verry funny to see.
AND again. Thanks crono and serlet for all the answers and hank for the answers AND the funny build he show me.
Unless Hank is forced to reroll due to his build being unable to kill the Shaper, he'll beat me to 40/40. He has one Warband boss to kill, Shaper, and that's it.

I still have the majority of the end-game grinds to finish. I'd guess I'm at least three days away. Takes me about 10 minutes to do Uber lab if I go for the Argus kill for an extra treasure key, and I have 58 runs to do. That's about 10 hours work right there, plus about 5 mins per Core/Dark forest twinned (about 1.5 hours). Call it 12 hours of grinding.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
Unless Hank is forced to reroll due to his build being unable to kill the Shaper, he'll beat me to 40/40. He has one Warband boss to kill, Shaper, and that's it.

I still have the majority of the end-game grinds to finish. I'd guess I'm at least three days away. Takes me about 10 minutes to do Uber lab if I go for the Argus kill for an extra treasure key, and I have 58 runs to do. That's about 10 hours work right there, plus about 5 mins per Core/Dark forest twinned (about 1.5 hours). Call it 12 hours of grinding.

I may actually just buy a Shaper kill to take the pressure off me and then do it on my own later, not worrying if it takes several attempts to finally kill Shaper.

Tomorrow I'm going to do my best to finish off Warbands - maybe someone will sell it in 820 trade.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 26, 2016, 7:01:07 AM
I still need Vessider.

I was figuring to buy Beacon/OgR maps to finish Warbands up first, then go for the grinds.

I tend to get Kalria a lot, I can just tag you in.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
I played long time wow as a maintank and was with my guild 3 guild on server. BUT i lost my life (3 year s online time and 60 to 80 hours per week with working at day and gaming at night and sleep is not necessary) and nearly my wife.
so i look to a game i can do myself. And poe is it. it dosent care if i play 40 hours per week or only 2. and that is the reason i only play solo.
AND i dont like noob groups. So IF i play in group i must know the members and then its a problem to organice my play time.
But what is different from this game is. The comunity is so helpfool and like in this thread happy and mostly friendly. That is why i like this game and its comunity so much.

AND the last part. In this game are things like this worminator (how the hell managed he his
flasks) possible. they will be nerfed (how he shows in his video) BUT he found a way to go on. Thats a great show. I never play such a build because i dont like to make a build and then bummm they make it dead . But to look what kind of poe breaking builds are possible its verry funny to see.
AND again. Thanks crono and serlet for all the answers and hank for the answers AND the funny build he show me.

If ever you're at a point where you feel you need to choose between your wife and family, and gaming, you know what the right decision is :-)

And yes, this too is why I like POE more than WOW. In POE you can do things on your own if necessary - and you can stop playing or reduce your playing time as real life demands without impacting anyone else other than you.

In WOW, there is so much pressure to perform/keep-playing for the group. It's too easy to mix up gaming priorities with real-life priorities when playing WOW.
====
Less important...

Moreover, GGG's staff is much more approachable than WOWs.

WOW had some massively aloof sentiment in it's customer service department - they seemed to encourage an elitist, aggressive, bullying behavior on their forums and in game.

I really liked WOW - but I wanted to get the best gear and advance to the highest content - but this required huge group interaction.

Every time I was in a capable group - either the leader or group members or both were total assholes.

And every time I was in a group I liked, no one could play decently and we never progressed to my satisfaction.

Eventually I just gave up on that game.

I've liked POE much, much more.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 26, 2016, 7:17:22 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
@hank Damn, I didn't know you still needed Kalria; the only OgR map I ran today had her in it

You bastard! I hate you!!! :-)
"
hankinsohl wrote:

If ever you're at a point where you feel you need to choose between your wife and family, and gaming, you know what the right decision is :-)

some of my teammember dont know and in my guild 3 give up the study 2 girlfriend or family, many dont finish a job. So i know from this time 9 people who lost her life (in my sight) for wow. and they where extremly angry as i leafed the guild and dont play wow anymore.

"
hankinsohl wrote:

I really liked WOW - but I wanted to get the best gear and advance to the highest content - but this required huge group interaction.

Every time I was in a capable group - either the leader or group members or both were total assholes.

And every time I was in a group I liked, no one could play decently and we never progressed to my satisfaction.

that exactly was the reason why i only played with guild members. And why i was maintank. I could choose what member i take into my group. In wow i was in the highest contend, and we never made the first kill from the new endboss. But we made it in the first 5 %. And that was a goal for me and i hated it. It was so much grind, test and loose. But when we killed him it was the greatest moments in my playtime

Thats the reason why i hate grinding in poe :-) and never will finish 40 when there is a big grind to do.

@serlet
what the hell. 10 min for uber. Thats absolutly amazing. But not with this build ?
And how did you manage to get so much uber keys?
Is the Pale Court doable as this build? I skipped Prophecy and haven't tried yet, I'd switch to my Lab gear (Belly, rare boots and rings with life, 30ms etc.) which has me sitting at 5.4k life and 67% phys reduction with charges up. Don't want to waste items I could turn into currency just to end up being unable to do the content.
"
Sacrifized wrote:
Is the Pale Court doable as this build? I skipped Prophecy and haven't tried yet, I'd switch to my Lab gear (Belly, rare boots and rings with life, 30ms etc.) which has me sitting at 5.4k life and 67% phys reduction with charges up. Don't want to waste items I could turn into currency just to end up being unable to do the content.

If you evade this book what make a huge dmg its no problem. I made it with this build 10 or 12 times without death. 2 times i died because i dont know that this book makes such a dmg.
i have 5 k life and 12 k cloud dmg.
Alright, thanks, should be good with my life and 23k cloud damage, then.

EDIT: Did it deathless, but damn, that book is one hard hitting bastard!

Any cool builds for that bow? Also, sorry for OT posts, last one, I promise.
Last edited by Sacrifized on Sep 26, 2016, 11:20:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info