[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
hankinsohl wrote:

I really liked WOW - but I wanted to get the best gear and advance to the highest content - but this required huge group interaction.

This has turned me off of so many games, including mmo's that could've been very promising. I feel the moment you are required to group in order to progress, is the moment the game fails.

I stopped playing Warframe precisely because of this.

"
@serlet
what the hell. 10 min for uber. Thats absolutly amazing. But not with this build ?
And how did you manage to get so much uber keys?

Eh, ten minutes is a bit slow, I feel. I can do it with this build as well, but I have to swap to survival gear and the boss fights are noticeably slower. I also don't feel that without changing IIR out for another damage gem that it's doable to get extra keys.

Uber keys:

* One from the kill
* One from killing each of the first two phases without taking out the buffs. I.e., leaving all portals/fonts up, not using a charge disruptor, etc. Two keys total from this.
* Argus

Four key run.

"
Any cool builds for that bow?

Grats on the Reach drop.

I'm using a T-Shot poison build for my alt char, which runs with Reach. I find it pretty good. It's also great for LA, and basically any phys bow build really, because it removes the need for a GMP gem.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Grats on the Reach drop.

Thanks, found a LA/Barrage high mobility build that looks like a lot of fun, now trying to six-link it, 8XX fuses in and no dice.

I also purchased a +1 Arrow Drillneck which I will eventually use on the second char and am currently using on my CA and it's crazy fun, dat dere AoE. Wouldn't have bought it just for CA and it's definitly not needed but if anyone got the spare currency I can only recommend it.

I got a different question: Currently I'm trying to craft vuln on hit gloves as a side project, would your CA build profit from two freed up gem slots in any way? I'm guessing not, 8-10 gem level difference is probably hard to top, we would need Frenzy+GMP anyways and I don't really know what one could link in it instead of vuln and COH.
I went 15xx on my Reach.

Decided to just buy a 6L belly instead. Will worry about 6Ling the Reach later, but don't need to.

There isn't much to replace the CoH setup, and VoH could potentially be unreliable in chaotic fights. That said, it would allow for you to opt in to a Rallying/Enduring Cry setup if you weren't running one to begin with (like I tend not to), or a decoy totem or even a culling IIR if you were willing to sacrifice some base magic find in favour of slotting in an extra damage gem on CA, and just worry about culling bosses/exiles and that sorta thing.
nvm
Last edited by BigBankHank on Sep 27, 2016, 12:56:37 PM
Do we have a ideal jewel loadout in this build? I count 7 jewel slots in the listed passive tree.

- We probably need to take some resist rolls until capped (given dual andvarius and no-res bow), or do we go for higher to handle bad map mods?
- We need to take max hp% rolls until 5k hp right? is that on all 7 jewels then?
- Do we take IIR on jewels at all? seems to max at 6% per jewel. Do we take it over a 2nd DPS affix or even instead of a 1st DPS affix?

Last edited by OrionPlays on Sep 27, 2016, 5:07:13 PM
* Priority is: Res balance, Life, Damage. Typically what I do is get res balance + damage, repeat until I'm balanced. Then life + damage. I only care about getting two rolls on any given jewel typically, but when shopping for rares (if any are available for a reasonable price) I shoot for (res/life) + damage + damage, spreading the res out over multiple jewels. Just a personal preference, you could get multiple res rolls on your jewels if you wanted, but you do ideally want at least one damage roll per jewel socket.
* Don't worry about overcapping. Go for it if you want, but wouldn't sweat it.
* 5k is my personal preference. If you prefer more damage, you can go lower, but I wouldn't drop below 4.8
* No IIR on jewels
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 27, 2016, 5:31:00 PM
"
Serleth wrote:

* 5k is my personal preference. If you prefer more damage, you can go lower, but I wouldn't drop below 4.8

Damn, I'm sitting at 4.2k here and never went over 4.5k, I did well up to T14 in Perandus. Did not know that you guys push life that high, you must have insane rolls on your rares.

"
I shoot for (res/life) + damage + damage, spreading the res out over multiple jewels.

This works really well for me, too. I roll all my jewels myself instead of shopping though, gives me something to do with the insane amount of alts that drop/gotten from selling gear.

"
I went 15xx on my Reach.

Finally got mine at 13XX, first and last time I'm six-linking something on my own.

EDIT: Totally forgot what I wanted to ask: Did anyone try out Dying Sun with this build?
Last edited by Sacrifized on Sep 28, 2016, 6:54:43 AM
"
Sacrifized wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

Damn, I'm sitting at 4.2k here and never went over 4.5k, I did well up to T14 in Perandus. Did not know that you guys push life that high, you must have insane rolls on your rares.

"
I shoot for (res/life) + damage + damage, spreading the res out over multiple jewels.

This works really well for me, too. I roll all my jewels myself instead of shopping though, gives me something to do with the insane amount of alts that drop/gotten from selling gear.

"
I went 15xx on my Reach.

Finally got mine at 13XX, first and last time I'm six-linking something on my own.

EDIT: Totally forgot what I wanted to ask: Did anyone try out Dying Sun with this build?

It's less good rolls on rares, and more just pushing level 91.

Spoiler

As you can see, no T1 rolls on life.

I wouldn't be discouraged by the 6L cost. I've 6L'd over 70 items in PoE now, and my average, including 2 nightmares and my current (stalled) 1534 attempt on the Reach is still ~850 fusings.

Over time, you will average out to beneficial costs.

Dying Sun is trumped out by Witchfire's Brew. Hands down.
Regarding the Shadow variant, I have a couple more suggestions ... I hope I'm not wrong ;)

"
Serleth wrote:
as there's no way to gain Increased Area of Effect for Shadow that's similar to the Scion or Ranger's Deadeye +1 Arrow mechanic.

Albeit while more expensive, say hello to

"
Serleth wrote:
Shadow Passive Tree

You can drop the "6% Increased Projectile Damage" skill point at the Scion start area and instead choose the "10% Increased Projectile Damage" skill point near the "Ballistic Mastery" at the Ranger start area ;)

I've taken an screenshot, with 2 yellow doted points regarding the change:
https://imgur.com/a/12uxU

Thanks!
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 29, 2016, 2:10:44 AM
Thanks for the catch on the tree, you're absolutely right there.

Only reason I don't mention the +arrow Drillneck is precisely because it is a more expensive option, and with Shadow you almost want to keep the 10% implicit to catch a bit of damage.

But you're right, it is worth noting anyway, given how quickly the build farms.

I've adjusted the OP accordingly on both points.

Thanks.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 29, 2016, 2:39:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info