[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"

Thanks, even if your bow has +3 you still recommend AOE over Empower?

Depends. If you have witch aoe nodes or carcass jack, you can take out AoE for Empower no problems.

But without either a) AoE gem b) Blast Radius c) Carcass Jack - the area is just too tiny to warrant getting the extra gem level. You'll be standing around shooting 30 times instead of once or twice.

"
Hi there. I just found a corrupted Clarity
Should I use it instead of a normal Clarity?

Also I pretty fucked up my Skill Tree a little bit, but I can fix it :D. Here's my tree atm, i'm not using PA at all still Split Arrow, got 3k dps :P

My tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBiMILg2ND6sWvxmKGY4byB9BJIs2PUMxR35JE0z_Tipbr2KsZU1sjG1sdO11y3rvfXWExYTZieCNfpAKkx-XBpuNm7WdqrVIt7a74702vqfDOsSixLjLvdN-1fjaweOE5ljmgepi7YPuDu96_MX-ug==

I got a +1 3L bow, but I don't wanna use it now... Imo PA dmg is very low comparing that I one shoot now most of the mobs, not blues or rares ;)

Any advices?

Vaal Clarity won't be terribly effective since we aren't doing a lot of repetitive casting (SRS, Incinerate, Flameblast, etc.). Sell it.

Did you go Death's Harp route? SA 3k dps is solid and sounds like Death's Harp, or a very nice rare bow. In either case you can run with that dps no problems to merc docks, then switch to PA around that time where you'll get a +2 bow and then PA dps will start to exceed it.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
skjutengris wrote:
btw how to sustain blood rage life regen again?

Heart of Oak (1%) + Master of Arena (1%) + Golem's Blood (1.6%) = 3.6% regen vs 4% BR degen.

Blood Siphon's LGoK psuedo-offsets the last 0.4%, then you flask.

If you're not comfortable with it and you're willing to slow the clear speed down a bit, use Split Arrow + CoH + Chain + Poacher's Mark, or manually attack with frenzy gem, which becomes a lot easier once you pick up two of the duration nodes on the tree.

alright thanks to low level then yet.
:)
"
Serleth wrote:
"

Thanks, even if your bow has +3 you still recommend AOE over Empower?

Depends. If you have witch aoe nodes or carcass jack, you can take out AoE for Empower no problems.

But without either a) AoE gem b) Blast Radius c) Carcass Jack - the area is just too tiny to warrant getting the extra gem level. You'll be standing around shooting 30 times instead of once or twice.

"
Hi there. I just found a corrupted Clarity
Should I use it instead of a normal Clarity?

Also I pretty fucked up my Skill Tree a little bit, but I can fix it :D. Here's my tree atm, i'm not using PA at all still Split Arrow, got 3k dps :P

My tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBiMILg2ND6sWvxmKGY4byB9BJIs2PUMxR35JE0z_Tipbr2KsZU1sjG1sdO11y3rvfXWExYTZieCNfpAKkx-XBpuNm7WdqrVIt7a74702vqfDOsSixLjLvdN-1fjaweOE5ljmgepi7YPuDu96_MX-ug==

I got a +1 3L bow, but I don't wanna use it now... Imo PA dmg is very low comparing that I one shoot now most of the mobs, not blues or rares ;)

Any advices?

Vaal Clarity won't be terribly effective since we aren't doing a lot of repetitive casting (SRS, Incinerate, Flameblast, etc.). Sell it.

Did you go Death's Harp route? SA 3k dps is solid and sounds like Death's Harp, or a very nice rare bow. In either case you can run with that dps no problems to merc docks, then switch to PA around that time where you'll get a +2 bow and then PA dps will start to exceed it.

Yes I went to Death's Harp route, but I don't have one.I got a decent rare bow that I'm using it now
Thanks for the answer Serleth as always.

Currently grinding through 69 maps and finishing one map in around 6-7 minutes. Crazy clear speed.

Gear:

Next goal will be Drillneck and 5 linking the bow for crazy dmg. Still feeling squishy with 4.2k health though.

Insane lucky endgame bow with option to craft DoT from Leo. Armour is great too but rest of the gear is crap. Still managed to get to level 77 in two days.

Thoughts on auras to run after resists are capped? Grace? Arctic Armour? Haste?
Last edited by elitedesolator on Jul 12, 2015, 11:02:15 AM
solid build, but i'm pretty scared of playing evasion characters now that bosses will one shot you. is there any way to make this build work with iron reflexes?
"
solid build, but i'm pretty scared of playing evasion characters now that bosses will one shot you. is there any way to make this build work with iron reflexes?

Now that Deterministic Lockstep has been added you should try Evasion.
"
Thanks for the answer Serleth as always.

Currently grinding through 69 maps and finishing one map in around 6-7 minutes. Crazy clear speed.

Gear:

Spoiler

Next goal will be Drillneck and 5 linking the bow for crazy dmg. Still feeling squishy with 4.2k health though.

Insane lucky endgame bow with option to craft DoT from Leo. Armour is great too but rest of the gear is crap. Still managed to get to level 77 in two days.

Thoughts on auras to run after resists are capped? Grace? Arctic Armour? Haste?

GG on the bow. Dropped? Gratz either way.

With dual andy's I don't see how you're not going to be running Purity, tbh, not without GG jewels anyway. We'll see how that pans out, still new territory for me too.

If you can get full capped, yeah, Grace + AA imho.

"

I have yet to be one-shot.

As for taking IR, with where they moved it, it'd be difficult I think. I'll get back to you on this later, I'm heading out the door right now.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 12, 2015, 2:07:43 PM
Serleth,

On your Tree Pre-Jewel, I would remove the 3 points spent on the 18% individual resistances.

Switch to the two points for Cloth and Chain near Blood Drinker.

Your Way: 3 points for 18% resist all.

My way: 2 points for 15% resist all AND 36% increased Evasion/Armor.

Hope it helps others.
PM me or find me in game if I win. It's hard to keep track of all my bids.

IGN = ShatCrash
Last edited by koranuso on Jul 12, 2015, 2:25:27 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question. May I ask why we don't take phase acrobatics? Looks pretty strong to me.
"
josefnm wrote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question. May I ask why we don't take phase acrobatics? Looks pretty strong to me.

What 4 points would you be willing to give up for defence?
PM me or find me in game if I win. It's hard to keep track of all my bids.

IGN = ShatCrash

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info