[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Thanks for the answer!

Does empower lvl 2 boost your dmg more than Less Duration? I'm thinking keep leveling empower on switch. Don't have +1 gems.
IGN Flatulencia
Last edited by Focusix on Mar 24, 2016, 7:05:49 PM
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
This just dropped today:
Spoiler

If anyone starting on this build and in need for a 5L, can have it for free. Online right now, but I won't be keeping it long. Hit me, IGN Banoke.
Required level 68? That's kind of high for a starter toon... :)
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Focusix wrote:
Thanks for the answer!

Does empower lvl 2 boost your dmg more than Less Duration? I'm thinking keep leveling empower on switch. Don't have +1 gems.
Those are both red gems, so just swap them out and check the tooltip.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
This just dropped today:
Spoiler

If anyone starting on this build and in need for a 5L, can have it for free. Online right now, but I won't be keeping it long. Hit me, IGN Banoke.

Until mid 70s the character IS still a starer as you can get there pretty fast. Plus it was a (free) giveaway, so don't criticize me for trying to help others.
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Hvakhshathra wrote:
This just dropped today:
Spoiler

Until mid 70s the character IS still a starer as you can get there pretty fast. Plus it was a (free) giveaway, so don't criticize me for trying to help others.
Sorry mate, I wasn't being cruel or heartless - or I wouldn't have signed off with the smiley face. :D
I TRIED 6-linking a 6S Maraketh myself for a few days and a few 100 fuses with no luck... altho I had about a half dozen 5-links... when a 6L Maraketh was finally posted and unsold today for 5EX I paid for it just to stop burning fuses... its already +2 bow and I bought Empower 3 so I can just use it for now while I save some more for the mastercraft... tooltip DPS jumped from 11.7k to 15k with Blood Rage, Golem, & Frenzy up... don't tend to use Rallying Cry, but I use Vaal Trap and Wither Totem on Rares/Bosses for more DPS

Already have 20% on all my CA supports and CA... working on Vaaling a 21 and finishing lvl 19 on support gems... need to reconfigure my jewels for life rolls... should have been regaling Life + dmg gems from the start I think... that way there would be 4 chances at a 2nd dmg mod instead of 1 at a life mod and 3 at dmg mods...

3.7k Life hasn't been too bad... unless I do like a triple dmg mod map with or without the crit mod... but more couldn't hurt...

I still havent farmed lab much... plan to in the near future for the challenges... hopefully I get lucky on a helm enchant as well while im stuck there...
Hi, i'm relatively new on the game and i decided to test this build because i want to try a mf build.

Doing well so far but a little confused about the gem/links section.

Can you please post something like Best In Slot Gems/Links?

I dont know if i have to run enduring cry for example, or the wither/spell totem setup because in your example gear, there is no this setup.

If anyone could help me posting exactly the gems and links for this build in the end game mf i will apreciate.

Ty all.
Last edited by LeoFantucci on Mar 25, 2016, 11:19:19 AM
"
LeoFantucci wrote:
Hi, i'm relatively new on the game and i decided to test this build because i want to try a mf build.

Doing well so far but a little confused about the gem/links section.

Can you please post something like Best In Slot Gems/Links?

I dont know if i have to run enduring cry for example, or the wither/spell totem setup because in your example gear, there is no this setup.

If anyone could help me posting exactly the gems and links for this build in the end game mf i will apreciate.

Ty all.

Obviously, the most important link is the Caustic Arrow one... and Clarity + Purity to start to maintain mana and max resists... swapping Purity for Grace once no longer needed to increase survivability

Flame Golem for relatively free dmg boost, Blink Arrow for mobility, Portal so you can vendor scrolls

The 4+ Link Frenzy setup is important because you are getting a double DPS boost from your frenzy charges and cursed target

From there, I think there is a lot of personal choice involved, and gem space limitations...

I use the Wither Totem and Vaal Trap to boost my single target DPS on rares/uniques/exiles/bosses... some stack Essense Drain with their Caustic Arrow... Blood Rage is great when you can sustain the drain, because there is less upkeep involved in maintaining Frenzy Charges while zerging maps...

I dropped Enduring/Rallying Cry because they require a lot of upkeep and nearby mobs to be effective...

I also haven't bothered with any of the gem setups for party play... with all the group lag at the moment I only group for master rotations anyway...

Hope this helps... others have some variations as well, like triple Aura with Enlighten and Arctic Armour

To see it in action:

Spoiler

You can ignore the extra Caustic Arrows I'm leveling to Vaal later. Before I got the 6S Carcass I just had a 4L chest and Grace + Clarity fit into my helm in place of the extra Caustic Arrows (I recolored the sockets)
Last edited by Piros on Mar 25, 2016, 1:11:31 PM
Tks man, now i can see more things than before.

I'm leveling yet, using spark and orb of storm, but soon enough i will change for the caustic setup.

Ty very much for the answer.
I have Aurseize, Goldwyrm, Sadimas, Perandus belt... My question is what is best to use, and do i need to use them all? ty
Last edited by mulerin0 on Mar 25, 2016, 1:33:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info