[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Hi, I like your build but I don't understand 2 things.

I only do 7.5K dps with 6 frenzy charge. Could it be the lvl of my gem? (actually lvl 19 +2)

I also don't have the drillneck for now. Could you give an estimated price for this item? Some one just ask me 4.5 ex for this. It seems very expansive.

Thx

Ps : sorry for my english, I'm not very good :)
Hi Man, really like this build and i'm currently using it in the new Warband League, i just got this jewel by corrupting another one:

Do you think this can be used?

Thx a lot, love this build so far
Last edited by ceralguy on Jul 11, 2015, 3:14:56 PM
"
DH_innoruuk wrote:
Hi, I like your build but I don't understand 2 things.

I only do 7.5K dps with 6 frenzy charge. Could it be the lvl of my gem? (actually lvl 19 +2)

I also don't have the drillneck for now. Could you give an estimated price for this item? Some one just ask me 4.5 ex for this. It seems very expansive.

Thx

Ps : sorry for my english, I'm not very good :)

Gem level is a huge factor. In a completed tree, with frenzy charges, each level will add roughly 1.5k dps.

So with level 20 and empower 3 (+3 more levels) you will have 12k tooltip. Now get that in a +1/+2 bow (+1 to PA, +1 to Empower) and you'll see 15k tooltip.

Drillneck will probably add another 1-2k or so.

"
ceralguy wrote:
Hi Man, really like this build and i'm currently using it in the new Warband League, i just got this jewel by corrupting another one:

Do you think this can be used?

Thx a lot, love this build so far

The reduced movement speed isn't worth it. You can get rare jewels with 10-12% projectile damage and another 10-12% chaos damage I believe the rolls are (check poedb.tw/us for exact details), which will beat the rolls of that jewel, not have the movement speed penalty, and have room for life and resistances.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 11, 2015, 3:22:44 PM
Ok thank you.

Do you have any idea to the drillneck price?
nice build, one quick question:
are there any cheap starter builds you can recommend that synergize well with yours in a 2 man party? (even though the topic clearly states "solo" ;) )

thanks in advance
I am confused, does this build use a frenzy gem? Otherwise how do you get frenzy charges? It's talked about a lot in the guide, but not mentioned in the gems section. Can someone please clarify for me? Thank you so much.
bye bye PoE
By using blood rage gem, 25% chance to get frenzy at kill.
"
DH_innoruuk wrote:
Do you have any idea to the drillneck price?

Drillneck typically has gone for 6ex prior to this league but I have a feeling Drillneck PA might be meta. So don't be surprised if it ends up being closer to 8ex or so.

"
Nethqz wrote:
nice build, one quick question:
are there any cheap starter builds you can recommend that synergize well with yours in a 2 man party? (even though the topic clearly states "solo" ;) )

Any build that uses vulnerability will be beneficial. Imho ideally you'd be playing with a melee char that will aggro a bit for you.

Just remember this build isn't meant to party because PA can't cull but if you do a secondary 5L in Carcass with Flame Totem - IIR - Faster Casting - Faster Projectiles - Culling Strike, it will work reasonably at least for boss kills though you'll see a noticeable dip in MF results from packs.

"
Selky62 wrote:
I am confused, does this build use a frenzy gem? Otherwise how do you get frenzy charges? It's talked about a lot in the guide, but not mentioned in the gems section. Can someone please clarify for me? Thank you so much.

It does mention it in the gems actually

"
Rallying / Enduring Cry + Blood Rage + Increased Duration**

And yes, even with the nerf to 25% chance, it works fine.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 11, 2015, 4:24:40 PM
"
DH_innoruuk wrote:

"
Selky62 wrote:

It does mention it in the gems actually

What am I missing? cause I don't see it:

"In a +3 Bow, we use Poison Arrow - AoE - Conc Effect - Empower - Slower Projectiles - IIR (in that order).

Rallying / Enduring Cry + Blood Rage + Increased Duration**

Clarity (Level 10 at present) - Purity - Purity of Lightning/Cold/Fire (depending on your gear) - Enlighten (not required, just QoL)

Blink Arrow

Flame Golem

Vulnerability - Portal - Faster Casting

** If you prefer to run Enduring Cry, you can set up CWDT - Vulnerability - Immortal Call to help with some auto-cursing and surviving burst damage situations."

.... so since it's not listed there.. WHERE do I put the frenzy gem?
bye bye PoE
Last edited by Selky62 on Jul 11, 2015, 5:05:15 PM
Hey Serleth, I hate to be that person, but there's no reason this build couldn't work on a Scion that I'm not seeing is there? Looks like you basically go right up to the Scion starting point, and it'd give me an excuse to play Scion again with a build that interests me. Sorry if I'm being dumb, not played in ages and wanting to come back, always prefered range builds.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info