[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Gosen wrote:
I checked dps differences. Rapid Decay is better than empower +1 and I think it will be better as well from +2, but can't confirm it. As 6l maybe I would add slower projectiles instead of empower (+2 to gems different than CA won't change things much).

Huh.

That's curious.

Looks like the nerf to the base damage was serious enough that even with Concentrated Effect factored in (using vmoddin's calculator), that even Empower 3 is beaten out by a 20/20 rapid decay.

I mean, it's not by much (we're looking at a dps difference of 500-1000, and that's WITH Wither Stacks up...), but it would make chroming significantly easier.

That's unfortunate.

That said, Empower 4 still wins.

Looks like it's time to edit the gems section.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 28, 2015, 2:57:41 PM
What would you do next with this bow?

"
wraeyth wrote:

Nothing.

It's done.

Other than the above discussion regarding how we discovered Empower only beats Rapid Decay (assuming vmoddin's calc is accurate) if Empower is level 4.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
wraeyth wrote:

Nothing.

It's done.

Other than the above discussion regarding how we discovered Empower only beats Rapid Decay (assuming vmoddin's calc is accurate) if Empower is level 4.

You wouldn't haku it then elreon? or just not enough value for the cost?

Re RD - unless it's a major difference, I am not re-chroming this again, i've spent too many already because i messed it up lol.
Last edited by wraeyth on Dec 28, 2015, 8:24:34 PM
"
wraeyth wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
wraeyth wrote:

Nothing.

It's done.

You wouldn't haku it then elreon? or just not enough value for the cost?

Re RD - unless it's a major difference, I am not re-chroming this again, i've spent too many already because i messed it up lol.

The difference between Empower 3 and RD isn't much, it's like 500dps, 1k with Wither stacks up (8).

It's more significant with Empower 2, but yeah I'm in the same boat as you. I spent like 1500 chromes on mine, so fuck it, I'm keeping it because I will eventually get Empower 4, which beats RD.

I guess you could scour the suffixes then multimod it yeah but that's unnecessary until you're running Carcass Jack or another unique chest, if you plan to.
"
Serleth wrote:

The difference between Empower 3 and RD isn't much, it's like 500dps, 1k with Wither stacks up (8).

It's more significant with Empower 2, but yeah I'm in the same boat as you. I spent like 1500 chromes on mine, so fuck it, I'm keeping it because I will eventually get Empower 4, which beats RD.

I guess you could scour the suffixes then multimod it yeah but that's unnecessary until you're running Carcass Jack or another unique chest, if you plan to.

I'm running CJ already, with capped res via other gear and jewels. Not as much life as I'd like though. I had planned to clear/multimod it before, but now I question the value of doing that.
"
wraeyth wrote:
I'm running CJ already, with capped res via other gear and jewels. Not as much life as I'd like though. I had planned to clear/multimod it before, but now I question the value of doing that.

If you're already capped the only reason to do it is to be overcap for ele weakness maps, otherwise it's irrelevant. Unless you want to min-max and replace resistance jewels with life variations.
so I hit 90 yesterday, what a ride ^^

still some stuff to do, mainly killing the infamous avatar of thunder
[
]
that'll btch around with his 4 bullies..
doing all the stuff on my own except t14 / t15 bosses, we clearly lack that amount of upfront burst damage and sustain (like you do, ED Contagion *envy*).

best thing is I'm not bored yet! Means I'm going to continue levelling (Zana is 7.4-ish) and rush t1-12 maps of my likings. Best part is corrupted unidentified museums / arenas. The loot is so much from the 6 bosses alone.. Madness! Sales are down to two things: non-drop gems, vagan daggers, elreon rings and uniques (maps, t2-t1). lvl 20 gems sit there with 15c b/o untouched. Maybe I re-level them soon, since my swaps are 20/20 in a few hours.

killed atziri for a flask (ofcourse) for the first time this league too :) yay!

GZ on your hope Ser and the bow ofc, seeing you finally getting it is nice! chromes are without words :( I'll have you some spares if you like, somehow the process is much smoother with chromes from strangers (well, at least I believe that ^^)

my stomach hurts from 5 x-mas dinners...

IGN: WildTortillaFart
Gratz on 25 bud! You're almost there =)

How much are you getting for Vagan daggers btw? I saw some guy wtb for 30c or something.

O_x

I've clearly missed out on a major profit margin, somehow.

I know I goofed this league forgetting about Elreon rings. Like... EVERY DAY. I just keep forgetting to check for them and sell'm.

Oops.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 29, 2015, 4:30:52 AM
TY <3

Eeh the master weapons depend on the base, alot. Selling the 80% crit ones for 20c, the lower ones for 7c-15c (and thanks to some dubious scripts) they almost sell out within 5 minutes I put them in the tab. Same goes for Elr rings, crit and resistances implicits are most sought, followed by IIR.

I clearly don't know if stopping at 28 is acceptable for me.. need - that - totem - pole!! but then again, some challenges will show me the limits of our bruteforce method, there's only so much currency makeable in a timeframe. 28 is in reach, 32 needs some blessing from a certain someone high up pushing the button of RNG :)
IGN: WildTortillaFart

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info