[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Looking at the Gear section of the original post, it looks like you didn't corrupt your 20/20 Increased AOE. Any reason in particular? Mine just hit 20/20 :)
First of all: thanks for this guide, I wanted to play a MF character for quite some time and this worked out beautifully.
I've been playing the shit out of Talisman league, hitting level 90 soon. Farming tier 7-9 maps now without caring about map mods at all, it is great.
Crafted this yesterday:

Still waiting for Empower to hit level 3, for now I am using CA-AoE-CE-VM-RD-IIR.
Vulnerability CoH and Wither Totem boost dps amazingly.

I'm planning to kill Atziri soon but I don't know what to expect since I've never killed her before. Should the fight be doable with my setup? What's the strategy against her and more importantly the trio?
I'm sitting on 12k tooltip dps (+CE), capped resists and 16k evasion.
"
comoestoy wrote:
First of all: thanks for this guide, I wanted to play a MF character for quite some time and this worked out beautifully.
I've been playing the shit out of Talisman league, hitting level 90 soon. Farming tier 7-9 maps now without caring about map mods at all, it is great.
Crafted this yesterday:

Still waiting for Empower to hit level 3, for now I am using CA-AoE-CE-VM-RD-IIR.
Vulnerability CoH and Wither Totem boost dps amazingly.

I'm planning to kill Atziri soon but I don't know what to expect since I've never killed her before. Should the fight be doable with my setup? What's the strategy against her and more importantly the trio?
I'm sitting on 12k tooltip dps (+CE), capped resists and 16k evasion.

I would imagine even level 2 empower would outweigh RD right now for you.
Question - Just making this build now and it looks amazing,

Any reason to run Carcass Jack over say Greed's Embrace Golden Plate?

Does the extra resi / life from CJ outweigh the IIR/IIQ of Greed's?

Thanks in advance
More off topic stuff. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Spoiler

"
Serleth wrote:

@ Hank
Spoiler
They won't actually rebalance a skill until Ascendency. Things like CA + Poison were different: those were bugs. So you should be able to pwn face with Bladefall for the next 2.5 months just fine.

I rolled a Dual Totem, IW, Bladefall toon today...

11-1/2 hours deathless to Act 4 Merciless, including time wasted in trade chat looking for some gear upgrades. Level 61 and no Doons yet - from here on out it's going to get really silly.

If GGG doesn't nerf this, I think it's going to be ideal for some of the harder challenges, e.g. twined tier 15.

It seems to me that GGG does nerf some stuff mid-league though - I recall some sort of nerf to minion explosions and mirror arrow for example - but yeah, I can't recall GGG nerfing mainline skills. So perhaps this build is safe for the nonce.

I've also incorporated Wither into the mix.

Spell Totem-Bladefall-Conc Effect-Controlled Destruction - IW (eventually, currently using faster casting) - Poison

is just killer. Bladefall instantly kills whites, poison kills blues, and wither (if necessary) then melts stubborn rares/bosses.

I'm running around with very little health in a Tabula Rasa at the moment, but I survive due to huge DPS and fast potion application when necessary.

But what's crazy is that I'm going to have crap-tons of armor and life coupled with this DPS once I finalize gear. I'll have 60% or so physical mitigation from armor and with perfect gear, about 7.5K to 8K life. This coupled with the fact that it's a totem build which shouldn't take hits often at all... is just crazy broken, LOL.

Edit:
Died at 61 in Mines Level 2 - went down almost instantly due to no health/armor at this point in the build. Kind of expected a death - it's been sketchy for quite awhile.

At level 64 equipped dual Doons and IW - DPS doubled. Now have better life and armor thanks to Doons but still running around in a Tabula. Farming Dried Lake with 135K to 150K experience per hour (dual Incinerate totems last patch was about 120K just as a reference point).
Last edited by hankinsohl on Dec 28, 2015, 11:51:55 AM
Thanks so much for the build!

I have a quick question: why spec into "Master of Arena"?
How do you feel about leech in this build? Would it be worth grabbing the new attack leech nodes next to IR for some extra tank or is it overkill?
"
Serleth wrote:
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
wichtounet wrote:
I'm incredibly unlucky or I am doing something wrong ? Should I do higher level maps ?

Check out the spoiler section of the initial post in this thread where Serleth goes into detail about how the exalts/hour calculation was made. As explained in the spoiler the exalts/hr figure is based on Standard league where 300 or so alts is worth an exalt. In new leagues, the currency values are much different and your exalts/hr will drop quite a bit.

Nevertheless, magic-find is really, really useful for wealth generation, especially in new leagues where the cost of gear is rock-bottom compared to Standard.

This. Please read the explanation Hank alluded to. I'll touch on it briefly here as well:

When I left Standard on December 11th, alts were about 360:1 in Standard, and are currently 960:1 in Talisman. Chaos to exalt ratios were roughly 45:1 (Std) to 70-75:1 presently in (Talisman).

And, believe it or not, that 40% IIR that you're missing makes a huge difference in your rate, too.

On the alt/chaos ratios alone, you should be looking at roughly 0.2-0.25ex per hour, at best, in Talisman. Keep in mind two things: that 0.3ex per hour listed in the explanation section was regarding ratios that were 15c and 10-15 fuse (per exalt) less than what Talisman SC is currently trading at. Secondly, keep in mind (generally speaking) that challenge league prices compensate for the exchange rate differences. Take for example Apep's Rage, which you aren't getting for any cheaper than 20c in Standard, and probably spending very close to an exalt on average.

You can get it right now for 2 chaos in Talisman.

Whatever difference you're seeing in not being at roughly 0.2ex/hr comes from the fact that you're missing about 40% IIR and whatever extra time that you're taking during vendor trips, whether you're a smoker, how often you alt-tab to check a stream or look something up, etc. One thing I forgot to include in that explanation is that it does assume you are efficient with your identification, vendoring, and sorting process.

If you go look at my Inventory & Stash Management video, you'll see exactly how long I take vendoring. It's a ridiculously short time frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DR37M70GuU

The first vendor trip at ~9:25 is slow for me. I deliberately did it slowly to showcase and talk through the mental process that undergoes my vendor trips. Some people remarked on that timestamp that it was incredibly fast.

The trip at ~12:15 was closer to my normal speed, but still slow so people could quickly glimpse the rolls on items as I was talking through them.

Based on viewer feedback, I'm spending anywhere between five and forty seconds LESS than they are on vendor trips. I didn't realize initially how quickly I was doing them compared to others. Those seconds can add up and could also be a contributing factor in the difference.

Thanks a lot for the explanations. I'll try to increase my IIR and vendor speed.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
"
Gosen wrote:
I believe you that it works (area damage), but how can you be sure?

* Because I've tested it and noticed the difference
* Because at some point (I can't track it down quickly) GGG confirmed it.

"
Looking at the Gear section of the original post, it looks like you didn't corrupt your 20/20 Increased AOE. Any reason in particular? Mine just hit 20/20 :)

Because I haven't had a spare in case it bricks. No other reason. Not that it'd be a major impact if it dequalities, but I'm nitpicky like that.

"
I'm planning to kill Atziri soon but I don't know what to expect since I've never killed her before. Should the fight be doable with my setup?

Rechrome to use Empower 2 if you can. I think even Empower 1 would outweigh RD (it becomes Empower 2 in the +3 bow), but I'm not 100% certain on that offhand.

I have a video that showcases it in my videos section, but here's the brief rundown.

* Try time the double vaal kill so you kill both at once, or as close to it as you can get. The second one enrages once the first one dies, so it's important you kill them as close together (time-wise) as possible.
* Tentacle boss, then dual striker, then cyclone. The most important thing is kill the tentacle first. The other two are 50/50 for this build. You'll want dispel bleed flasks for the cyclone but that's about it.
* Remove curse on hit for Atziri. She reflects curses.
* For the split phase, drop an arrow on the any one of the four clones as they spawn, then immediately blink arrow out once they solidify. It takes a few tries to get the timing down, but the flameblaster targets you immediately. Then it's just practice and experience.

"
I have a quick question: why spec into "Master of Arena"?

You can drop it in 2.1 if you want but it's there mostly to help with the Blood Rage degen.

I get this one a lot so I'm adding it to the FAQ.

"
Any reason to run Carcass Jack over say Greed's Embrace Golden Plate?

Does the extra resi / life from CJ outweigh the IIR/IIQ of Greed's?

This build is already kind of slow because of the minimal 10% IMS from Goldwyrm. Greed's makes it slower.

You can run Greed's if you want but it basically necessitates two Quicksilver flasks at the minimum.

"
How do you feel about leech in this build? Would it be worth grabbing the new attack leech nodes next to IR for some extra tank or is it overkill?

This build can't leech.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 28, 2015, 2:18:18 PM
I checked dps differences. Rapid Decay is better than empower +1 and I think it will be better as well from +2, but can't confirm it. As 6l maybe I would add slower projectiles instead of empower (+2 to gems different than CA won't change things much).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info