[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

notsur how to make it the bow be of a specific level. all I know is that the more affixies it has, the higher the level.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
"
Elhazzared wrote:
notsur how to make it the bow be of a specific level. all I know is that the more affixies it has, the higher the level.

I heard if You have e.g require only dex you have more chance roll green color. Is hard to roll blue and red(smoller quantity). If you have bow with dex, int and str you can esier roll blue, red and green. We need BBBGGR.
Base required level is different from required level as a result of affixes rolled.

You can use any ilvl 64+ thicket bow to craft from. The level requirement on my bow is a result of it being socketed with a level 21 PA gem.

The attribute requirements you see on my bow are a direct result of the same function: gem levels.

As you can see, fully socketed bow + the requirements as a result.

Versus the bow without gems:

As for affixes and how they impact an item's requirements: the amount of affixes on an item have no impact on the item's level requirement. They will not impact the attribute requirements of the item (only gems do that), but an item's level requirement is determined only by three things:

* The base type
* The highest tier (and type) of affix rolled on it
* The level requirement of any socketed gems (highest is trump).

As you can see, even though +2 bow gems is an ilvl 64 affix, it doesn't actually change the level requirement on the bow, and the ilvl requirement of the roll doesn't necessarily equate to the level requirement on the item.

A white prismatic ring, for example, has a base requirement of level 30.

But if you give it a 47 strength roll as such, even though that tier is ilvl 74 (range of 43-50), you can see that while the level requirement goes up to 59, it does not equate to the ilvl requirement of the affix.

It's the tier of affix that changes the level requirement, not the amount of affixes.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Oct 14, 2015, 6:23:33 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
Base required level is different from required level as a result of affixes rolled.

You can use any ilvl 64+ thicket bow to craft from. The level requirement on my bow is a result of it being socketed with a level 21 PA gem.

The attribute requirements you see on my bow are a direct result of the same function: gem levels.

As you can see, fully socketed bow + the requirements as a result.

Versus the bow without gems:

Hi, thx for explenation. I still teaching this game. :)
You're welcome =)
Is it possible to sustain 6L poison arrow without using mana flask/ rallying cry?
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Yes.
Hey, first I just wanted to say I'm loving this build so far.

I was curious what I should upgrade first? I've accumulated around 6exa of currency on the flashback so far and I'm not sure what I should upgrade or replace. I would like to start building into magic find, but I'm not sure if I should go 6link bow first, andvarius, or what I should do.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Character name is Kuvera btw.
Last edited by veridiux on Oct 15, 2015, 12:00:40 AM
"
veridiux wrote:

I was curious what I should upgrade first? I've accumulated around 6exa of currency on the flashback so far and I'm not sure what I should upgrade or replace.

Based on where you're at right now with gear, I'd say Andvarius for your right ring slot and a rare leather belt (tri res), then +3 bow, then last Andvarius.

Respec two projectile damage nodes into cloth and chain if you need to, if you go for Andvarius before the belt upgrade. Which is how I would do it, depending on res balance.

If you're struggling for res balance with dual andvarius rings, switch to a rare chest. You'll be fine without carcass seeing as your PA is 20%. It's kind of just a QoL thing, even though it is BiS, it's by far the least important item to have as far as an MF setup goes.

Also, buy an empower and start leveling it immediately. Replace Pierce gem with Empower the moment it's level 2 OR you get a +3 bow.

I'm also not seeing Clarity anywhere. You should definitely get that and Soul Siphon so you don't have to have any mana flasks at all.

And you'll not need as much intelligence as you have. You should only have 111 int to cover off the bow gem links, then keep everything else lower level (specifically, Vulnerability) to make gearing easier. Remember the only advantage to a higher level vuln for PA is greater AoE, since the % increased DoT taken from the curse doesn't scale at all with levels.

This will allow you to drop your amulet for one with resistances, life and IIR. If you can get a gold amulet with explicit IIR, that will allow you to get a helmet with slightly less IIR to make room for the +int roll there, which will still be a net increase in IIR for you.

I.e.

Current > New

Helm: 38% > 20% (-18)
Amulet: 0 > 20% implicit + 15% explicit (+35)

Net: 38% > 55% (+17%)

I think that about covers how I'd go about it if I were you. Let me know if you have any further questions, and sorry for the essay ^_^
Last edited by Serleth on Oct 15, 2015, 12:03:21 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
veridiux wrote:

I was curious what I should upgrade first? I've accumulated around 6exa of currency on the flashback so far and I'm not sure what I should upgrade or replace.

Based on where you're at right now with gear, I'd say Andvarius for your right ring slot and a rare leather belt (tri res), then +3 bow, then last Andvarius.

Respec two projectile damage nodes into cloth and chain if you need to, if you go for Andvarius before the belt upgrade. Which is how I would do it, depending on res balance.

If you're struggling for res balance with dual andvarius rings, switch to a rare chest. You'll be fine without carcass seeing as your PA is 20%. It's kind of just a QoL thing, even though it is BiS, it's by far the least important item to have as far as an MF setup goes.

Also, buy an empower and start leveling it immediately. Replace Pierce gem with Empower the moment it's level 2 OR you get a +3 bow.

I'm also not seeing Clarity anywhere. You should definitely get that and Soul Siphon so you don't have to have any mana flasks at all.

And you'll not need as much intelligence as you have. You should only have 111 int to cover off the bow gem links, then keep everything else lower level (specifically, Vulnerability) to make gearing easier. Remember the only advantage to a higher level vuln for PA is greater AoE, since the % increased DoT taken from the curse doesn't scale at all with levels.

This will allow you to drop your amulet for one with resistances, life and IIR. If you can get a gold amulet with explicit IIR, that will allow you to get a helmet with slightly less IIR to make room for the +int roll there, which will still be a net increase in IIR for you.

I.e.

Current > New

Helm: 38% > 20% (-18)
Amulet: 0 > 20% implicit + 15% explicit (+35)

Net: 38% > 55% (+17%)

I think that about covers how I'd go about it if I were you. Let me know if you have any further questions, and sorry for the essay ^_^

Hey Serleth, thanks for the help! I worked on my gear like you said. I ended up picking up both andvarius's because I got both of the ones I'm wearing now for 40c, couldn't really pass that up. I have capped my fire resist, the cold and lightning are sitting around 50.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info