[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Nice deals on the rings. Advantage of the Flashback league: dirt cheap prices.

You really do want to push for a leather belt (dat life), and you can probably upgrade your gloves to cold/lit variants, which would leave you (assuming you were exactly at 75% fire): 63/75/50

Then cloth and chain will put you at cap/cap/65 until you can comfortably switch into the last two jewel slots with proper res jewels + damage/life

You do have a prefix open on that cloth belt, in the meantime, to mastercraft life there.

But yeah, overall nice adjustments. Keep plugging away.

I consider the frenzy charges to be the last thing to get, as an MF'er. So don't be afraid to pull those out for jewel slots or cloth and chain.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Oct 15, 2015, 5:08:40 AM
"
Slimak1980 wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
Base required level is different from required level as a result of affixes rolled.

You can use any ilvl 64+ thicket bow to craft from. The level requirement on my bow is a result of it being socketed with a level 21 PA gem.

The attribute requirements you see on my bow are a direct result of the same function: gem levels.

As you can see, fully socketed bow + the requirements as a result.

Versus the bow without gems:

Hi, thx for explenation. I still teaching this game. :)

Hi. I have question about linking bow =6l.
You buy 6l bow, drop or self made? If this last how many used fusing? I'am yesterday try 6l, used 200 fusing and nothing. Check price for buying = expensive. Maybe there is some trick for fusing 6l.
Self crafted from scratch. Forget how many fusings it was, I scoured a bow I 6L'd a long time ago. Was probably about 700

20% quality roughly doubles your chance of getting a 5 or 6L though.
"
Serleth wrote:
Nice deals on the rings. Advantage of the Flashback league: dirt cheap prices.

You really do want to push for a leather belt (dat life), and you can probably upgrade your gloves to cold/lit variants, which would leave you (assuming you were exactly at 75% fire): 63/75/50

Then cloth and chain will put you at cap/cap/65 until you can comfortably switch into the last two jewel slots with proper res jewels + damage/life

You do have a prefix open on that cloth belt, in the meantime, to mastercraft life there.

But yeah, overall nice adjustments. Keep plugging away.

I consider the frenzy charges to be the last thing to get, as an MF'er. So don't be afraid to pull those out for jewel slots or cloth and chain.

Changed some more stuff based on your suggestions. I'm now sitting at 180mf, resist are 75/75/75, hp is 4100. I think I need to start trying for the bow now. Should I just find a white one and craft from scratch or buy a +3 and link it? Also, is there a specific bow type you would recommend?
Crafting one is generally cheaper. About 6 ex to craft the right mods, whatever necessay to get it to +3 without any other affixes. Buying one costs about 15K minimum (well at least for me since I need 2R2B2G). If you can get a cheap 6L for crafting with the right sockets then by all means craft it. If you need to colour it I suppose it will depend upon the colours needed.

As for a specific type. The only relevant type of bow is the marakesh type. The type that gives you movement as an implicit as there is no other implicit that you really care. Attack speed, criticals all of that stuff is completly unnecessary for this build so extra movement speed is a bout the only thing that has any impact at all.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Last edited by Elhazzared on Oct 15, 2015, 6:57:43 PM
"
veridiux wrote:
Changed some more stuff based on your suggestions. I'm now sitting at 180mf, resist are 75/75/75, hp is 4100. I think I need to start trying for the bow now. Should I just find a white one and craft from scratch or buy a +3 and link it? Also, is there a specific bow type you would recommend?

Depends really. Getting a +3 sooner increases your clear speed and thus currency generation but overall to satisfy res balance and free up nodes on the tree, it's better to craft one yourself with dual resistance.

As far as Elhazzared's suggestion for the Maraketh, that depends on your preference for slightly better attack speed (thicket/grove/short) or the movement speed (Maraketh). I'm personally fine quicksilvering my way through maps and don't find I need the extra movement speed, so I prefer to drop clouds faster, hence I went with Thicket.

Ultimately it comes down to whether you feel you can wait to get a self-crafted bow. Since the metamod crafting was revealed, +3 bow prices have gone down significantly. I would probably buy one that's already 5L'd and start working with that until I had the currency to craft my own from scratch.
The reason I sugested the maraketh is because I don't see attack speed beneficting this build in any way. You mostly need to drop a single shot and everything dies. Maybe one additional shot for the curse and that's about it so I don't see any use at all for attack speed. In either case they are marginal bonus anyways.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
I've had a few occasions where I've been stunned and surrounded by a shitload of bone rhoas and getting off that shot asap is the difference between surviving and dying.

Same can be said for the maraketh benefitting your natural reaction speed to manually dodge stuff. So, just a preference thing really. As long as you're not dropping below 1.4 aps imho you're fine.
Last edited by Serleth on Oct 15, 2015, 8:15:15 PM
but most of the build i saw that they are using rallying cry or mana flask
i've tried the bm keystone PA build it was good but not tanky enough without light coil

IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Last edited by bodohspam on Oct 15, 2015, 8:59:05 PM
I haven't seen what other builds are doing but between a level 12-15 clarity, soul siphon and mana flows, you don't need either mana flasks or rallying cry.

My guess is other builds are trying to run both grace and AA. /shrug Considering how much you move around with this build I really don't see why you would use AA.
Last edited by Serleth on Oct 15, 2015, 9:17:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info