[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

grrrrrrrrrrr
Last edited by XXchromosome on Aug 15, 2015, 1:45:07 PM
How high is the drop upgrade from going 5L -> 6L on a +3 bow?
Is it really worth spending that much currency on it?
Sorry if this was already answered.
"
PHxLoki wrote:
I've been loosely following this guide for about a half a week now, so far it's been pretty solid. I was going full damage for awhile but transitioned into MF because it was relatively easy to do so. I have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer.

1. I managed to grab the "essentials" thus far. Andvarius, Goldwyrm, +2 5L bow, IIR gloves.. I would like to start boosting dps again. Would a Drillneck or a +3 bow be better for this?

2. Was wondering why the jewel "Hidden Potential" wasn't used. Did you (OP) consider it? I'm using it so far and with 4 magic gear pieces I still have capped resists and 5k+ life. The damage boosts that it gives is significant. Just wanted some additional thoughts on it.

That's pretty much it. I feel like I'm forgetting one other question.. but no matter. Any thoughts on my questios are appreciated. Thanks for the guide OP!

1. +3 bow
2. Hidden Potential means loss of MF / res balance. With Andvarius rings, it's just not manageable.

"
if i level with PA and Tabula Rase which 5 gems could i use for leveling?
empower and iir are no option for leveling - what are the alternatives for more damage -> faster leveling?

Gem levels are single handedly the best thing you can do for damage. Nothing else compares. That's why we don't use tabula. But if you want to give it a shot: Slower Proj - Conc Effect - AoE - Iron Grip - Faster Proj

"
How high is the drop upgrade from going 5L -> 6L on a +3 bow?
Is it really worth spending that much currency on it?
Sorry if this was already answered.

If you plan on using the build for a long time, yes. The extra 50% or so rarity you get is the difference between getting Soul Taker, or Lit Coil, etc., *and* the difference between making 0.5ex per hour and 0.4ex per hour.

Translate that over 10 hours play time - 5ex earned vs 4ex earned just from raw currency. Now go 200 hours - 100ex earned versus 80ex earned.

The longer you use the build, the more impact having the IIR gem slotted in becomes. Usually every 10-20 or so hours I invest, I get one good drop worth at least 1ex. Without the IIR gem, the time range for that drop extends to more like every 15-30 hours.

Mileage may vary, but the purpose of MF builds is to go to a war of attrition against currency farming. And that means you're looking to stretch the benefits out over time, even small advantages matter.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 15, 2015, 1:19:44 PM
as long as you don't have a 6 link bow,you can still use a totem with iir en cull strike,for rares and bosses,white mobs die to fast for the totem to cull them atm
and bought today

so happy now,now can start to get a drillneck,dps is pretty good ow for maps,iir is fine 2,even without any andvarius atm,allready 217 on cull totem and 15iiq
Conc Effect doesn't effect tooltip dps?

But it is making the PA chaos damage stronger right.. even without changing tooltip dps?
Last edited by XXchromosome on Aug 15, 2015, 1:44:46 PM
"
XXchromosome wrote:
Conc Effect doesn't effect tooltip dps?

But it is making the PA chaos damage stronger right.. even without changing tooltip dps?

Yes.
In the 5L +2 bows setup is the 5th link IIR? Don't yet have access to Empower or a +1 to all gems bow.
IGN: Zahlan
"
Zahlan wrote:
In the 5L +2 bows setup is the 5th link IIR? Don't yet have access to Empower or a +1 to all gems bow.

Or Iron Grip, or Faster Proj.
Gems used in this build:

Portal

Empower
Enduring Cry **
Increased Duration
Rallying Cry **
Summon Flame Golem

Blood Rage
Chain
Frenzy
Grace
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Increased Accuracy *
Poison Arrow
Slower Projectiles

Clarity
Concentrated Effect
Curse On Hit
Faster Casting
Increased Area of Effect
Item Rarity
Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance *
Minion Life *
Vulnerability

* = Optional
** = RC vs EC is a playstyle preference choice depending on whether you feel like more defense, more offense, or alternately cycling through the warcries.

I forgot Item Rarity too :) Fixed.
Hey guys,

build works charms! Started doing maps in the low 70's right now, no prob at all.
I have 13% IIQ (Sadimas) and 132% IIR with a pretty nice ring I found (41 IIR, 36 fireres, 25 light res, 29 life).

Do I go for Goldwyrms from here or rather for the first Andvarius?

Gearing progression and FAQ do tell 2 different stories in the guide, so I'm confused with which order I'd get the most out of the build!

Cheers

P.S. found a BoR, but noone seems to be interested in that helm anymore. Quite sad, as I thought that would gimme the currency for Andvarius.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info