[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Gonna start playing this build I think, got a free Ranger respec.

And I have about 3-4 bows that need to be sold, with me using the best one.

"
Zedda wrote:
Anyone know how to find +3 bows on poe.trade? I've tried any number of combo's but nothing ever shows up.

In the interim, would a +2 legacy Silverbranch be as good as a high dps +2 rare bow?

If this is Standard I hook you up! :3

Just crafted an absolute BEAST Thicket too. Brb selling my soul for fusings...

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
shumi82 wrote:
bought a 20/20 pa gem today,now 3 more levels before i can use it,got a +2 bow atm,+3 bows are so expensive this league with the insane exalt to chaos ratio,but just started,gonna see where we end

btw,if i use frenzy gmps curse on hit,i always curse packs,so i keep up frenzy charges manualy,can i swap out blood rage,or why keep it then?

You can drop it if you want. I leave it there as an alternative since there's often long stretches of a map where you don't have to curse, so actually stopping to Frenzy COH slows the clear speed down. Keeping Blood rage up lets you just power through and curse whenever necessary.

@Gryphn re: Greed's Embrace & Goldwyrm

- Greed's is fine, I just don't include it because I find a huge portion of the player base absolutely despises going into the negative movespeed values. 10% goldwyrm, -20% greed's, -10% net = chilled ground all day long.
- They adjusted the drop rate of Goldwyrm. It's nowhere near as common now. It's a high T2 or low T1 unique drop.

"
Im in standard is it worth it to use IIQ gem? If so which gem should I replace?

If you have a 20/20 or 21/20 PA, and particularly if you have Carcass as well, drop the AoE gem for IIQ.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 13, 2015, 8:47:55 PM
Slowly gearing up. Here's where I am now:

I just crafted this up
(I know it's not +3, but +2 should work until I can build currency to buy a +3). So far the hardest part of any of this has been trying to get Leo to level 3 so that I can put a DOT mod on it. I know I could ask people, but I don't know anyone well enough on POE to trust them with a 6L bow :P.

To all you experts out there, what piece of gear should I upgrade next?
"
McQuacks wrote:
To all you experts out there, what piece of gear should I upgrade next?

Either a second Andvarius or a +3 bow.
Just out of curiosity, what exactly are the steps to alt a +3? Do you just alt until you get a +1 or +2 and then hope to get the the other with an augmentation orb?
"
McQuacks wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what exactly are the steps to alt a +3? Do you just alt until you get a +1 or +2 and then hope to get the the other with an augmentation orb?

Can't aug it, +2 bow gems and +1 all gems are both prefixes. You need to regal.

If you're going to go for it (which I don't recommend, it's expensive, check the FAQ for links to approximate math), alter/aug until you get +1 all gems, then regal.
Bad Luck
Spoiler

This is another episode about my Poison Arrow Scion, Fog, and her poor luck of late. Skip if not interested.
===============
"Misfortune. Ill luck. The Gods must truly hate me!," thought Fog.

It genuinely was a miserable week. First, that miscreant Vorici tracked Fog down not once, not twice, but three times! All in the span of a week - and each time Vorici demanded Fog's participation in one of his complex schemes.

Secondly, the "cloth bundle" Fog "kept" after finishing one of Vorici's tasks... well, when sold, it did not fetch nearly as much gold as Fog thought it would. It seems that potential buyers objected to a residual green stain on the merchandise.

But there was a bright side Fog's misfortune; truth to tell, one her greatest joys in life was to complain about her bad luck. And later that evening, Fog was holding a small dinner party in her apartments, having invited a few of her close friends: Zana, the mapmaker and Tora, the bowyer.

Tonight's dinner was going to be great!
===============
A few hours remained prior to Fog's party. Alone in her apartments, waiting for her guests to arrive, Fog thought to pass the time trying one of the magic rituals she'd heard about from Tora.

According to Tora, certain magical gems had the power to enhance a poison's potency; such a gem had to first undergo a ritualistic Vaal enchantment. But the Vaal were a capricious race and the ritual often failed, sometimes having no effect and at others utterly destroying the gem used.

"This is perfect," reasoned Fog. I'll perform Tora's ritual on my poison gem and then, when it's destroyed, I'll have yet another thing to complain about.

Fog withdrew her poison gem from the drawer in which it was kept, and placed it carefully on the table in front of her. Then, Fog uttered the words which would complete the Vaal incantation passing her hand back and forth over her poison gem while doing so. As the incantation ended, the gem began to glow with an eerie red hue.
Spoiler

And so it was that Fog's bad luck continued as she was unable to complain to her friends about how unlucky she had been during the week.
===========
Spoiler

This tale is based on truth :-). That Rat's Nest ("cloth bundle") which dropped for me yesterday didn't sell for as much as I had hoped - bad rolls.

But, I can't complain. The first 20/20 PA gem I Vaaled turned into a 21/20! Yes!!! (er, I mean, Damnit!)
Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 14, 2015, 4:43:24 AM
Confirmed: switching PoE religions to pray to the almighty FOGesus.
Hi Serleth

Before when I put-in IR gem. I have ring with 16%(on char screen) of rarity.
When I put to bow IR(lvl:12, 51%IR) I shuld have on char screen 67% but still have 16%.
You now why?

Edit:
I have question abot 7lvl of Master. If e.g I have master haku with 7lvl = He can remove craft mods. He can remove only crafted by him or another master too?
Last edited by Slimak1980 on Aug 14, 2015, 4:31:47 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
Confirmed: switching PoE religions to pray to the almighty FOGesus.

Ah, sorry you're not having much luck there.

But my bad luck is really terrible at times. To whit, I'm stashing up 1600 fuses to 6-link my bow using Vorici's workbench. I don't dare try linking it on my own as I'd likely end up dumping much more than 1600 fuses into the process.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info