[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Very good build serleth, one thing im pretty sure iron grip doesnt scale into the pa cloud its talked about a bit in libs scion pa build its down (as far as i know) to the wording of it being an attack and pa isnt doing attack damage.
Btw mcquacks if u want me to craft dot on your bow happy to am in standard mastercraft cost is 5alc. Ign Xaua at present
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 6, 2015, 4:31:08 AM
*BroDeal*

I got a 20/0 corrupted PA, 2 chaos brodeal fron Chronodroid afew days ago. I no longer have any need for this gem so PM me if anyone wants it for 2c.

*BroDeal*

[CLAIMED!!!]
Last edited by thelibertarian on Aug 6, 2015, 6:10:46 AM
"
Fhark wrote:
Very good build serleth, one thing im pretty sure iron grip doesnt scale into the pa cloud its talked about a bit in libs scion pa build its down (as far as i know) to the wording of it being an attack and pa isnt doing attack damage.
Btw mcquacks if u want me to craft dot on your bow happy to am in standard mastercraft cost is 5alc. Ign Xaua at present

Right, sorry, allow me to clarify. Brain farted. I'll go and edit the previous post to make sure there's no confusion:

So, the strength bonus and actual Iron Grip keystone effect of the gem doesn't apply.

But if you look at how the gem functions now, each level adds 2% projectile damage. NOT projectile attack damage, but just general projectile damage.

It's a 2.0 change that's not reflected in the wiki, so Iron Grip (THE GEM) functions for PA in those terms specifically.

The strength bonus thing doesn't though, that's an attack damage thing, which doesn't help us.

EDIT: I've gone ahead and left a note on Lib's thread so any followers of his setup can know that the Iron Grip gem has a place while levelling PA, pre-Drillneck / pre-Empower.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 6, 2015, 5:54:57 AM
Irony
Spoiler

===========
This post is about a recent experience of mine as a Poison Arrow Scion. Skip if not interested.
===========

Not so long ago I was working hard, running instances, and selling drops with the aim of buying a coveted +3 bow. I really wanted a bow with resistances on it since I was having trouble meeting the resist cap. But the price of those +3 bows with resists were sadly out of reach.

So I spent all that I had saved up and purchased this:
Spoiler

At the time of purchase it wasn't 6-socketed/5-linked, nor of course was it colored appropriately. Socketing/linking/coloring... well that took quite a lot of additional effort, but, all-in-all I'm satisfied with my bow.

And then, during this evening's farming session this dropped:
Spoiler

Just another of life's little ironies.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
If I didnt want to use IIR gear what stats would I want to focus on for improving damage? Improving PA just doesnt seem as obvious to me as a caster build where u just get spell damage on your rings and amulet then grab a Doryani belt. What would I want to look for when buying gear?

There isn't much really. Drillneck and Carcass are the only two I can think of immediately that allow you to scale PA damage.

I'm not feeling well today so my brain might be missing something.

U can go le huep rings
Last edited by m0tY on Aug 6, 2015, 5:50:13 AM
Ah thanks for clearing that up seems useful then perhaps while empower levels.
"
m0tY wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
If I didnt want to use IIR gear what stats would I want to focus on for improving damage? Improving PA just doesnt seem as obvious to me as a caster build where u just get spell damage on your rings and amulet then grab a Doryani belt. What would I want to look for when buying gear?

There isn't much really. Drillneck and Carcass are the only two I can think of immediately that allow you to scale PA damage.

I'm not feeling well today so my brain might be missing something.

U can go le huep rings

Technically, yes, but it's a minimal damage improvement at the cost of a major hit to IIR, or life/res while levelling. Not to discredit your contribution or anything, sir. I forgot about it, and if you're looking to scale damage first while levelling, rather than survivability, and still maintaining some decent IIR with resistance, it's a solid choice still.

@hankinsohl:

Hah. Yeah, that happened to me, too.

On the plus side, you either just made 7ex, or you can craft that one up to 5L + Leo DoT and get easier res balance out of, then sell your old +3 bow. Either way, you're ahead of the game. Grats =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 6, 2015, 5:56:20 AM
Hey Serleth,

just hit 25 on my TS ranger following neversinks guide, but I see the probs of maybe having troubles acquiring good gear, as I'm just starting this league.

Would you recommend switching to your PA build to accumulate wealth? I would have to respec about 10 points so far, or roll a new ranger.

On the long run, I really want to play the TS ranger, as I like screen shaking ;)

Do you think the 200 IIR are worth the extra time investment (respec investment), given that on my TS ranger I will prolly have almost 0 IIR.

I just wanna accumulate wealth to buy the stuff I need for a decently working crit build.

Cheers
ok maybe im being a total n00b but how do you build frenzy charges?
IGN: DabrixRN
Thank you Serleth for your build !

Spoiler

I could afford all of this with your build except the belt/chest (self found)
Next step is Carcass Jack or a 6L Bow, I have no idea which one to choose for my next part. My cloud can goes up to 28K with Frenzy/Rallying cry up. I don't play anymore with Blood rage and Vulnerabilty. Everything is covered with my 5L Chest
I was very lucky with my PA Gem, first try => 21/0 and next try 21/20

Cheers, for answering so many questions when 80% of the answers are in your guide or somewhere in your thread

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info