[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
ukab wrote:
had my luckiest trade ever today and have my 16/50 goldwyrm now. :) it's my first big unique.
have a +2 5L bow, rest of my items are rare combining resisticanes, IIR and life. also running pendarius blazon belt, but don't know if that is even good.

have 162/24 with the item rarity gem.

what big unique should i go for next? andvarius? or maybe aurseize?

162 still seems low. Im running like 215 on my Cyclone Marauder without Andarvius Rings or any IIR/IIQ on my Boots or Gloves. You should be able to easily pull it up without shelling Exalts for expensive Uniques. Heres my Marauder's MF gear and it was only like 4-5c per piece. Also he does lvl 75-79 maps so so long as they dont have phys reflect or lightning damage so I didnt even gimp him.

Spoiler
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 5, 2015, 4:57:47 PM
thanks for the answers, yeah i should probably get better rares before i buy an andvarius.
If you cant afford a Drillneck what stats should I aim for? Im guessing 10% pierce quiver with 75+ Life and 75+ resists?

Also how is this thing 120 pages after only like 2 months lol.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 5, 2015, 11:56:04 PM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
If you cant afford a Drillneck what stats should I aim for? Im guessing 10% pierce quiver with 75+ Life and 75+ resists?

Also how is this thing 120 pages after only like 2 months lol.

Quiver base doesn't even matter. Pierce is probably the best but having only 10% pierce chance isn't going to do much anyway, focus on getting the best life/res you can.

Re: 120+ pages: lots of questions, lots of answers. =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I like the idea of this build, but one thing I'm curious about; Why put a point in Master of Arena?
"
Krobelux wrote:
I like the idea of this build, but one thing I'm curious about; Why put a point in Master of Arena?

To combat Blood Rage degen.

It's an unnecessary node if you plan on sustaining Frenzy charges manually.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Krobelux wrote:

To combat Blood Rage degen.

It's an unnecessary node if you plan on sustaining Frenzy charges manually.

Ah I see. Thanks for the quick reply.
"
Serleth wrote:
There isn't much really. Drillneck and Carcass are the only two I can think of immediately that allow you to scale PA damage.

Cherrubim's Maleficence (CM) will increase chaos damage by up to 20%.
Spoiler

Since CM lacks Carcass Jack's increased area of effect, it's a second choice for damage increasing chest pieces for me; also, we already have so many "increased" damage modifiers that adding another 20% to the increase results in a rather small actual DPS gain. On the other hand, CM is much less expensive than Carcass and so may be of use for players saving up for better gear.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 6, 2015, 2:23:08 AM
What would you recommend as the next piece of gear to upgrade? I'm following the build the best I can, but my PA is only doing 4k damage. I'm farming lvl 68/69 maps, but hardly getting anything of currency. I have a feeling a 5ex drillneck is a bit out of my price range.

"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
There isn't much really. Drillneck and Carcass are the only two I can think of immediately that allow you to scale PA damage.

Cherrubim's Maleficence (CM) will increase chaos damage by up to 20%.
Spoiler

Since CM lacks Carcass Jack's increased area of effect, it's a second choice for damage increasing chest pieces for me; also, we already have so many "increased" damage modifiers that adding another 20% to the increase results in a rather small actual DPS gain. On the other hand, CM is much less expensive than Carcass and so may be of use for players saving up for better gear.

Yeah I ended up thinking of this later. I think the lack of any other beneficial modifiers (for this build) than life though make it subpar compared to even a high evasion rare chest with resistances.

"
McQuacks wrote:
What would you recommend as the next piece of gear to upgrade? I'm following the build the best I can, but my PA is only doing 4k damage. I'm farming lvl 68/69 maps, but hardly getting anything of currency. I have a feeling a 5ex drillneck is a bit out of my price range.

Spoiler

First thing: sell that Rat's Nest, unless you're saving it for another build. You don't need it at all for this build. The rarity and high evasion's the only thing beneficial you're getting, but you can get a decent helmet for a few chaos with life, good eva, and 20%+ rarity.

Use Iron Grip instead of Increased Duration. That will give you some extra projectile damage based on gem level and how much strength you have and help your clear speed.

Next, switch your amulet for one with better life and explicit IIR. That'll help with some currency. And do the same for your other ring: get a gold ring with explicit IIR. Don't spend more than 10 chaos for either of those items.

Standard is flooded with Goldwyrms, you should be able to get one for, max, 10 chaos. I see a lot for 1-5 alc still.

With the numbers you have for IIR from what I can see (around 160-170ish?) you should be pulling in something like 30-40 alts per hour, ish, at the very minimum. I'm guessing it's more like 80 alts per hour. Let's average it to 60. That means every 5.86 hours at that pace, you'll be making an exalt worth of alterations at roughly 350 alts : 1ex standard ratio. My exchange rates might be a bit out of date, but that means in 24 hours of play time, off alterations alone, you'll have a Drillneck.

Although to be honest I'd go in exactly this order:

* Goldwyrm
* New rare helmet
* Amulet upgrade
* Ring upgrade
* Second andvarius
* Change Aurseize to rare gloves with rarity / life / res
* +3 bow
* Drillneck
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 6, 2015, 2:55:12 AM

Report Forum Post