Weekend Stash Tab Bundle Sales!

"
Silanah wrote:
It took them 2 years to fix that (desync) (props for finally fixing it, though).

it's fixed for players with low latency only. but even this is a amazing step most other online games who always detested server authority over gameplay will envy them.

"
Silanah wrote:
The trading outside of poe.trade is still just as shitty

i personally think that a market with players offering their requests for gear would be a superiour solution. i suggested a buyer orientated market which doesn't put downward pressure on common items. haven't got many fans yet cause current real life markets are supply side orientated as well and chris has learnt economics this way ;)
"
Silanah wrote:
The new content released over the 15 months since I last played is... not that much.

the company grows with the money rolling in which is a problem because they have to build on trust to deliver on players to support rather than borrowing money first increase in size, deliver and (hopefully) cashing in afterwards.
company grew from some 20-30 players to around 60 now nevertheless, a sign many think they will deliver.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
1) Yeah, you have a point about it being fixed for low latency players only. I can't wait to see how it performs when I go home (currently in the Netherlands so very close to server). Still, it feels amazing for the moment.

2) I read your trading suggestion. Honestly, I don't like it. On the one hand, at first glance it would put a huge effort requirement to sell your items, which will discourage even more people from trading than the current system, which is bad. On the other, it could potentially limit flippers. I don't think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. This is a game about killing monsters and getting loot, trading should be a support activity, not one of the main focuses of the game (IMO). When I have more time I think I will spend a bit of time thinking on the problem and proposing a solution as I see it. I have a few largely unformed ideas but I want to take the time to properly analyze and describe them before putting them out there.

3) Like I said, I think they lost momentum. When the money is coming in, you make content, and then you get more money because of that content, it is great. When it slows down, though, you face a problem. Do you slow growth/downsize to reduce costs while keeping with the same model? That usually means less content, which means less money, just perpetuating the problem (but slowing it down). Or do you try another approach, get more money, whether through crowdfunding again or through loans or anything else, and then try to make that money back after putting up some content? Or do you change your business model? These are all difficult decisions for a company to make and each has its consequences. 2.0 gives me hope that GGG are trying to claw back. The new content seems very cool and a lot of improvements are tried and tested. I do hope they deliver but I also hope they learn from their mistakes even if 2.0 is successful because otherwise they would simply repeat thh cycle.
"
geradon wrote:
"
Silanah wrote:
It took them 2 years to fix that (desync) (props for finally fixing it, though).

it's fixed for players with low latency only. but even this is a amazing step most other online games who always detested server authority over gameplay will envy them.

"
Silanah wrote:
The trading outside of poe.trade is still just as shitty

i personally think that a market with players offering their requests for gear would be a superiour solution. i suggested a buyer orientated market which doesn't put downward pressure on common items. haven't got many fans yet cause current real life markets are supply side orientated as well and chris has learnt economics this way ;)
"
Silanah wrote:
The new content released over the 15 months since I last played is... not that much.

the company grows with the money rolling in which is a problem because they have to build on trust to deliver on players to support rather than borrowing money first increase in size, deliver and (hopefully) cashing in afterwards.
company grew from some 20-30 players to around 60 now nevertheless, a sign many think they will deliver.

I have been running both lockstep and regular syncing,let me tell you - the regular predictive synchronization (which i use when servers act up e/g right after cb patch during peak hours) has seen huge improvements,it's much better than the one on live.
The problem with lockstep atm is tho that unless you live right next to the host server,you will experience MS spikes which will result in FPS spikes from time to time,but hopefully that's cause it's beta servers.

As for the rest:

1.I personally don't have a clue why lockstep was not here from the getgo,as a game dev who has it's own YT channel,i'd be ashamed to show any videos with the syncing issues the game has had up till now.

2.Trading and/or bartering is one of the unique aspects of PoE,don't like it? find another game.

3.This game which is an ARPG has seen more content updates in past 15 months than some of the largest MMOs out there put together in past several years.
There is no need to oversaturate a game with content,it eventually gets confusing and can start to kill off the fun of building your character. There are already people complaining that A4 is too long,that the questing is just another cockblock before the inevitable 24/7 map grind. I like it tho,but that's just me.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:

1.I personally don't have a clue why lockstep was not here from the getgo,as a game dev who has it's own YT channel,i'd be ashamed to show any videos with the syncing issues the game has had up till now

Me neither. I thought it was unacceptable back then (and it was the largest factor by far making me quit after not so long), I think it is unacceptable now. At least soon it should no longer by a problem for a large part of the player base. I think it is funny how many people, the developers included, said it would never be fixed and it was here to stay but when enough people whined and quit, suddenly we have lockstep. Let that be a lesson to the people spewing bullshit like "stop whining idiot it will never be fixed" and blindly defending GGG no matter what they do.

"
Daiena wrote:

2.Trading and/or bartering is one of the unique aspects of PoE,don't like it? find another game.

Trading and bartering is hardly unique to PoE. Actually, neither is the horrible in-game system. Without poe.trade the game would probably be dead. Trade has a place in an aRPG. It should not be such a time consuming activity. Trade is difficult and has significant barriers to entry for new players. The only thing making it bearable are the great 3rd party solutions provided by awesome people. GGG has nothing, absolutely nothing to be proud of in that regard. I don't want to remove trade, I want to make it easy, intuitive, and accessible (preferably while limiting flippers and bots)! [/quote]

"
Daiena wrote:

3.This game which is an ARPG has seen more content updates in past 15 months than some of the largest MMOs out there put together in past several years.
There is no need to oversaturate a game with content,it eventually gets confusing and can start to kill off the fun of building your character. There are already people complaining that A4 is too long,that the questing is just another cockblock before the inevitable 24/7 map grind. I like it tho,but that's just me.

I am not that well informed about the matter, to be honest. To me, the game feels almost the same after 15 months have passed. Some numbers have been increased (lol at million+ DPS), some have been decreased (IIQ). The masters are nice, truly. The new stuff in the Beta feel great, I have to admit.

As for people thinking questing is cockblocking - well, I can't speak for them, only myself. I want interesting things to do. New content is nice - new items to see, new quests, new zones, etc. Anything to break the tedium.
I have 42 Premium Tabs, the fact that this page made it to 5 pages and has devolved into a bunch of me vs you comments is just stupendous.

/sarcasm off
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Spending the weekend grading final exams... thanks for asking.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Spending the weekend grading final exams... thanks for asking.

/backpat - Sorry Shags, hate when RL gets in the way of PoE ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info