Skill rework: Tempest Shield

My most anticipated skill-gem revamp since... forever. Cheers Rory :)
"
Rory wrote:
Tempest Shield was intended to enable a defensive shield-using spellcaster build, but supporting it with most damage increasing support gems increased the reservation cost. This made investment in the skill too expensive.

Does anyone else find this in combination with the Reduced Mana change really, really funny?

Quote 1: "Reduced Mana is linked to every reservation skill! It's too mandatory, it has to go!"

Quote 2: "It's a stupid idea to support any reservation gem with anything that increases the cost, because it's never worth it! Better make some reservation skills buffs so all the supports aren't utterly useless!"

Or maybe it's time to give us some meaningful choice in how we support our reservations. Even an entirely new class of reservation support gems, or let (for example) added lightning support wrath.

For a game so flush with skill set customization options, the utter lack of anything to support reservations after all this time is just baffling and frustrating.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Jun 12, 2015, 12:06:26 PM
Will this new buff form of Tempest Shield allow it to effect minions if we have the necromantic aegis passive?
Great change, as a heavy blocker I really like it. The refresh on block is pretty awesome, hopefully the skill duration will be around 10 seconds to allow us to go from pack to pack.
Looking forward to trying out the changes.
In regards to people posting their opinion of having the graphics redone... mine is that the graphics are just fine, but the rather loud and very repetitive sound of the skill does annoy me.
It still has the +4% block chance ?

(This is all that matters for me from this skill anyways.)
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Jun 13, 2015, 1:15:36 PM
"
It still has the +4% block chance ?

(This is all that matters for me from this skill anyways.)

Would be surprised if it was gone, it's like removing armor from molten shell. But they may scale it througt level (starting a 1 or 2% than going to 4% or higher while leveling it).
"Tempest Shield was intended to enable a defensive shield-using spellcaster build"

References cast on melee kill with it rofl
I can already see myself running Block build with reactive abilities + Tempest Shield :))
I like the change but can GGG make 3 elemental version of it? The general spell damage is kinda nice to have, but it does look a lot like lighting spell.

I am have fire witch, I wanted it to cast fire damage & the graphic effect look like fire. Something diff, so if I happen to build 3 diff witch, I have 3 types of graphic effects & 3 types of dmg differently. It give some variety than just having 1 single type.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info