Skill rework: Tempest Shield

I dont find the skill garbage even though I think it's kind of stingy to have lowered the additionnal block chance but so be it.

Now, as I already posted on the skill gem feedback forum, please make it such that we dont have to constantly refresh the skill. It should be activated once and for all like a herald gem and would then proc when there is a successful block. It's a pain in the backside to have to manually cast it all the time.

Still, this is really a much better skill now than in 1.3
unless there are some uniques I am not aware of, TS doesn’t really enable a defensive caster build – it’s not feasible to make a caster build around block (due to the investment that block requires), while block characters are very poor casters… I was really looking forward to make something interesting build caster with high block chance but it looks like tempest shield is only good for on-hit effects and cheap +3% to block buff. Sort of disappointing tbh.
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
"
piotras wrote:
unless there are some uniques I am not aware of, TS doesn’t really enable a defensive caster build – it’s not feasible to make a caster build around block (due to the investment that block requires), while block characters are very poor casters… I was really looking forward to make something interesting build caster with high block chance but it looks like tempest shield is only good for on-hit effects and cheap +3% to block buff. Sort of disappointing tbh.

Look up my "Thunbornee" character. It think this is exactly what you are talking about.

Doon helps a lot in getting all that spell power needed to do some damage. My armor still can improve A LOT, yet I'm able to stand in the middle of the huge mobs of monsters and live. Armor goes up to 28k with granite up.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Aug 10, 2015, 2:44:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info