Skill rework: Tempest Shield

"
Commoble wrote:
"
Please tell me you are overhauling its active graphical effect also. The current one is awful.

I like the current one. >_>

The glowy shield, I mean.

Yeah nothing wrong with it imo, but I would like the new buff to make a cool arc sound when it triggers to distinguish it from normal arc
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I dislike the idea of it becoming a buff instead of a reservation. It makes it seem mandatory for everyone using shields to put on their character unless it has some type of drawback. I'm not saying it doesn't need a buff, it definitely does but I would like to see a power increase centered around the current implementation. I think it is more appropriate to split the skill into two new skills. The first skill would be more defensive oriented and keep the reservation (and name), lose the lightning thorns damage entirely and provide the current %increase to block and something like reduced lightning damage taken or other nice defensive boost. The second skill I think should be a buff let's just call it lightning thorns. Lightning thorns would have no increase to block% it would be focused entirely on dealing thorns damage and would play nice with supports to increase the damage/aoe/utility.

How "short" a CD?
I can't wait for this change - this sounds great!

I am especially eager for it to work with CWDT - as part of a good reactive block-based melee char.

I have been using Riposte, and enjoying taking the block wheel by the duelist (thanks for buffing it slightly last patch.)

The dynamic of punishing enemies for hitting me (in a melee build) brings an interesting new aspect to melee - and makes what used to be repetitive 1-button gameplay much more interesting.
Fantastic changes. It's great to see you guys giving attention to underused skills. I'm so excited for the final 2.0...it's going to be a new game.
Omg so nice!! Thanks GGG for taking time to improve upon things. <3
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
I have to say, those are some god damn perfect changes!

Really good job on this. I can't even think of anything else to further improve this change! :D
Cool changes.

I really want to know how long the "very short cooldown" is.

10ms, 100ms, 500ms?
If I remember correctly I got 73% Block and 37% Spell Block at the moment in beta, I'm not really sure if I can keep Tempest Shield buff all the time, even with this. It doesn't seem to be proccin that much.

What will be the duration? And I think it's gonna deactivate while switching zones?

I like the general "refreshes on Block" idea though, pretty cool. Sounds like Blood Rage combined with Tempest Shield ;)
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
I am going to abuse the new tempest shield

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info