any character animations you think should be improved?

I haven't checked on it in a few months, but I remember my dual-wield claw witch's reave attack animation being hilariously bad... like a drunk girl trying to dance or something. The start of the reave wave didn't even sync-up with her punches, IIRC.
shadow place totem kinda, he leans back...
also whould be cool if the shadow when holding 2h swords was like this --> http://www.thearma.org/essays/newstancepics/TRrs.jpg

dualist leap slam sword :/ <-- i asked my friend and he agreed, it's sutch an "normal" build for a duelist, and it looks so wierd with the ballerina spinning, pretty sure it could be made cooler

Maruder when he cast spells looks like a big panda bear :( cool if it was almost a punch animation? well, just take a look :D

also templar got no pants so i want there be something flopping around there when running
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
Last edited by Nivius on Jun 6, 2015, 11:21:52 AM
Templar with Glacial Hammer. It might be the skill itself it looks so awkward and has no impact to it.
My girlfriend pointed out that Exiles run like they have a stick up their butt at higher speeds. Perhaps a "sprint" animation over a certain speed, or reducing the animation speed at higher speeds so it seems like they cover more ground per stride, rather than shuffling their feet very quickly?
Please look over the Templar, I can't stand playing him cuz his walk animation just looks horribly off. Not only that but some armor mtxs look terrible on him as well.
This is probably asking too much but I'll throw it out there. Now that we have characters that can attack so quickly, perhaps, a different animation once you reach a certain attack speed, or some sort of mix of attack animations.

•Casters - If APS > 3 then Animation 2 else Animation 1
•Animation 1 can be the current Animation
•Animation 2 could be more of a static animation like its more of a channel, since it is pretty much a channel at that attack speed anyway.

•Melee - If APS > 3 then Swing1=Animation1 Swing2=Animation2 Swing3=Animation3, Else Animation 4
•Animation 4 in this case would be the current
•Animation 1,2,3, would be a more fluent series of attacks such as Swing1 - a normal swing, Swing2 - a back swing and then Swing3 - an overhead strike.
Definitely something wrong with the wrist, but I'd go for changing the entire arm to be honest. There's just something "off" about the entire arm.

My opinion only, feel free to disagree.
Last edited by Josephoenix on Jun 17, 2015, 9:21:38 AM
I think the basic running animations could use some change. There's nothing wrong with them, but one of the things I think of most when I think about this game is watching my little character run around kind of hunch shouldered. It would be neat to get a smoother, sexier run going.

**edit- or better, give us multiple seamless animation sets for various types of runs through various terrains etc, during dark, during day, whatever. One of the most noticeable things about the progression of TES games is how the PC handles running over rough terrain. Morrowind is like a mannequin being dragged along, Skyrim is almost perfect. Small thing, but it makes a gigantic difference. I'm not saying full terrain mapping or whatever a modeller would call it, just a variety of run animations to keep the little PC running around an interesting thing to look at.
for every king a coward, for every crown a cudgel
Last edited by PEAccount on Jul 6, 2015, 7:08:41 PM
When standing still, the shadow keeps daggers paralel to his body, but when running, they are at a 30ish % angle.

It has bugged me for a while now...
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
I think the templar needs a look at. You're the animator, so any changes you think would be good, is probably good :)

The shadow's cast animation when using skills like lightning warp, cold snap, curses etc. is a bit boring (the one where he just tilts his head backwards).
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
When standing still, the shadow keeps daggers paralel to his body, but when running, they are at a 30ish % angle.

It has bugged me for a while now...

also this.

"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
Last edited by Sinzeek on Jul 18, 2015, 2:17:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info