[2.2] Ice Crash: Size does Matter (including leveling guide video)

You did awesome work with this build explaining all the details.

I'm going to go back to PoE with 2.0 release and I think I already like Ice Crash. I will most probably do something very similar (if not identical).

See you on release !

PS : What do you think of this gem set up ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fnm9kvXTjg (tree is similar)
Last edited by Miriemos on Jul 4, 2015, 8:02:38 AM
"
Miriemos wrote:
You did awesome work with this build explaining all the details.

I'm going to go back to PoE with 2.0 release and I think I already like Ice Crash. I will most probably do something very similar (if not identical).

See you on release !

Cheers,

going to start abit late, hitting the beach for a couple weeks on launch day, so that's a bummer. But I can't really complain. I'll try to be active on the forum for any questions, but I won't play the game on launch day.

"
Miriemos wrote:

PS : What do you think of this gem set up ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fnm9kvXTjg (tree is similar)

Ice crash - WED - Melee phys - added fire
Kipp can't go wrong with that setup, he has no 5L.
cwdt-bloodrage
No need to link it like that, start of a map you cast it, and it runs the course.
leapslam - endurance charge on melee stun - fortify - faster attacks
That's solid, dreamsetup for me is adding blood magic.
Vengeance - stun - endurance charge on stun
I link vengeance last, together with a golem in my remaining sockets. so I usually can't link it to a non life leech gem. Concept is good.

The lower side of kripp's marauder tree is interesting, if you forgo the option to be able to take 30 int/dex, with the same amount of skill points you can get endurance charge life regen instead of duration.

This game is rather big, read/beg/steal all the information you can find, use what you like and make it your own. That's my approach and it treated me well. End game the lockdown with this build: big AoE and Stun is awesome, but the price you pay is less dmg & inflexibility on the tree.
@Minstrelshadrak
Thank you man for your feedback on Kripp's setup, that's awesome !
I love the sheer aoe of this build. its like a 360 ground slam..

what is the base radius of this skill? I know ground slams is 35 ( at 90 deg cone)

Though I do not quite get your tradeoff at 80% increase in radius... have to go over the math again.

Still makes me want to build this for the new league.

my choice was this vs RF.

Are there any changes to ground slam skill in 2.0?

Are there any other cool mass aoe melee skills like this ice crash.

Domine Non Es Dignus
so... they nerfed blood rage, now it gives only 5% attack speed and lv1 and 25% chance do gain Frenzy Charge on Kill

Would you still go for frenzy charge on merciless (bandit) and pick up franzy nodes on tree?
Apparently they plan on nerfing flame totems soon, so I had to look for another build.

I really want to do this build when the expansions is live but I just have one problem like it. It seems like it will be too easy to die with this build! I'll be playing on Hardcore so it's even scarier. Until then I will continue to read up on this build and test it out before 7/10/15.
Everyones talking about how OP Ice Crash is... Yeah every build is OP when you play in standard lol.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Isnt Marohi Erqi a fine weapon for this build? dps is not bad and a free inc AoE is cool too (well its less than a 20/20, but provided maximizing the aoe is not one's highest priority this should do too)
ign DivineRapierMedusa
Last edited by eckart on Jul 7, 2015, 4:20:16 PM
"
eckart wrote:
Isnt Marohi Erqi a fine weapon for this build? dps is not bad and a free inc AoE is cool too (well its less than a 20/20, but provided maximizing the aoe is not one's highest priority this should do too)

Marohi is always good.
Domine Non Es Dignus
@Minstrelshadrak
are you making any further changes to the skill tree?
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Jul 7, 2015, 8:14:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info