Divination Card Update

Can't have more than one type of item on a card.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Divination Cards are interesting idea.
While I generally agree that in their current state they don't add much to the game, I don't think they will hurt the game either.

Hopefully they will have some other functionality in the future, other than loot:

- Make item fully socketed
- Make all sockets blue/green/red
- Increase item level by 1
- +XXX armor/evasion/ES/damage for XX minutes (applied in appropriate items)

just random ideas.
"
"
Tyoll wrote:
Your assuming that everyone who makes these cards is going to be trading. Having cards for low value items allows people to deterministically farm for a particular item without having to trade. So if they need a life sprig they can farm for one rather than hope for a lucky drop.

The same can be said for chaos divination cards. You could specifically farm for chaos orbs for crafting purposes.

Personally I'm not sure why someone might want to do this, but they paid the money so they get to make the card.

Additionally there are a number of issues with card numbers and rarity balance on these cards that still need to be addressed So saying "I need to get "X" cards to get "X" item, why bother?" is a but premature since we don't know the specifics yet

Hope that clarifies things a little bit

But there's already a chaos orb recipe.

Hence the "Personally I'm not sure why someone might want to do this"
"
Ghilliesniper wrote:
2 out of three cards are good. but really why put a crappy unique like lifesprig in there? whoever thought of that needs to have theyr head examined

Don't like it? Buy Highgate supporter pack yourself then :D
3.14 - Removed Harvest from the game.
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
@GGG Please make Divination Cards "orb icon" have its correspondent image or something like maps different designs, because it will be a complete chaos/mess to find a specific card in the middle of hundreds of cards in stash.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/APfWeDp.jpg?1

That's why there's a stash tab search
"
AltairLT wrote:
"
Ghilliesniper wrote:
2 out of three cards are good. but really why put a crappy unique like lifesprig in there? whoever thought of that needs to have theyr head examined

Don't like it? Buy Highgate supporter pack yourself then :D

Good thing Chris said in a reddit post that there's about 2x more highgate supporters than the 75 OP had listed.

Among the ~150 highgate supporters, I'm sure there's a few who will make cards to appeal to the more ungrateful players.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
I dont even know what im seeing here.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
"
Vaydra wrote:
Chris any chance there will be a card album UI or second loot tab (only for cards) ? :)

CARD ALBUM, YES PLEASE! :o
It would be awesome to have an achievement-style album, just to browse through the artwork and see the flavour text... perhaps make the cards unlock in the album only when you first drop them, or when you first collect a pack. :)

Besides that I think the cards look great and I'm very much looking forward to seeing new ones. To everyone saying that some of them are trash - that also means they'll probably have to drop more often, meaning the given supporter's "work" will be seen more in the game. :D

I agree with the album collecting the cards. It should consume one of the cards to be placed in the album and once the album is complete, something happens. Achievement unlock perhaps or eating the completed album to get an alt art unique maybe?

I like the cards we've seen so far. Keep them coming.
gentlemen please we all know the real reason for this is so we can play magic the gathering with our trade screens
God job!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info