Shock Nova Revamped - Teaser Video!

props to the fearless heroine who put herself in unbelievable danger to prove the new shock nova has no dead zone near the player.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
can't wait to try this out , good job GGG
Now what are we gonna make fun of as the go-to example of a bad skill?!
watch this in speed of 0,25.
excited for the change :)
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

After the shotgun removal, its probably gonna be fireball, unless it receives a lot of buffs.

Firestorm could also fit this role, as its gonna be nothing more than a poor mans whispering ice.(quality on it has been made almost useless).
We will see, maybe they greatly increase the area of effect of the fireballs, or reduce the cast time.

Even then, we still got the single target melee attacks.
Last edited by Brolf on May 27, 2015, 4:18:30 AM
"
Brolf wrote:
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

After the shotgun removal, its probably gonna be fireball, unless it receives a lot of buffs.

Firestorm could also fit this role, as its gonna be nothing more than a poor mans whispering ice.(quality on it has been made almost useless).
We will see, maybe they greatly increase the area of effect of the fireballs, or reduce the cast time.

Even then, we still got the single target melee attacks.

Single target skills can still supported by melee splash. But aiming still sucks with those.

Firestorm maybe just need burning ground as buff. There are already some monsters that have burning ground when they cast firestorm. So why not add it to the skill in generall? But at least then it would be an alternative to icestorm. At the moment ice storm can have everything that firestorm has, even fire damage with cold to fire and avatar of fire, but it also always have chilled ground which is really nice combined with Hypothermia.

I think fireball can be quit good with fork, chain or sire of shard. And it still is a fast range spell with 100% damage effectivness. (unike fire/icestorm with only 20 %)
Last edited by griffinzero on May 27, 2015, 4:31:17 AM
I like new mechanic with no blind zone. The ring will deal more damage and shock enemies which is good reason to learn better positioning. Besides we've got lockstep mode... Good job guys!

In my opinion new visual effect looks uglier than older version. I am not fan of these hairy lightnings.
I'm not convinced it will be fun to use, sounds like the deadzone is still there since you deal less damage at the centre of the nova. I've never understood the reasoning behind the deadzone, it just makes the skill frustrating to use :/
"
Fonclbrich wrote:
I'm not convinced it will be fun to use, sounds like the deadzone is still there since you deal less damage at the centre of the nova. I've never understood the reasoning behind the deadzone, it just makes the skill frustrating to use :/

What deadzone are you talking about? In the center skill does 100% damage, and a little further 150%....you get a chance to do extra 50% more damage without losing anything.
Behold the electric doughnut of death :) Will be interesting to try this out with the Three Dragons helm!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info