Divination Card Submission Process is Live!

"
NeverSink wrote:

4) Improvements for self-found

The jury is still out on this... there's no way they could make these sets available to self-found play and not have the items common as dirt in the trade pool. We'll see which way they go.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:

4) Improvements for self-found

The jury is still out on this... there's no way they could make these sets available to self-found play and not have the items common as dirt in the trade pool. We'll see which way they go.

Yeah I understand what you mean, balancing this will be tricky, but it all depends on the item.

I believe you'll have to farm weeks, maybe even months to create a self-found shavronnes, however one is NOT intended to create it easily, so it'll be only for the most dedicated of players.

However, if the item is something like a RotP maybe you need to farm 15 fragments for it and have a avg. droprate of 1 fragment/hour. 15 hours of farm won't make the item dirt cheap, but it'll open up options to players, grindy ones of course, but that depends on the player.

"
all i read here is give me the money! GGG becomes Blizzard now?!

Go back to your room and think about what you've said o_o.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on May 26, 2015, 8:30:31 AM
"
Gangbangsusi wrote:
all i read here is give me the money! GGG becomes Blizzard now?!

Yeah, GGG should give free money to players instead. What did they think, we play their free game so they use our time for free?
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
"
perafelix wrote:
Divination cards........now to get a unique item you have to farm and hope that it drops. With these cards you still have to farm and hope that they drop, so the difference is.........????

From the Divination card Page

"Each card type drops in specific areas of Wraeclast, so careful choice of where to play allows you to maximise your chances of obtaining the desired item"

The issue at the moment is that you can run 1000 Dom runs and still not get the items you are looking for.
So Lets say some one makes a card for a Kaoms and the Card only drops in Koams Volcano. You can Farm that specific area for that card and a more target farming run.

Also I think that if someone make high end currency card then that would serve as a usefull step wise way to turn lesser currency into an more useful Currency by trading with players.

Eg Someone makes an Exalted Orb card and you need 8/8 to get an exalt then players could trade for a piece of an Exalt every time they get 5 Chaos rather than waiting to get 40 Chaos ( or whatever the exchange might be)
"
Tyoll wrote:
"
perafelix wrote:
Divination cards........now to get a unique item you have to farm and hope that it drops. With these cards you still have to farm and hope that they drop, so the difference is.........????

So Lets say some one makes a card for a Kaoms and the Card only drops in Koams Volcano. You can Farm that specific area for that card and a more target farming run.

It would be nice to know before hand what areas drop specific cards. It would be nice if GGG provided this, but in the long run it would be better for the community to discover cards and areas and populate a database over time.

My only worry is a card being so rare that someone may not farm a specific area for it because they don't know that's where to get it.

More information regarding this from GGG would be awesome.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
It would be nice to know before hand what areas drop specific cards. It would be nice if GGG provided this, but in the long run it would be better for the community to discover cards and areas and populate a database over time.

I seriously doubt that ggg will spoil that info. I think the same rule as for uniques made by supporters will apply here. If a supporter wishes to 'spoil' 'his' card for the community - he will. Otherwise it's on the community to find stuff out.
Hi

Yu-Gi-POE finally begins

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Roleplayer wrote:
I seriously doubt that ggg will spoil that info. I think the same rule as for uniques made by supporters will apply here. If a supporter wishes to 'spoil' 'his' card for the community - he will. Otherwise it's on the community to find stuff out.

I doubt the supporters will have that information. From what I've read, GGG decides upon drop rate and location and the item creator will probably not get to know that info.
Crit happens.
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
"
Roleplayer wrote:

I doubt the supporters will have that information. From what I've read, GGG decides upon drop rate and location and the item creator will probably not get to know that info.

I think it would definitely suck if a card is never found.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
"
Roleplayer wrote:

I think it would definitely suck if a card is never found.

Would it, now? :D
I think it's similar to the vendor recipes: I can easily imagine that there are some that either are not publically known or have not even been discovered yet.

But regarding Divination cards never being found: I'd say it's highly unlikely as at least the supporter who created the card knows of its existence and more likely than not wants to get a hold of it. So if he doesn't figure out on his own where it drops, he will start asking around. And as soon as enough people are looking out for it, chances are that someone will have it drop.

E: Although when thinking about it a bit more: Imagine a Divination card that can only drop from monsters in the Dread Thicket. THAT card would probably never be found. :D
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on May 26, 2015, 3:30:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info