"the beast" is probably a

hobbits
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
it's not a question if Dragons fit into PoE.
it's a question whether you can make them fit - and the answer is a solid "yes".

Im sure they could make Pokemons squeeze in as well. Doesn't make it any more fitting.

no they can't, because Pokemons are Pokemons.

Dragons on the other hand, can look however you want them to look like.
see the picture in OP. that thing is part metal...

remember Diablo? look at him. especially in D2. Dragon. and I bet you didn't even notice it at first glance.
Ordrak in Torchlight? Dragon. with multiple arms because no one said Dragons can't have multiple arms.
or eyes. or tentacles...

Path Of Exile can have a Dragon. one that fits the theme and can horrify players the same way other things in the game do.
and it can be big enough and bad enough to be the act 4 boss.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Well i guess the final boss will be be something real weird, like the devil shown as a big turkey (we already killed the ground meat-rabbid!) on uppers and anabolics.
Oh wait, we already killed a freaking turkey in a4 too.
Well then it must be king dumpling on uppers and anabolics.

You enter the room and then you get f oneshot.
End of the dream.
Last edited by blackstar on May 24, 2015, 2:17:00 AM
I mean, its speculation, but to me it doesnt seem like the cataclysm was caused by a large creature that rampaged around dealing physical destruction to the world. I seemed more like the beast is some sort of unholy bridge between nightmare and reality, that its thoughts can warp, twist, corrupt, destroy the world. On some level more like a god that a being of great physical power.
The final bosses of Act 4 are Malachai, Maligaro, Deodre etcn not the beast itself

Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/area.php?n=The+Harvest
^should spoiler whole post. some people wanna be surprised
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 24, 2015, 3:07:39 PM
A datamined image of a bunch (all?) the bosses was posted on reddit about a month ago.

Spoiler
no dragon in that image
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
it's a question whether you can make them fit - and the answer is a solid "yes".

Im sure they could make Pokemons squeeze in as well. Doesn't make it any more fitting.

Dragons on the other hand, can look however you want them to look like.
see the picture in OP. that thing is part metal...

remember Diablo? look at him. especially in D2. Dragon. and I bet you didn't even notice it at first glance.
Ordrak in Torchlight? Dragon. with multiple arms because no one said Dragons can't have multiple arms.
or eyes. or tentacles...

Path Of Exile can have a Dragon. one that fits the theme and can horrify players the same way other things in the game do.
and it can be big enough and bad enough to be the act 4 boss.

I think you're seeing too much dragons. The word "dragon" brings up a certain image. Distort that image too much, and it wouldn't be called a dragon anymore. All we've seen of The Beast are those pairs of eyes, which I concur has dragon-like characteristics. We'll just have to wait and see :p
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

They cant add Dragons because Dragons are Dragons.

E: How the hell do you see a Dragon in Diablo's design?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 24, 2015, 4:40:20 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:

They cant add Dragons because Dragons are Dragons.

E: How the hell do you see a Dragon in Diablo's design?

It's more like giant lizard. With a touch of model's walk in D3 (that was a hilariously bad idea, XD).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info