"the beast" is probably a

i would be happy!

and I've always thought there would be a dragon boss considering like there are so many dragon corpses every where in the game. unless those big skeletons embedded in the ground are explained in the lore as something else?
S L O W E R
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
its a grim reaper
and it reaps souls
"
Esoteric187 wrote:
its a grim reaper
and it reaps souls

So...a Reaper Of Souls?
"
WiseGuard wrote:
PoE is not really Cthulhu type.

Well, a game doesn't have to 100% copy the Cthulhu IP entirely in order to really be "Lovecraftian" (technically the more correct term, but almost everything recognizes the name "Cthulhu" and makes the connection, while saying "HP Lovecraft" can leave some confusion for the uninitiated)

A good strong example of this would be the cult-classic horror game "Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem." Again, it does not make any direct name-drops out of the Lovecraftian mythos, (partly out of licensing issues that existed in that period over a decade ago, I recall?) but the themes are all there: a massive, unrelenting and effectively unassailable force that would twist and bend you simply to behold it, leaving you to do nothing but dread it beforehand. And in function, it executed it strongly, too; the whole "Sanity meter" concept could only be considered to fit a Lovecraftian theme. (a shame that Nintendo holds a patent on it... (though it looks like it may expire in only... 7 years?)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"The Beast" will be Bestel wearing his tricorn hat and a Speedo. The fight will be about kiting his poetry. It will be amazing.
or maybe its just me. im the beast
A giant pink robot!
Actually if you look at the trailer more closely it looks like you are actually standing on "The Beast" and you are fighting "it's" avatar.

If you look more closely you will notice a mouth with a circular row of teeth. So in truth, the beast will more than likely look more like this.

Spoiler

and that is what is inside the mountain! Case Closed. : D
Last edited by AidonX on Jul 5, 2015, 4:30:24 PM
The beast is Grigor... I mean, the man gives TWO skill points each difficulty level and he looks like a beast already.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info