Suddenly Dying (Hardcore) issue for anyone?

Hi Guys,

I just want to ask if anyone else in Hardcore has an issue with suddenly dying without any prior warning in PoE. And by this I mean dying to bosses, auras and monster effects combined, etc. (This is not a bug, but typical gameplay I'm talking about)

What I'm saying is that I'd prefer to:

1) Have a chance to fight for my character's life instead of simply seeing it be alive one moment and dead the next.

2) Would like to know what is killing me or killed me in a clear and concise manner (some sort of recap after death?)

In other action RPGs, if im going to die, i can see it coming because my health bar drops. This gives me a chance to fight, flee or react; a chance to come in with new resistances or more armor and hp if I get away.

I spend hours of hard work and effort to level my Hardcore characters, GGG. I don't want to see them disappear suddenly.

Can we get this addressed?

P.S. - I want to play Hardcore for the thrill of survival. So please don't tell me to play Normal mode. I'm asking that Hardcore mode give me this thrill, instead of eliminating me all of a sudden. Thank you for not trolling.
Last edited by NotForHire on May 21, 2015, 2:17:22 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's just a part of this game, my level 92 on the one month race died instantly to a pretty funny combination of mods (shared boon and otherworldly dischargers instantly one-shotting me)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
It's what happens when all the modifiers for bosses are completely randomly assigned without any consideration given to possibly "unfair" combinations. This is why some bosses barely do crap to your HP while others one-shot you from off-screen and makes you go "wtf" in bewilderment. Just had a boss spawn 2 days ago with following mods:
- Life regen (regenerates at least 10% hp per second)
- Can't remember name of mod but it summons about 20 zombies and skeletons every 10 seconds or so, all minions have extra hp and/or armoured
- Life degen aura (player loses about 20% hp per second anywhere within a 20ft radius of the boss)
- Proximity shield
- Extra fast, extra damage
- Casts enfeeble
My character's a glass cannon. Needless to say she died about 3 times to this guy then I simply reset the instance. Good thing I was on standard one-month.
Last edited by melodia1 on May 21, 2015, 2:27:15 PM
This is exactly the issue I would like addressed.

I believe that if GGG can balance these issues, that the game will become that much more fun and challenging. As it is, Hardcore offers little incentive to players if their champion can get one shot out of nowhere.
GGG will just say that the point of all those bosses/mods is exactly to kill you. you can just reroll the mods or start a new map.
"
GGG will just say that the point of all those bosses/mods is exactly to kill you. you can just reroll the mods or start a new map.

You can't always tell by looking at a boss or a map whether it will kill you outright. Otherwise even the best of us (like the streamers) would not be having this issue.

We already avoid Maps and Bosses we know we can't handle. The damage done, types of damage, and randomly assigned modifiers need to be managed, or there should be safeguards in place to allow for fairer fights and the chance to survive.

That's the point of the game: to face the challenge and overcome it. Not to lose everything without a chance for trying.
Last edited by NotForHire on May 21, 2015, 3:22:28 PM
"
NotForHire wrote:

That's the point of the game: to face the challenge.

nono, the point is to kill you. they have said it themselves. they will continue to make new spels/mods to try and kill you.

they also said they didnt want ANYONE to reach lvl 100, or atleast it should take years to reach that lvl, but players are geting to 90+ in a week. GGG needs to find more ways to kill them.
"
spoc002 wrote:
"
NotForHire wrote:

That's the point of the game: to face the challenge.

nono, the point is to kill you. they have said it themselves. they will continue to make new spels/mods to try and kill you.

they also said they didnt want ANYONE to reach lvl 100, or atleast it should take years to reach that lvl, but players are geting to 90+ in a week. GGG needs to find more ways to kill them.

That's easy. Every time you level up in Hardcore there's a level% chance that the reaper shows up and kills you right there. That's pretty much what happens already, just now you'd know when to expect it.
"
NotForHire wrote:
"

You can't always tell by looking at a boss or a map whether it will kill you outright. Otherwise even the best of us (like the streamers) would not be having this issue.

We already avoid Maps and Bosses we know we can't handle. The damage done, types of damage, and randomly assigned modifiers need to be managed, or there should be safeguards in place to allow for fairer fights and the chance to survive.

That's the point of the game: to face the challenge and overcome it. Not to lose everything without a chance for trying.

This game isn't for you. They want to make it LESS casual with MORE chance at dying. Your problem is lack of game knowledge, not the game being too hard. Instant deaths occur when YOU do something wrong, not GGG. And what are you talking about "boss" mods? Except for map modifiers, bosses never change, they're always the exact same.

Streamers (at least the good ones) don't die because of the reasons you're stating, they die because they're obviously trying to do everything as fast as possible and sometimes over extend/pull too much and die, they also know exactly what they did wrong.

"
This game isn't for you. They want to make it LESS casual with MORE chance at dying. Your problem is lack of game knowledge, not the game being too hard. Instant deaths occur when YOU do something wrong, not GGG. And what are you talking about "boss" mods? Except for map modifiers, bosses never change, they're always the exact same.

Streamers (at least the good ones) don't die because of the reasons you're stating, they die because they're obviously trying to do everything as fast as possible and sometimes over extend/pull too much and die, they also know exactly what they did wrong.

You speak as if you've never played this game before.

And as if you've never watched the streamers either.

Please come back and give an opinion when you know what you're talking about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info