Melee still not good

Fortify is not good enough GGG. Ranged builds are still far superior to melee. Melee builds can still get 1 shot with 90% phys dps reduction and fortify. That is no fun...
Here until the end.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
With that damage reduction the only things I can get 1shoted by are Brutus/Kole/Vaal smash. These attacks are slow for a reason (not spoiling them).
If you get 1shot from anything else get more HP/ES.
Huh?
The way its going, 2h melee will still be the worse of all build types, since 1h melee gets the same if not more buffs and there is nothing more appealing to go 2h other than slightly more dps. 1h melee popularity should increase significantly tho so maybe thats all GGG cares about.

Range dps and clear speed efficiency is not OP enough so projectiles, TS, SA etc. get buffed.

From what it sounds, caster is getting screwed most over all, so at least melee made up some ground in that regard.

Nothings really changed, you want to blow stuff up the fastest and with lowest risk, either use a bow, target offscreen and watch things melt, or use a dagger and crit everything while hold a shield for better protection... not wield a big scary looking 2h that leaves you exposed and doesnt kill things the fastest.

Ppl are going to say melee is great in beta but until they reach 80+ maps, with hard mods and end game, its bunch of nonsense.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Most ppl don't play two hand correct. You have ability to triple curse on movement and still weild full dps 6l. Play smarter

Two hander op as hell if play correct
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 21, 2015, 6:08:15 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Most ppl don't play two hand correct. You have ability to triple curse on movement and still weild full dps 6l. Play smarter

Two hander is one of the strongest builds especially for the low cost of it.
I dont get why people cant see it.
A dude got atziri with a 4 link and a crappy 2 handed axe using cyclone and brains.
Two handed's BASE damage (not dps) is what makes it so strong since armor mitigates nothing from your hits. Also, two six-links/5 links are cool to have.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Two hander is one of the strongest builds especially for the low cost of it.
I dont get why people cant see it.
A dude got atziri with a 4 link and a crappy 2 handed axe using cyclone and brains.
Two handed's BASE damage (not dps) is what makes it so strong since armor mitigates nothing from your hits. Also, two six-links/5 links are cool to have.

-2H is the worst build in the game when looking from an effeciency stand point. Melee in general actually.
-Cyclone is stupid good, cause cyclone is stupid good. This has nothing to do with 2h. Remove all 2h weapons from the game, and cyclone will still be stupid good. People use 2h with cyclone cause cyclone benefits from weapon range.
-Enemy armor is miniscule/boderline non existent. This has nothing to do with 2h weapons. Physical dmg from 1h or dual wield will shred enemy armor just like 2h.
-2 6L or 2 5L argument has been debunked years ago. You only need your chest.

2h are pretty weak defensively compared to 1h and offensively a 1h cyclone anyway clear a map the same speed than a 2h.

Hell a facebreaker is now dealing more dps than a mirrored 2h. what s the purpose to go 2h when you can have better defenses and stronger dps while unarmed.

Can t speak about beta, GGG slot machine decided I need to play something else XD
Forum pvp
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
Two handed's BASE damage (not dps) is what makes it so strong since armor mitigates nothing from your hits.
I think it would be really, really cool if this were true, because it would open up new avenues of theorycrafting.

But it's not. Not a single monster in the game has enough Armour to actually care about, and the monster affix uses a percentage-based physical mitigation instead of using the Armour mechanic.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 22, 2015, 4:27:31 AM
Still, 2h weapons are beasts in dps. For the very rich, go to see a Pain sunder (vaal axe). 880 dps O.O
Last edited by Wispo on May 22, 2015, 10:11:50 AM
"
Wispo wrote:
Still, 2h weapons are beasts in dps. For the very rich, go to see a Pain sunder (vaal axe). 880 dps O.O

that seemingly high dps is nothing more than a newbie trap

all that exalts to get a copy better spent on a top mirrored wand, bow, SRS staff, dagger, 1h foil etc. take your pick
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on May 22, 2015, 12:18:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info