Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

"
Unfortunately, in our logs, legitimate item deletion is indistinguishable from loss due to this bug. We are unable to restore items lost in this way.

Sorry but in some cases, you can, none would voluntary delete a 6L Shav or a windripper. And on top of that, none CAN'T delete an item with a MTX attached to it.

IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on May 12, 2015, 5:14:14 AM
"
geradon wrote:
"
matrix2kol wrote:
If you put all of your money into the bank and for some reason the amount got stolen by a hacker, would you accept it if the bank come back to you and say
"Hey we found out who stole your hard earned money, and we got the dude arrested in a short period of time, awesome isn't it? Yes it was a breach in our security system and it was definitely our fault and we are deeply sorry about this, but no we won't give you your money back since the hacker has spent it all. Please continue supporting us in the future."

you're not owning any items on ggg servers nor have you any claims on them but you do own your money on your bank which the gouvernment guarantees.

We are talking about the context of the situation here.

[Post Edited by Support]
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on May 12, 2015, 5:27:33 AM
Ty for the transparency Chris, as always. Hope nothing too expensive was lost.
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
"
jahcinto wrote:

bro http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1267071 :))
"
matrix2kol wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
"
matrix2kol wrote:
If you put all of your money into the bank and for some reason the amount got stolen by a hacker, would you accept it if the bank come back to you and say
"Hey we found out who stole your hard earned money, and we got the dude arrested in a short period of time, awesome isn't it? Yes it was a breach in our security system and it was definitely our fault and we are deeply sorry about this, but no we won't give you your money back since the hacker has spent it all. Please continue supporting us in the future."

you're not owning any items on ggg servers nor have you any claims on them but you do own your money on your bank which the gouvernment guarantees.

We are talking about the context of the situation here.

[Post Edited by Support]

yep, that's what i did, i put your example in the context it belongs to: "not applicable".
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on May 12, 2015, 5:27:18 AM
"
matrix2kol wrote:
"
jahcinto wrote:

bro http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1267071 :))

you put the smiley for the fact that he can restore his shavronnes wrappings just by using a divine orb?
which is a minor investment given the price of the item?

edit: i take that back as it's a legacy item which can't be fixed that way.

Last edited by vio on May 12, 2015, 5:46:13 AM
Last I checked your bank accounts are insured.
If you are going to make analogies pick the right ones.

And comparing this to Microsoft?
If 300 people decided not to use Microsoft products anymore their accountants wouldn't care.
If 300 current supporters dropped monitory support for GGG, there would be trouble. People can sure drop their support if that's what they want to do. It amazes me people try argue with this, especially people who are not even supporters. Oh sorry, I'm being entitled...

The comparisons here are poor.
Just admit GGG made a blunder, instead of trying to play devils advocate.
Last edited by RootCookie on May 12, 2015, 5:27:35 AM
"
geradon wrote:
"
matrix2kol wrote:

Which is kinda mind-boggling and horrifying when you think about it.
The crap that a company can get away with by putting it into an EULA is absurd.

As to the issue at hand, it really is inexcusable on behalf of GGG.

It's inexcusable because, on the one hand, a bug of this severity would have had just about any other company drop everything, take down the servers and start working on a patch. But GGG are, have always been, and will always be atrocious with data storage and saving. Hell, remember the character soft delete function they were considering two whole years ago, and never materialized?
I'm pretty sure they don't log this kind of thing and don't habitually make rollback points.

But no; you just keep playing and keep giving us money while we leave you in the dark. We'll just get Chris to come forward with an apology, then not fix anything nor start working on stopgap measures to prevent this in the future.
Last edited by SomethingEvil on May 12, 2015, 5:42:07 AM
Good to know. I lost 77 and 78 map and some random loot due to this. But losing endgame gear with mtx on must be really rough. It's great that you managed to fix it so fast!
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
"
SomethingEvil wrote:
The crap that a company can get away with by putting it into an EULA is absurd.

not absurd but rather mandatory.
giving players any right on ingame items would drag the company to court faster than you can say "nerf".

"
SomethingEvil wrote:
As to the issue at hand, it really is inexcusable on behalf of GGG.

i agree, ggg obviously didn't make the best impression handling it but devs currently have their main focus on closed beta fixes, so the priority for this issue wasn't that high at first as it should have been.
Last edited by vio on May 12, 2015, 5:47:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info