POE Release

Wisdom is correct, there will be a wipe after closed beta and no more afterwards.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Wisdom is correct, there will be a wipe after closed beta and no more afterwards.

Part of my point is, that old characters (say, pre-open beta. then) could be disqualified for ladder instead of wiped. Ladder and economy is the only issues that I can think of and economy is a small one because there will be so many new players (and low level chars) in comparison to the old.
"
Meltage wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

Part of my point is, that old characters (say, pre-open beta. then) could be disqualified for ladder instead of wiped. Ladder and economy is the only issues that I can think of and economy is a small one because there will be so many new players (and low level chars) in comparison to the old.

Someone loves his characters a lot, don't you? :P

Actually, it would be really wrong to not erase all of the existing characters pre-open beta, because those would have too much advantage with armors, skills, weapons, stats, clans, etc. So, to make it even to everyone they'll wipe every single character. C:

_
GGG will most likely revert all characters to level 1, destroying all items and game progression. This allows us to keep our characters, in name at least. Just don't get too attached to your gear ;)
if they hold this till 2012 the only people playing it will be the ones that couldnt afford d3, IE little kids and cheap old bastards LOL
Don't forget the people who actually don't want to play D3...
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Don't forget the people who actually don't want to play D3...

*Waves.* =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I guess we are halfway at closed beta and the open beta will be available early next year (read: January perhaps), so release version won't be that far away.
"
I guess we are halfway at closed beta and the open beta will be available early next year (read: January perhaps), so release version won't be that far away.

Chris has said DEFINITELY NOT January. February at the earliest. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
All this talk of being even and "unfair advantage".. in what sense is this a competition, except in Cutthroat and ladder reces?

If we get to keep our closed beta characters, there is a bigger chance we will continiue playing and it's a fitting reward for the free playtesting we do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info