Aura Reservation and Reduced Mana Support Gem Change

Could GGG please clarify what they consider a reasonable number of max auras a dedicated player is expected to run? 9? 10? 11? 12?

i.e. With some planning you can currently run 10 auras. The downside is that you have almost 0% offensive capability but this is a reasonable trade off in order to help your party.

As a open beta supporter all the constant changes to aura's mana cost is starting to become tiresome. I'm worried this proposed change will break my 10 aura build yet-again, and shift the problem from one gem to another as many people have pointed out.

Pre 1.2 you could run run 15 auras. This was obviously OP so 1.2 fixed snapshotting. To compensate Mortal Conviction http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mortal_Conviction was bumped from 40% to 60%. In 1.3 Blood Magic was decreased from 60% down to 50%.

And now you want to replace the requirement of Reduced mana (which is relatively easy to get) with a much rarer gem???

Some clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by Michaelangel007 on May 8, 2015, 6:23:45 PM
"
Imp1830 wrote:
All this does is crush build diversity by limiting what you can do with auras. So what, you removed reduced mana, just to make a bunch of passive skill jewel slot uniques, equipped uniques, and insanely expensive and PITA leveled enlighten required. That is about the dumbest idea I have seen and hopefully this turd is scooped, bagged and dropped in the trash as soon as possible. Don't fix what's not broken.

/signed!!!

GGG - concentrate on what's really important -> desync + new trading system + act4 content + bugfixing + providing some new MTX for those who have supported you and now don't know what to do with all those points since those "shades" are so "cool" and please stop! messing around with things that make 0 sense! This is simply absurd If you take a look at enlighten prices now - and I'm not talking about lvl 4 enlighten!

How do you think this will work If thousands of players need 2-5 enlighten gems in order to run their auras but there are so few gems on the market?

RM was perfectly fine, now you willingly destroy a working system and this is a real shame!

IGN Soultakerr
Last edited by maikanafufaika on May 8, 2015, 6:38:58 PM
I'm actually tentatively excited about this. Hopefully with RM aura stacking removed we can see auras being pushed toward more build defining skills, rather than free damage that everyone runs.

Given what's happened to ES as a result of the Eldritch Battery changes, I've got high hopes for the future.

I will say however I strongly disagree with the changes to Enlighten. Aura reduction should have been removed from gems period, rather that just making the hurdle higher.
I'm currently running a successful Summoner and a Ball Lightning build both around L82 in beta and both clear L75+ maps with relative ease.

On the summoner I'm currently running Disc + Haste and I don't feel like I need more.

On the caster I'm running a HoT, Wrath and Determination but I need to squeeze in one more passive node to not run too low on mana.

On both I don't see why I would need an Enlighten as the increase is so minor that it wouldn't allow for another aura anyway.

I can also see both builds doing every map and maybe even Atziri, they won't be doing Uber though but that's not what I've built them for.

The amount of auras, especially damage auras and heralds, some people were able to run was just ridiculous.
Now people will actually have to think about where to get their damage from apart from just running Anger/Wrath/HoT/HoI and speccing crit.

It's a good change and will actually make auras more important and sharing them among the party even more useful.

Tl;dr:

- Enlighten is not a requirement (unless you're looking for your old Windripper-Offscreen-Uber-Oneshot build)
- Less auras > more auras, especially with the added effects for spells
- More build diversity by focusing passives on damage and auras of defense or vice versa
- If you want to make a build that requires more auras you'll need to invest more currency or time. It's always been that way, just take a look at Loath Bane or even Shavs/Mjölnir
- Most of the tears are just people being butthurt that their old "OP" builds will no longer work as easy

Ps.
To GGG, please don't let yourself get intimidated by all the tears and hate. It's a good change and you know it.
Just let GGG do theier job. The devs know for sure better what they are doing.
I know, they appreciate feedback and so on, but this wall of QQ starts to become annoying.

GGG, I'm with you and I find the announced changes great.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
Last edited by bersi23 on May 8, 2015, 7:01:30 PM

Oh man! Can't wait to be rich when I lvl these bad boys to lvl 3 in about 2 years!
I need a signature to look legit

Took me about 4-5 days of gametime to level to 3 with 20% quality.
And a lot of luck vaaling of course but they're fairly quick to level on Atziri or 75+ maps.

So all the points about "taking too long to level" are moot. It's a major gem now comparable to Empower.
Yeh, I do not get the point of destroying RM and replacing it with enlighten. I see the block nerf and all the previous nerfs as balancing, but I don't see how this balances anything??? I would like for Rory or Qarl or Chris to actually explain what this is all about and how it would ever "fix" the game???
"
Imp1830 wrote:
All this does is crush build diversity by limiting what you can do with auras. So what, you removed reduced mana, just to make a bunch of passive skill jewel slot uniques, equipped uniques, and insanely expensive and PITA leveled enlighten required. That is about the dumbest idea I have seen and hopefully this turd is scooped, bagged and dropped in the trash as soon as possible. Don't fix what's not broken.

Pretty much this.

I'd go further and just say "Don't fix what's not broken with something that is broken."
Slower reading rendered my post moot sorry for the mixup.

Edit:
Things are still broken.
Last edited by HeavensRejected on May 8, 2015, 8:01:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info