Zealot's Oath - CI Build (Is it worth it?)

"
DarkenDragon wrote:
the real question you should be asking is where are you getting the health regen from. all forms of life regeneration is a % of your max health. even if you get CI, your regeneration is still based off the max health you would have had if you didnt have CI (think of CI as a mask ontop of your health, your health pool is still what it was, just reduced to 1 but the pool is still there)

well if you do get CI your not gonna be wasting points into increased health nor will you be looking for health on your gear. thus your regeneration is gonna be based off your base health that you get from leveling and the health from your str value.

that said, your regeneration is gonna be so small that its not gonna show much on zealot's oath.

so if you want to figure out what your regen will be, your base health is 50, you get 6 health every level, and you get 0.5 health per strength. that'll give you the potential health pool size and your regen will be based on your regen stat. which is 0 as base.

I'm a level 74 CI witch that uses Ghost Reaver AND Zealot's oath.
What you have written here isn't true at all. I don't know where did you get that from.

I took a 1% life regen passive point, and guess what, my ES regen is exactly 1% of my maximum ES. of course that if you have more life regen stats on gear it's goes higher.
So when you take a life regen node, it regenerates from your max ES and not hp.

---

Right now, ZO isn't THAT effective for me, I have 3300 ES and some life regen from Items, so I regenerate 44 ES per second (1% of max ES regen which is 33, and 11 from items).
But Theoretically you can have much higher regeneration:
Let's say you have 4000 ES. And a life regen passive of 1%.
That 40 ES regen per second.
Now, add maximum life regen (+6) from items- Helm, chest, boots, gloves, rings(2), shield, and not sure if belts and amulets can have this stat.
Thats 40+(6*9) = 94
Although it's not much at all, it can be a nice boost to Ghost Reaver.

Getting to the ZO & life regen nodes wasn't such a big deal so I don't mind taking it.
Also, I really like it when I play a map with burning ground, and lose about 1 ES per second ^^

link to my skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEC_gQHBLMHYxEvEVAVUBa_F1QabBzcHRQfAiKBJ6kpTyy_LR8tRzbFOtg74ULDRtdHBkyzTdhPfVBCUWBXK13GXfJe-l9qYG1mnm0ZcFJwfXDVc1N-WX_GgFaBSYFvghCCm4fbiEKMNox2jjyOZI9Gj_qZmp2unjyeoaKjpwinK6mVr5uyOLUEtve2-rvWwFTBxcHzw23YJNrd2-fd89-E37Di9-Qi5oHrY-wY7DjyHfPq96b3wfrS_Ks=
"
Zork1 wrote:
"
DarkenDragon wrote:
the real question you should be asking is where are you getting the health regen from. all forms of life regeneration is a % of your max health. even if you get CI, your regeneration is still based off the max health you would have had if you didnt have CI (think of CI as a mask ontop of your health, your health pool is still what it was, just reduced to 1 but the pool is still there)

well if you do get CI your not gonna be wasting points into increased health nor will you be looking for health on your gear. thus your regeneration is gonna be based off your base health that you get from leveling and the health from your str value.

that said, your regeneration is gonna be so small that its not gonna show much on zealot's oath.

so if you want to figure out what your regen will be, your base health is 50, you get 6 health every level, and you get 0.5 health per strength. that'll give you the potential health pool size and your regen will be based on your regen stat. which is 0 as base.

I'm a level 74 CI witch that uses Ghost Reaver AND Zealot's oath.
What you have written here isn't true at all. I don't know where did you get that from.

I took a 1% life regen passive point, and guess what, my ES regen is exactly 1% of my maximum ES. of course that if you have more life regen stats on gear it's goes higher.
So when you take a life regen node, it regenerates from your max ES and not hp.

---

Right now, ZO isn't THAT effective for me, I have 3300 ES and some life regen from Items, so I regenerate 44 ES per second (1% of max ES regen which is 33, and 11 from items).
But Theoretically you can have much higher regeneration:
Let's say you have 4000 ES. And a life regen passive of 1%.
That 40 ES regen per second.
Now, add maximum life regen (+6) from items- Helm, chest, boots, gloves, rings(2), shield, and not sure if belts and amulets can have this stat.
Thats 40+(6*9) = 94
Although it's not much at all, it can be a nice boost to Ghost Reaver.

Getting to the ZO & life regen nodes wasn't such a big deal so I don't mind taking it.
Also, I really like it when I play a map with burning ground, and lose about 1 ES per second ^^

link to my skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEC_gQHBLMHYxEvEVAVUBa_F1QabBzcHRQfAiKBJ6kpTyy_LR8tRzbFOtg74ULDRtdHBkyzTdhPfVBCUWBXK13GXfJe-l9qYG1mnm0ZcFJwfXDVc1N-WX_GgFaBSYFvghCCm4fbiEKMNox2jjyOZI9Gj_qZmp2unjyeoaKjpwinK6mVr5uyOLUEtve2-rvWwFTBxcHzw23YJNrd2-fd89-E37Di9-Qi5oHrY-wY7DjyHfPq96b3wfrS_Ks=

Thanks to OP for the question and Zork for the detailed response - I'm a CI witch and have been wrestling over whether to do this or not for months. As Zork pointed out, grabbing ZO should be a piece of cake for most players since they'll go right by it anyway; for me the bigger obstacle is successfully exchanging "sort of near-ish end game" gear for stuff with life regen included...
Im testing this my selff and so far so good but i have not realy get to point to see what offence sach character should most benefit in its curent skill tree. Thinking of reducing some aura nodes and what not but it is hard to tell atm what i will prefer for some final build offensivly.

You can see how i started and what items i curently use on it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1190888

Generaly in my last skill tree example i probably drop 2 of aura nodes becouse i alredy do so on my in game witch and i will probably grab endurance realy soon becouse on my level 80 i notice armor dont scale wery well. Thos i use cold demage and simple ice nove + prolif and TC make large pack of monster perma freez on demand and my cold snap is wery effective in similar setup on stun. Inaff to say i regenerate ES so fast that im curently insanly tanky and mostly do as a frst to get into fight and debuf monster wher other do demage realy safe.
Thats only like i say becouse im not decided how to go on end game content becouse im not a expert i just test all realy colse and learn.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Feb 23, 2015, 7:27:30 PM
Regen really isn't noticeable until you start passing 4% to 5% per second. 8% to 10% starts to become very noticeable background mitgation.

Let's say you have 5% regen and 100% faster recharge cooldown. So you'd heal up 15% of ES without having to wait for a cooldown. 8% is 24% of max ES without a cooldown.

It's the sort of thing that's nice to have when you hate waiting for cooldowns just to heal a few incidental nicks here-and-there and can't access SR to do the same thing. (And yes, SR is much much better at that sort of thing.)

Before the buffs to the cooldown nodes, it was the sort of thing that's nice to have to reduce the amount of time spent regenning out of combat. It takes 3 seconds to regenerate to full ES from nil, if you were the weird sort of person who ever liked or used ES-life builds, as it's not the sort of thing that happens to a CI build.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Feb 25, 2015, 8:40:20 AM
I am playing a CI Ice Spear/Freezing pulse build with zealots oath and ghost reaver. (I am also doing this on a reave/flicker character but i found the leech you get from playing physical attack builds to take care of everything you need and not needing any regen at all)

I use the blood dance boots to get a free 3% regen on my ES and ontop of that i picked up another 2% from my tree for a total 5%.

I didnt run any form of lifeleech until 68 where i equipped a cold version of the atziri invitation belt . i am currently lvl 80 and im still not running lifeleech gem. I amn essentially always on full ES with only 1% leech and 5% regen with 7k ES

Final tree

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfim0Zpys1uRFQ98EabJ2upwhMsyy_wcVWYxXXhq7DbVxrhEiMdp487DgpT-QihX1QMA5IY0Nd8t-EQsMRLysKtvdfatvnRwby4Yw2Av7bXoKb1aaCEN-wRKuPplWuLJz56ILHKPrr7riTDXxXyZDWLKam6zeDL2_ZE3C77BhwUonTcNXQ9UGWrrMFQo_68h3r9fDVSVFMLREPIoGeoVZKjjwXVKyY99eboY9GEFivm8MJuZPli_nbfsfQ0BSwgh6IQl8qdFVo8nxLtobtIBVQlnQBb-L3i3o=

Current tree

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfim0Zpys1uRFQ98EabJ2upwhMsyy_wcVWYxXXhq6Mdp487DgpT-QihX1QMA5IY0Nd8l9q2-dHBvLh216Cm9WmghDfsESrj6ZVriyc-eiCxyj66-64kw18V8mQ1iympus3gy9v2RNwu-wYcFKJ03DV0PVBlq6zBUKP-vId6_Xw1UlRTC0RDyKBnqFWSo48F1SsmPfXm6GPRhBYr5vDCbmT5Yv5237H0NAUsIIeiEJfKnRVaPJ8S7aG7SAVUJZ0

The tree allows for a lot of customization if you want just more ES, more ES regen, more damage, more mana/life regen etc. Every point after 80 until 90 or 100 will go into a node that helps you in whatever way you want. no dead nodes at all at that point. No problems at all with survivability or damage with only a 5link or even 4link (4link may have problems with curse immune ele resistant rares, thats it)

The 350+ ES per second that regen alone gives you is stronger than the 1% leech in most situations and you can even get away with not running any leech at all as long as you can keep the frenzy charges up
Last edited by randomnoob27 on Feb 25, 2015, 11:32:24 AM
"
Gunned wrote:
should I use zealots oath?

You haven't really given us enough info to help you with your decision.

What's your build? If you're doing an ES/EV attack-based character, then you probably have no reason to go all the way over to Zealot's Oath. Are you doing an Armour/ES build? There are good combo nodes over in the Templar area, and you'll be near Zealot's Oath anyway. That area's also great for casters and Molten Strike.

I personally feel naked without Zealot's Oath. It protects you from burning damage and small hits. And yes, the regen is definitely based on ES and not life. Take it if you're near it. It's worth it. It's even more fun to run it with Immortal Flesh (although the lowered max res sucks without Saffell's Frame or Incandescent Heart).
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Wiu_Ming wrote:
Thanks to OP for the question and Zork for the detailed response - I'm a CI witch and have been wrestling over whether to do this or not for months. As Zork pointed out, grabbing ZO should be a piece of cake for most players since they'll go right by it anyway; for me the bigger obstacle is successfully exchanging "sort of near-ish end game" gear for stuff with life regen included...

There are plenty of regen options for CI chars, some more affordable than others, but it all depends on your playstyle.

From Wiki:

"
Percentage based Life Regeneration becomes Percentage based ES Regeneration based on maximum ES.

So you don't reaaaally need regen at all in your gear if you spec it in your tree. Of course, as CI, you won't spec into hp or hp regen, so it's kinda contradictory.

If you're casting, probably leech is the way to go. If so, Ghost Reaver is absolutely mandatory.

Along with Ghost Reaver, you can use Voidbringer to get up to 20 ES per kill.

Or Vaal Discipline if you need an emergency 'ES potion'.

If you're not casting and you need constant regen, then probably Shav's Ring is what you need.

Equipped in the right slot, this baby is able to sustain Righteous Fire and such if your ES is high enough. It is a pain in the ass to get, of course.

What I recommend is sticking to Leech if you're a CI caster. Otherwise, I don't think ZO is a viable option for CI chars.
IGN: DylanRyder
The Crit Philosopher: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960124
Dominus Split Runs guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1212404

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info