Zealot's Oath - CI Build (Is it worth it?)

Should I use Zealot's Oath in my ci build? Life regen seems to be small numbers like 2-5 but I dont know if it gets any better late game..should I use zealots oath?
Yeah also wondering if CI works in PvP. I mean are there any skills with chaos damage so that it would make it worth? Cause i know that in PvE, being immune to chaos is very important.
i'd appreciate an answer from an experienced hardcore ci witch =P
debating this myself. not sure there is enough regen to make it worth it
4l/Crafting Store
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/273839
the real question you should be asking is where are you getting the health regen from. all forms of life regeneration is a % of your max health. even if you get CI, your regeneration is still based off the max health you would have had if you didnt have CI (think of CI as a mask ontop of your health, your health pool is still what it was, just reduced to 1 but the pool is still there)

well if you do get CI your not gonna be wasting points into increased health nor will you be looking for health on your gear. thus your regeneration is gonna be based off your base health that you get from leveling and the health from your str value.

that said, your regeneration is gonna be so small that its not gonna show much on zealot's oath.

so if you want to figure out what your regen will be, your base health is 50, you get 6 health every level, and you get 0.5 health per strength. that'll give you the potential health pool size and your regen will be based on your regen stat. which is 0 as base.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides
"
DarkenDragon wrote:
the real question you should be asking is where are you getting the health regen from. all forms of life regeneration is a % of your max health. even if you get CI, your regeneration is still based off the max health you would have had if you didnt have CI (think of CI as a mask ontop of your health, your health pool is still what it was, just reduced to 1 but the pool is still there)

well if you do get CI your not gonna be wasting points into increased health nor will you be looking for health on your gear. thus your regeneration is gonna be based off your base health that you get from leveling and the health from your str value.

that said, your regeneration is gonna be so small that its not gonna show much on zealot's oath.

so if you want to figure out what your regen will be, your base health is 50, you get 6 health every level, and you get 0.5 health per strength. that'll give you the potential health pool size and your regen will be based on your regen stat. which is 0 as base.

unfortunately we don't know if Zealot's Oath actually makes your regen work off your max ES. Which is what the skill should do anyway. If grabbing zealot's oath makes your regen still based off of your life then not only is it a bad skill point but the mechanics would be poorly designed. If it does infact switch the relative factors of the regen equation to ES instead of life, then yes you can work it into your build at higher levels.
It does work off of max energy shield. I tested it.
So if you tested it and it works off max ES, then if you want to use Zealot's oath you don't even need that much regen. Vitality and/or rejuv totem should hold you up. It shouldn't be something you stack because it won't be necessary most of the time. It will be great if you take a big hit and run around waiting for the ES recharge to weapon swap and rejuv totem/turn on vitality aura. I think that this would be good to use when you first spec CI, but ghost reaver is probably more effective late.
"
Lachis wrote:
but ghost reaver is probably more effective late.

Why not use both?
You can use both if you want but you don't have to. Ghost reaver is very very effective late game with all of the dmg reduction you should have. Ideally I think for 90% of situations using both is overkill. You will be at full ES 75% of the time, 15% of the time random hits will take small amounts of ES off you that can be accounted for by leeching OR regen. This damage is insubstantial and having both would mean that you are wasting points in the talent tree. The last 10%, and it might happen more often but the goal is to avoid this, is spike dmg that puts you in oh shit mode. This is really the only time you want both and in most cases you just run away instead of doing damage so really on Zealot's oath is good in this situation. So for each case presented, you only need 1. Even in the most extreme case you would be assuming unecessary risk by trying to leech but this happens less than often. I'd rather throw traps and do kite damage and leech ES back than just run around aimlessly regenning waiting for the full recharge.

If I played CI I would probably use both if my build wasnt compromised by spreading that far out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info