The Awakening Supporter Packs

"
macdre wrote:
I don't mean to be negative nancy, but these supporter packs are pretty lame compared to ones we've had in the past. $1100 just an MTX that looks almost identical to the $150 dollar pack i believe? And the things that pop up above you, are just plain stupid and annoying. Please add a feature to turn the sound off for these specifically. Cmon GGG the 1100 MTX Doesn't even beat the Exalted MTX. In Fact. The $260 mtx looks worse than ghostflame... lol. I purchased Grand Master because I love this game and want to support it, and it was absolutely worth it, the detail that went into the armor piece itself is amazing, I mean truly amazing, but this rehashed weapon effects with changed colors and intensity etc, take no time to make and also selling beta keys with these is just pure Capitalism...may I dare call it P2W? When I bought GM I never expected to be invited to the beta, nor did I care.

TLDR: Packs suck, not even better than existing mtx you can purchase from shop. The Vaal one is the kind of cool, the $260 pack looks worse than ghostflame. and 1100 for an effect that looks almost identical to the $150 one. Don't waste the money. Please add a $500 dollar version with the Highgate pack without the design a divination card, IDGAF about designing a lame card. Its nothing compared to an item. Please try harder GGG. The regal to exalted packs were awesome! the GrandMaster Pack Awesome! These... meh.

Just wanted to add that the only reason I will buy these packs is if I need points to purchase future actual well designed MTX items, and want a bunch of extra useless crap, and a mediocre at best weapon effect.

And honestly, selling these with beta keys is just plain wrong. I always thought of GGG as an upstanding company, but to promote the packs by giving beta access is just desperate. I have a beta key and I'm still playing HC, I will play beta towards very end since I am a hardcore player and I need to know the meta, things that could kill me etc. (my beta key was given to me because i am GM supporter before you flame) For now I am having a blast taking my 95 ranger from bloodlines to 100 in HC with my new mirrored 6t1 harb.

I think there pretty neat. And it something new for now. Im going to try and get to the Div card.. I like the card idea.. We shall see though :)
Always looking for people to game with, Hit me up!! Thanks for the great game GGG..

As I ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ ᴀs I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ Seppuku, I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ Kʀɪᴘᴘ ᴘʟᴀʏ Cᴀsᴜᴀʟsᴛᴏɴᴇ. I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Kʀɪᴘ ᴡᴀs Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏᴇ ᴋʀɪᴘᴘ ▬▬ι════════ﺤ
"
Zombiecity317 wrote:
"
macdre wrote:
I don't mean to be negative nancy, but these supporter packs are pretty lame compared to ones we've had in the past. $1100 just an MTX that looks almost identical to the $150 dollar pack i believe? And the things that pop up above you, are just plain stupid and annoying. Please add a feature to turn the sound off for these specifically. Cmon GGG the 1100 MTX Doesn't even beat the Exalted MTX. In Fact. The $260 mtx looks worse than ghostflame... lol. I purchased Grand Master because I love this game and want to support it, and it was absolutely worth it, the detail that went into the armor piece itself is amazing, I mean truly amazing, but this rehashed weapon effects with changed colors and intensity etc, take no time to make and also selling beta keys with these is just pure Capitalism...may I dare call it P2W? When I bought GM I never expected to be invited to the beta, nor did I care.

TLDR: Packs suck, not even better than existing mtx you can purchase from shop. The Vaal one is the kind of cool, the $260 pack looks worse than ghostflame. and 1100 for an effect that looks almost identical to the $150 one. Don't waste the money. Please add a $500 dollar version with the Highgate pack without the design a divination card, IDGAF about designing a lame card. Its nothing compared to an item. Please try harder GGG. The regal to exalted packs were awesome! the GrandMaster Pack Awesome! These... meh.

Just wanted to add that the only reason I will buy these packs is if I need points to purchase future actual well designed MTX items, and want a bunch of extra useless crap, and a mediocre at best weapon effect.

And honestly, selling these with beta keys is just plain wrong. I always thought of GGG as an upstanding company, but to promote the packs by giving beta access is just desperate. I have a beta key and I'm still playing HC, I will play beta towards very end since I am a hardcore player and I need to know the meta, things that could kill me etc. (my beta key was given to me because i am GM supporter before you flame) For now I am having a blast taking my 95 ranger from bloodlines to 100 in HC with my new mirrored 6t1 harb.

I think there pretty neat. And it something new for now. Im going to try and get to the Div card.. I like the card idea.. We shall see though :)

Have you even seen them in-game?
I'm fine with mediocrity up to $260 bucks.

But mediocrity for $1100 sorry.. think ill pass on that and buy my mom a macbook air instead. Since I already bought my gf one and both of them Ipads.

Just because You have the money, Doesn't mean you should spend it on a mediocre product, is all im saying. I am sad to see, in like 50+ pages of replies, theres only a few people who agree with me.

I guess GGG has realized that people will literally buy anything they put out. Even if its clearly something that took no real skill/effort/work. Just a hey, our champagne and cuban cigar acct is looking low, lets release some packs for those that don't have beta keys and desperately want in so we can get back to bottle popping up in here.
Last edited by macdre on May 1, 2015, 2:10:43 AM
Maybe if only a few people agree with you the product isn't mediocre? To you it is, and that's fine. It seems you are in the minority on that though, so I guess suck it up and deal that aesthetics are a subjective thing.

I'm not sure you could be a bigger ass towards GGG and their motives though.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on May 1, 2015, 2:24:44 AM
"
Archwizard wrote:
Maybe if only a few people agree with you the product isn't mediocre? To you it is, and that's fine. It seems you are in the minority on that though, so I guess suck it up and deal that aesthetics are a subjective thing.

I'm not sure you could be a bigger ass towards GGG and their motives though.

So your saying their motives are honorable? They have plenty of money. Without having to stoop down to this pay2play crap. Just make quality microtransaction products. And quality supporter Packs. I just dont get why the $260 pack jumps to $1100? ... Thats just greed, %500 would have been more than enough. $1100 though? Why? because you get to design a stupid card? its not even an item? that you can say you designed and worked with GGG team through the long and tedious design process of an item. Saying I designed a card just sounds lame.

All I'm saying is i'm upset that GGG is ok with putting out this mediocre product after such an incredible track record of awesome supporter packs / expansions etc. I'm only upset because I care about this game. I started playing it April, 2012. When Vaal was the last boss. In closed beta. Before anything. And I knew it was going to be a great game, and it proved to be that, back than they were thankful for every $1000 supporter they got, they gave them custom avatars etc. Now its like oh $1100 bucks, meh thanks.. heres some mediocre weapon effect, Instead of something truly cool.. Like An armour set to go with it...
It is all personal taste, but packs in the past have been a lot more neutral to different kind of tastes and flashy effects, pets were limited to the highest tiers or specific and often expensive mtx in the store (which limits their occurance).

Full 3d art of a demon hovering above you like an apparition isn't a small thing, it beats a lot of the mtx in the past when only considering the animation and detail of the models. I also like that something happens when you afk, it could make towns more animated/ lively instead of just characters standing still, but they are a hell a lot flashy and not to my taste.

I hope that by the time awakening launches they got something like the masters packs up again, but above all it will be clear how the art style is evolving. I will also hope the demon hype has passed a bit, maybe that or colorful mounts will be next.

Enter towns in style; your character gets to ride either a barrel for $30, a burning demon horse for $500 or a magical pony that leaves a rainbow trail for $1000. Only peasants enter settlements on their feet, so get your pack now before it is too late.

Hi everyone !

I bought the Axiom supporter pack and i have a question. Where can i download the digital soundtrack ? I must be blind, because i did'nt see any download links, in any message i got from system upon my purchase. Thanks for all the help in advance .
After great Masters supporter pack, I was thinking about buying the most expansive one ... but when I saw those pack I'll just go for axiom ... :/
"
Eichler77 wrote:
Hi everyone !

I bought the Axiom supporter pack and i have a question. Where can i download the digital soundtrack ? I must be blind, because i did'nt see any download links, in any message i got from system upon my purchase. Thanks for all the help in advance .

here: http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Eichler77/downloads
"
macdre wrote:

Alot of people thought the Exalted armour looked like crap, including myself. Just preference and this time its not for you. Always next time!
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
Axiom looks Sick! Weapon skin but mostly that shade... so does Lunaris. Think the Axiom theme has won me and is within price range :D
Awesome packs guys and excellent dungeon themed shades going on there.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info