"
xPiranha wrote:
p2w ftw lol

Nothing in this game is p2w.
I told myself to wait a few weeks all day long at work. I did not succeed. Dx

That Lunaris Blue...

Love me some GGG! <3
noun: escapism

the tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy.
Last edited by Toksic on Apr 29, 2015, 11:31:27 PM
So how do we get the beta keys?
"
Chepserino wrote:

check your inbox
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Chepserino wrote:

check your inbox

I have the 550 points but not the beta key. I'll wait an hour or so and then email support I if I don't get anything by then I guess.

edit: Went to account transactions page on my website when logging in and it was there
Last edited by Chepserino on Apr 29, 2015, 11:23:44 PM
I just honestly don't get why some guys are angry about this. Maybe they don't get enough money and they want the items, or maybe they feel fine thinking that the guys giving away big money are all insane. Who knows.

Maybe when they in real life see big cars, expensive clothes, awesome houses they feel the same. Or —even worst— if they watch someone giving a BIG gratuity after a dinner to the barman because they like the way the barman did and his manners, maybe they get mad or anything.

I just can't understand some people.

I see supporter packs like a way to DONATE to developers and give thanks for the game. It doesnt even matter if we receive items or effects or dont receive anything at all, it's just a decision and microtransactions or T-shirts are just a plus. Some guys just dont get it.

PoE is —for some guys like me— the best game ever made, or close to. And 100% free. For others it's just a good game and they all want to help developers with that.

Sadly I don't have a lot of money nowadays, I just supported them years ago because at that time I feel like I HAD to. And I will do again when I feel I can. I look at some effects, some supporter packs, some microtransactions and they are expensive as hell, I like them all but they are kinda prohibitive for me! But I don't get angry and start insulting the people that bought them or make them, the same way I don't get mad when I see a man with a car I can not afford, I just not insult the car maker or the car driver. I just live with that, it's real life. I would like to buy all the packs, all the MTX, but I accept that I can't and move on, and I just contribute whenever I can, the same way I just buy a cheap car or modest clothes.

All in all, I think some people are really ungrateful. Really, really ungrateful. Even if they never through out a penny, they should give big thanks to GGG for making a 100% FREE game for them, and also say big THANKS to all those big big supporters and stop insulting them or pretend they're mad. Because of their amazing support, you guys can play this game for free. So please stop being ungrateful, not anymore. It's absurd. I'm very thankful to all of them, they get my eternal gratitude indeed. This game is free and nobody is forcing anyone and even then some guys through out even —literally— thousands of dollars.

I just can't understand some guys. But this is real life, sadly.

Sorry for my bad English, and thanks again GGG for an awesome game, and all of you true supporters.
Also thanks to the guys playing the game that want to donate but can't afford it, or even the guys that —as long and don't complain— dont want to donate and are playing for free entirely. All of us form a community and the game is alive thanks to all of us at the end.

Have a nice day.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 29, 2015, 11:41:52 PM
"
Valmar wrote:
I just honestly don't get why some guys are angry about this. Maybe they don't get enough money and they want the items, or maybe they feel fine thinking that the guys giving away big money are all insane. Who knows.

Maybe when they in real life see big cars, expensive clothes, awesome houses they feel the same. Or —even worst— if they watch someone giving a BIG gratuity after a dinner to the barman because they like the way the barman did and his manners, maybe they get mad or anything.

I just can't understand some people.

I see supporter packs like a way to DONATE to developers and give thanks for the game. It doesnt even matter if we receive items or effects or dont receive anything at all, it's just a decision and microtransactions or T-shirts are just a plus. Some guys just dont get it.

PoE is —for some guys like me— the best game ever made, or close to. And 100% free. For others it's just a good game and they all want to help developers with that.

Sadly I don't have a lot of money nowadays, I just supported them years ago because at that time I feel like I HAD to. And I will do again when I feel I can. I look at some effects, some supporter packs, some microtransactions and they are expensive as hell, I like them all but they are kinda prohibitive for me! But I don't get angry and start insulting the people that bought them or make them, the same way I don't get mad when I see a man with a car I can not afford, I just not insult the car maker or the car driver. I just live with that, it's real life. I would like to buy all the packs, all the MTX, but I accept that I can't and move on, and I just contribute whenever I can, the same way I just buy a cheap car or modest clothes.

All in all, I think some people are really ungrateful. Really, really ungrateful. Even if they never through out a penny, they should give big thanks to GGG for making a 100% FREE game for them, and also say big THANKS to all those big big supporters and stop insulting them or pretend they're mad. Because of their amazing support, you guys can play this game for free. So please stop being ungrateful, not anymore. It's absurd. I'm very thankful to all of them, they get my eternal gratitude indeed. This game is free and nobody is forcing anyone and even then some guys through out even —literally— thousands of dollars.

I just can't understand some guys. But this is real life, sadly.

Sorry for my bad English, and thanks again GGG for an awesome game, and all of you true supporters.

Have a nice day.

Your English is great and you stated things well!

I second this.
I'm not entirely sure what to make of these supporter packs. I suppose whether they're awesome or not is a matter of personal preference and many will find them most awesome. Many will buy them because they're an avenue of support (in payment of services used, to support good thinking/being/things, ..), stuff be damned, as I did, without regret, the earliest packs. But I feel I've crossed some sort of threshold where I'm more critical of "the stuff" than feeling a desire or ethical responsibility to give further support. And I'm just not sure on these packs or the decisions/systems behind them.

Weapon effects are almost always nice and these don't disappoint much. Axiom, especially, is awesome. Also Awakening looks great. Highgate would be awesome if not for that awful surrounding glow. Vaal looks obnoxiously busy and has the glow. At least the glow on Lunaris seems a bit more subtle.. the effect itself looks decent. They all seem to look better on bows and swords to me for the most part rather than axes. But look at the Highgate image.. if I didn't know that was a bow and sword from context, could I be certain of its nature? It's the only image where the underlying items are all but obscured by the effect.

Portrait frames are irrelevant to me. Axiom looks nice and subtle. Lunaris isn't too bad. Vaal and Highgate look terrible to me - far too busy and odd. Generally speaking, frames are a long established and subtle in-game "I spent at least this much" item for those who party up and would probably be quite missed if not present. They're pets, in a way perhaps, for a slightly smaller audience.

Shades are a somewhat neat idea so long as they don't pop up too often. The Shade of Axiom looks bloody awesome.. should be a pet. As should other beings in this style be pets. Harbringer and Overlord look decent. Bloodletter is very bouncy. I think, though, that shades just shouldn't be. A bit over the top.

T-Shirts and the graphic novel are merch store things. Good filler for supporter packs, I suppose, but not something that will draw me to purchasing a pack. If they were signed or the hardcover has an exclusive cover, perhaps, but I see no indication of such. I presume the graphic novel lacks the associated MTXs that came with the individual comics, and will be released individually later as suggested? (Or perhaps I misunderstood and this is the release.) Shipping direct from the US is a chosen convenience to you, not a good reason for not having signed items. Receiving, signing, and shipping items is an understandably heavy burden on your team, but you have every right to charge appropriately for it and signing makes the items more attractive. I don't think the top supporter packs deserve any less and at "only" $1100 (compared to Eternal at least) have room to ask more.

Divination Cards should be the primary draw for the Highgate Supporter pack, but they don't make any sense to me. Combining shards of an item with an explainable process would make sense. Collecting cards.. presumably identical cards.. in some arbitrary quantity from some random location and trading them for an item they represent, that the NPC just happens to have, is strange. I know it's just an example, but why would you create DCs for a Regal Orb instead of just leveraging the already existing Shard system? If the drop rate of particular items is an issue, adjust the drop rate or bind particular items to particular areas/bosses that make sense. I had hoped that DCs would have spawned harder boss fights, perhaps with more focused loot tables. They could have served as a means of access into the dreams and/or possible alternate realities. And they could have been unique with each card in a set adding more lore and/or insight into the encounter you can spawn. That said, it sounds a lot like the Vaal Fragments for Uber Atziri but in a style that attempts (fails?) to cater to the TCG community. I do like ways of reducing RNG in boss fights (like acquiring guaranteed tokens in WoW just in case a particular item never drops so that I can eventually purchase it), but this doesn't feel like a good way to achieve that. Seems like you've just splintered the RNG (I presume they aren't guaranteed drops) without actually altering the overall base chance. And, if rarity/quantity and drop location aren't enough, you pulled art direction (the most interesting aspect), at least officially, from those things we can expect to contribute. Also, limiting DCs to a relatively small pool of supporter requests suggests a lack of internal confidence in the system's usefulness/longevity - a fleeting gimmick.

What I don't see that would really keep me focused on maybe buying a pack are pets and forum avatars. Avatars are a strain on you and still backlogged, I'm sure, but they're almost always awesome, except when they're really great, and they endure. I think there can be little disagreement as to how desirable exclusive pets are and they don't even need to be awesome. Pets are a subtle in-game "I supported at least this much" item. I didn't like the light beam on the Diamond Kiwi or the glow and banner on the Rhoa because they make the pet more distracting to run with in the wild, but their origin and exclusivity is unmistakable. The very limited ruler pets, of which I've only seen Charan's, are worth far more than being able to collaborate on the monster in the first place - a process that I think in Charan's case at least somewhat missed the mark (too much monkey not enough devourer?) but that's beside the point.

PoE 2.0 Stuff
You introduced golems which, although they aren't meant to be mercenaries, are essentially mercenaries as evidenced, at least, by your need to clarify that they aren't mercenaries (and the lack of a reason to not have one up at all times?). These would have been a very interesting base item for alternate effects in place of more standard weapon effects for the supporter packs. Alternate golem effects would have kept the perks on theme and cemented them clearly to this particular set of packs.

Exquisite subtlety and exclusivity are things generally reserved for those with disposable incomes. Yet I see, at least the exquisite subtlety, in the lowest tiers and quite the opposite in the Vaal/Highgate tiers.

The one thing that stands out to me above all else, only because the Shade of Axiom isn't a pet, is the colour, clarity, and subtle backdrop of the Axiom Supporter tag. It, by far, beats all tags before and alongside it. It's just that awesome.

And now we have five tags to stretch posts instead of a single "tag slot" that randomly selects one from the list of member-activated tags.

(Yes, word of the day seems to be subtle.. good word though, eh? I don't think I'm very subtle. Oops?)
Nice book you wrote there, bro.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info