PC reboots while playing, no bsod.

"
Drakier wrote:
Most spontaneous reboots are either driver or hardware issues.. usually PSU or motherboard, but PSU is usual suspect due to current draw (as long as other temps are low).

It's why I always keep a spare PSU on-hand for testing purposes. It even helps to put the GPU on a different PSU for testing since those draw a lot of power these days (the ones with their own 6 or 8 pin power connector).

Well, I have an 800w PSU, and I'm only running a single GPU, so there shouldn't be an issue with power consumption.

I also don't run into any issues on games that are much more taxing to my hardware. I find it hard to believe that Path of Exile would draw more power than games like Battlefield, GTA, or ARMA 3.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't think there is enough evidence for a PSU failure to justify purchasing a new one.

I'm leading towards a driver issue, but I have updated every driver I can think of (chipset, audio, lan, etc.) I've even made sure I have the most recent BIOS for my Mobo, and I hate flashing a new BIOS if I don't have to.

Maybe I should try rolling back a few drivers to their previous versions? The GPU driver might be a good place to start, since that's the one driver I'm sure has changed since I played Path of Exile with no issues last year.

Edit: I've managed to play for up to 3 hours without a reboot, but will still occasionally get a reboot right when I start the game, or shortly after starting. I managed to get two reboots in a row, right after opening Haku's purchase window. I haven't been able to duplicate it since.

At this point I'm just hoping that some of the changes made in The Awakening solve the issue. If I have time this week, I may try a fresh install of Windows 8.1.

Even though my issue is not resolved, I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions. It is greatly appreciated.

"Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."
Last edited by Sadisticmgt on Apr 28, 2015, 12:31:52 PM
I'm on the same boat,
its not an overheating issue for my case.
Have you fixed it ?
I started to have the same issue recently, not sure if it`s from the last game update or not as I never had this issue yesterday for example and today pc rebooted over 6 times while playing PoE, and it`s not an overheat issue.

Might be some memory issue ?

Anyone fixed it ?
"
SaDiCu wrote:
I started to have the same issue recently, not sure if it`s from the last game update or not as I never had this issue yesterday for example and today pc rebooted over 6 times while playing PoE, and it`s not an overheat issue.

Might be some memory issue ?

Anyone fixed it ?

same here.
BaronCrovax ign.
Only reports I've seen of people "fixing it" have been them replacing their hardware or reformatting their PC
Same for me had no prob in beta.only way that i fount to work to not got reboots is to change texture in config.int texture_filtering=5 texture_quality=5 game looks ugly but at last no reboots only client crash every now and then.
Same here, PC reboots while playing or during loading, can't play since recent PoE update.

Everything in my system is up to date, genuine windows, no antivirus (only win defender), no firewall, all other heavy games runs without any problem.

EDIT: Solved by reducing refresh rate from 144Hz to 120Hz. No more game crash, no driver crash, no pc reboot...

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)
Motherboard Model: MSI Z97 GUARD-PRO (MS-7923)
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/29/15 15:25:03 Ver: V1.8B0
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Driver Version: 10.18.13.5362
Driver Date/Size: 7/23/2015 07:06:23
Monitor Model: ASUS VG278HE
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (144Hz)
PoE installed on Samsung SSD 840 EVO 750GB
Last edited by yamazakis on Jul 31, 2015, 8:04:13 AM
Same here, patch ruined my pc. Seem it installed some corrupted shit.

I advice people not to play poe until they patch it again.
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
Same here, patch ruined my pc. Seem it installed some corrupted shit.

I advice people not to play poe until they patch it again.

It doesn't work that way. If your PC broke because of PoE then something was already wrong with it (or you didn't tune it properly).

PCs have protections in place so that it is extremely difficult for software to cause any damage at all. The only way you can damage something is to let it overheat. That had nothing to do with PoE however.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info