Meanwhile in Diablo 3...

"
ghamadvar wrote:
See? NOW we are talking ;)
I totally get you. And - tatatataaaa - i believe that we feel the same way about D3 regarding improvement, optimisation and so on. Especially D3 vanilla. BUT: Still there seems to be no reason for me to compare POE with D3. Maybe D3 failed to be a true successor to D2. As did POE fail (in a better way, because it went some new paths^^). So what? Still: D3 and POE are great games. Imagine all the casuals of D3 coming to POE because there is no D3. Imagine all the so called hardcores coming to D3 because there is no POE: This would be bad. This would cause big bad turmoil. Now: We have two games. Two game sthat perfectly fulfill the expectations of their fans. And sometimes the expectations of fans in general. I love playing D3. I love playing POE. And that's it. And i believe that you feel the same way but different: You love playing POE. You hate playing D3. Fine. Let's meet in Wraeclast then. We can have a great time. Ain't that awesome? And all the time, D3 plays no role in our gaming bromance ;) THat's what i mean: The steady, aggressive agenda against D3 in this forum does not help POE and it is devastating to some gamers who play both games. Reading in this forums, i (as a D3-Player) was called "casual, sheep, idiot, fanboy" and what not.

So, if you want to compare games (it was you, i believe, who said that games get compared all the time), compare POE to Titan Quest or D2. But why compare it to D3? D3 did not hit the nail for you. Fine. I get it. But what you do - in my opinion - is like saying: "Tennis is not as hard and thrilling as Rugby". Yeah. True. But totally irrelevant ;)

Good to hear that you love both games. Nothing wrong with that. But don't really agree that Diablo 3 pefectly fulfill the expectations of their fans. Yes Diablo 3 has choosen to go more towards casual gameplay and im sure those fans are pleased.
But a big reason why Diablo 3 sold like 10+ million the first weeks was because it had alot of loyal D2 fans. Ofc many of those people will get dissapointed.

Yes we got PoE instead which im very greatful of.
Still when I turn on the good old Diablo 1 soundtrack while working, it makes me wish there was a good modern Diablo game. On top of that Blizzard pulled of some really shitty stunts with the RMAH and together with a pretty bad support, i think i got every right to criticize the game.
I loved Blizzards game back in the 90s and early 2000s. But today they have changed for the worse and I don't think defending them no matter what is gonna lead to anything good.

The reason why I compared D3 with PoE in the first post was because D3 is the only other modern ARPG with a big player base. Since Blizzard started the ARPG genre with D1, while D2 is generally considerd the most important and influential ARPG, then the modern D3 is atleast expected to be able to compete with other modern ARPGs. Even if you like D3 you can't deny that Blizzard isn't exaclty doing their best with adding more content.
Comparing PoE to the almost 10 year old Titan quest is quite irrelevant when where talking about the games support.
Last edited by WickedSausage on Apr 28, 2015, 9:43:28 AM
As is said: All is said and done. I understand your concerns. And i NOW get them. I never defended D3 in general. I just don't like some actions taken against D3. Unreasonable comparisons for example. Look at the OP. It was misleading. It was a general statement that, as a general statement, was wrong. And i don't get why this happens all the time. That's all. You have every right to be disappointed by D3. And i think that your last arguments pretty much hit the nail on the head. D3 failed to live up to any expectation in the beginning. Blizzard is doing some weird stuff nowadays. They go full-face casual. BUT: Still SC2, WoW, HS, HotS soon and D3 entertain thousands and millions of gamers. So Blizzard did not fail. Nor will they "die". They do a good job as a gaming company. They produce games that sometimes set the standards, sometimes fail to do so. I can't wait for D4. My hopes are high. Until then i will play POE and D3. And have a good time. That's what i wish to you too. A good time.

I am outta here now. For real ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
WickedSausage wrote:

I loved Blizzards game back in the 90s and early 2000s. But today they have changed for the worse and I don't think defending them no matter what is gonna lead to anything good.

Sadly, Blizzard North is gone. The California branch of Blizzard where ( I think, correct me if I'm wrong here ) D3 was developed doesn't seem to have the ' knack ' for the Diablo style ARPG. It just doesn't seem to be in their wheelhouse. I think that, combined with some obvious frustrating moneymaking schemes, upset a lot of people. The problem, as I see it, is that Blizzard may view D3 as a success because of the sales numbers. This may mean they aren't as motivated to make changes. I don't think anyone would argue D3 is a perfect game. I'm pretty sure everyone can agree there are areas that need some serious work. RoS was an interesting addition, but it was a pricey expansion. I'm not sure it is enough to win back some good will.

I wasn't a big fan of the taunting of the way Blizzard responded to criticism to their choice of art style. I think it is a legitimate concern. It is fine to stick to your guns, but when they chose to outright mock people about it...I'm not sure that was the best route to take.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?

"
MaxTheLimit wrote:

I wasn't a big fan of the taunting of the way Blizzard responded to criticism to their choice of art style. I think it is a legitimate concern. It is fine to stick to your guns, but when they chose to outright mock people about it...I'm not sure that was the best route to take.

Lets not for get Jay Wilson saying "Fuck that loser" to Brevik (old Blizzard north developer). Even though the guy just gave his honest oppinion about Diablo 3.
It just shows what a delusional moron he was, as if he didn't seem to think there where flaws because sales where high...yeah no shit when Diablo 2 is one of the most beloved games out there. Trash talking the developer who helped build up the Diablo franchise (which helped them get great sales) isn't a good call.

https://youtu.be/AHz2ky-jng8?t=29m59s

In this retrospective documentary released before D3. One guy say he thought Diablo was a bit too dark. It just feels shoehorned in. I just can't help thinking that other part of Blizzard didn't like that Diablo wasn't as kid friendly as the other products.
Now Diablo 3 feels way too much like a Warcraft game.
Besides that Diablo 2 doesn't even get mentioned in the documentary. ^^

Ghamadvar I don't hope for Blizzard to die either. If anything I hope they get back there mojo or whatever to make as good games as they once did. They where pretty much the best developers out there. Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo and Even WoW has made a hugh impact on games.
Besides Hearthstone which I really enjoy, I haven't seen that much thats been really impressive. Sure Starcraft 2 was good, nothing wrong with it, but not exacly revolutionary as the first Starcraft in 1998. HoTS just feel like a try to cash in at the already bloated Moba market. The game is actually more casual then LoL which in return is more caual then Dota.
The WoW expansions quality has also declined over the years, more dumbing down of classes and just overall less content. There is just a massive differance in what lets say Burning crusade had in 2007, compared to Warlords of Dreanor 2015.
And i guess we don't have to mention Diablo 3...Who knows maybe Overwatch will be good.
Last edited by WickedSausage on Apr 28, 2015, 1:57:26 PM
I believe if Diablo 3 was truly the D2 successor, all the devs and everyone here would playing the living shit out it right now lol. My opinion though.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 30, 2015, 3:21:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info