Regarding our stashes

Lol if they actually wipe anything after each update, I would have quit the game long ago.
You'll cheat yourself out of an experience if you take your endgame characters back to normal to do the added act. I would think you'd want to make a new character to explore it, even if it is in standard.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
characters won't be wiped from Live.

They likely will get passive resets.

That's all.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
mark1030 wrote:
You'll cheat yourself out of an experience if you take your endgame characters back to normal to do the added act. I would think you'd want to make a new character to explore it, even if it is in standard.

Or you could do a4 merc and explore there, that is my plan...
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
GGG is too skerred to wipe the dumpster league.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Full Server wipe and start fresh for all ! :D
"
Its been a while, can we turn this into an argument about legacy items?

:)

Not saying this is a good idea, but I don't recall seeing anything like it before -

GGG could have an "Exile" orb, that can only drop from the last boss of Act IV, after 2 weeks have passed. The orb is about as rare as an eternal and it has an item level.

If your character in one league has an Exile orb, you can "Exile" that orb from the league it is in. Now, for the tricky part - you have to use an Exile orb on the receiving end (of the same account of course) to correctly retrieve the item. The orb has a slight chance (33%) of complete failure, and a 5% chance of re-rolling the item as if a Divine orb were used.

So, with 2 exiles orbs, it would theoretically be possible to get a legacy item in a new league, but over time, those items that changed leagues would get destroyed or turned into non - legacy items.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
rondanashu wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Or you could do a4 merc and explore there, that is my plan...

You can do that, but you'll be 20 levels higher than the content and way overgeared. Just a warning, you'll probably blow through the content in < 1hr. Your high level standard characters will more likely enjoy newer maps. I am looking forward to some double Kaom maps!

"
Devark wrote:
So our stashes remain but will our characters be wiped? How will Act 4 be implemented seamlessly for players (the majority) who have already completed the Acts?

as the people have said, nothing is ever wiped, no items, no characters. Its part of the design of the game that things change over time but you dont lose characters or items, its not as pewzor above said that their scarred to wipe, they like that stuff can become collectors items, that people who care about keeping things forever get to keep them forever and not have their hard work taken away from them with wipes.

All your items are kept, because of passive tree changes your old tree build wont fit the new nodes so all your passives will be refunded. Kind of like if you used a ton of regrets and refunded every passive you have spent, if you have 105 passive points currently allocated when you sign in you will have 0 points allocated and 105 passive points ready to spend on the new tree.
All current characters and Items will disappear, where used in closed beta, as it all runs on a different server.
Standard will stay, Stashtabs will stay (a mess :-P)
Yes, you CAN do act IV directly as a spoiler, if you want to use your levelled character and just explore that.
Best you start in a new league, including act IV and get NEW experience and items.
The ONLY thing GGG could do is to give a head start on new leagues with the update, and get it on standard after that league. This would seem most appropriate.

and...
Spoiler
YES LEGACIES WILL STAY
No Problem,
Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info