End of One Month Torment/Bloodlines Leagues and Announcement of Five Day Solo Leagues (Updated!)

I get what GGG is doing. they are trying to get the 'better' players to test beta 2.0. You need to be good and plan ahead to get to lv70 in a SFL without partying. I think they should have explicitly stated that.

That element of RNG (randomly picking 25 out of the lv70) is crap though Simply because all your hard work may be in vain.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
I get what GGG is doing. they are trying to get the 'better' players to test beta 2.0. You need to be good and plan ahead to get to lv70 in a SFL without partying. I think they should have explicitly stated that.

That element of RNG (randomly picking 25 out of the lv70) is crap though Simply because all your hard work may be in vain.

that's great but also silly, they have enough information from all the previous leagues to know who the better players are.

My point was, what does the rest of the community (those that don't get into the beta) get to do for the next 2 months. My post on the previous page was pretty long and I don't feel like linking it here again.
"
Josephoenix wrote:
"
KhelThuzad wrote:

that's great but also silly, they have enough information from all the previous leagues to know who the better players are.

My point was, what does the rest of the community (those that don't get into the beta) get to do for the next 2 months. My post on the previous page was pretty long and I don't feel like linking it here again.

Path of Forum, i was actually pretty close of making "first look of path of exile beta" video and it wouldve just been me browsing the forum and reddits salt posts as well as watching the timer and cursing all new accounts april 2015 11th onwards
Last edited by Hartsai on Apr 25, 2015, 1:10:05 AM
"
Josephoenix wrote:
"
KhelThuzad wrote:

we do not know for sure if the beta will be going on for 2 months or longer. We also do not know when the new supporter packs will be offered (with the obligatory key attached).
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
"
Josephoenix wrote:
"
KhelThuzad wrote:

we do not know for sure if the beta will be going on for 2 months or longer. We also do not know when the new supporter packs will be offered (with the obligatory key attached).

Chris did say something about reading the poe news on monday, so if the supporter pack with key is happening, its most likely on monday.
"
KhelThuzad wrote:

there a very good chance, the beta will go on for at least 6 weeks longer, and perhaps quite a few weeks after that.

However the point of contention I truly have with the above statement is the "obligatory key attached" remark.

a. you have no proof
b. That's really close to P2P/P2W and I'm not sure GGG will do that, or they would have done so already (imo, I could be wrong)
c. If that were true (which I highly doubt) then they'd have to make additional support packs when the beta is over (because the keys would be useless at that point), and that's a waste of time and resources for GGG.

If you have any proof, we'd all love to see it. But that statement you made about keys with packs sounds more like a "hope" or "wish", than something "real"
"
KhelThuzad wrote:

When we do not know we ". . . . "

Thanks to ggg everyone has experience with both bloodline and torment (for those who played in 1 month).

now the statement is : What will be added to standard and when ?
https://i.gyazo.com/e55cda0c501c296ee3223a8b7eae0854.jpg
8 players party is fun! Welcome on Path Of Exile
"
Josephoenix wrote:
"
KhelThuzad wrote:

there a very good chance, the beta will go on for at least 6 weeks longer, and perhaps quite a few weeks after that.

However the point of contention I truly have with the above statement is the "obligatory key attached" remark.

a. you have no proof
b. That's really close to P2P/P2W and I'm not sure GGG will do that, or they would have done so already (imo, I could be wrong)
c. If that were true (which I highly doubt) then they'd have to make additional support packs when the beta is over (because the keys would be useless at that point), and that's a waste of time and resources for GGG.

If you have any proof, we'd all love to see it. But that statement you made about keys with packs sounds more like a "hope" or "wish", than something "real"

I do not have any proof. It's mere speculation. But you should know better... All the supporter packs of the first poe beta in 2011 came with a minimum of 1 beta key attached. It's not like it's something new. Here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55177

"
If that were true (which I highly doubt) then they'd have to make additional support packs when the beta is over (because the keys would be useless at that point), and that's a waste of time and resources for GGG.

They did. Open beta packs were added later.
Last edited by KhelThuzad on Apr 25, 2015, 1:49:58 AM
I have +1000 h in poe and honestly, i can wait. I didnt sign for the beta i dont have to much time this month.

The posts here are just insane.
Play the game when its ready let others do the work. I dont even know why people want to spoil act 4 for themselfs.

Just a beta, read a book or go outside while the weather is beautiful.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
KhelThuzad... you seem to not understand the difference between 2+ years for CB, 9 months for OB and 6-8 weeks (give or take) for act IV CB/OB.

However, your previous post has done you a favour. I'm out.
Last edited by Josephoenix on Apr 25, 2015, 2:14:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info