Will seething be nerfed?

"
ogorhan wrote:
Stop ruining the game by nerfing anything remotly good. Seething flasks are not OP and no one should resort to alt F4ing if possible.

This is basically I dont like this so nerf pls while like 99% of the population thinks otherwise.

Im not a dev at GGG, I can't nerf anything. If GGG does end up nerfing seething, it is because they thought they needed to do it.

I am not asking GGG to do anything. All I did was ask a question. "Will seething be nerfed" in the up coming patch where they seem to be targeting mechanics in the game that are mandatory? I am only giving my opinion on why I think the the ability to spam insta healing pots is OP compared to the rest of the available healing mods on flasks.
I even ask that other people share their opinions on if it will be nerfed and why it should or shouldn't be.

The way some people are getting so defensive and upset about something that may not even happen is telling. Seething flasks are clearly being used as a crutch.
Last edited by nil4t on Apr 24, 2015, 10:45:17 AM
"
Boem wrote:
I never used seething potions in my i think now 2.5 years of playing PoE over roughly 80+ characters between lvls 80-92 (which is when i usually burn out or a league ends with the amount of allts i run)

Mandatory wot?

Right? I've never used a Seething potion either outside of leveling when it was all I had. I don't understand this mandatory Seething nonsense.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
nil4t wrote:
"
ogorhan wrote:
Stop ruining the game by nerfing anything remotly good. Seething flasks are not OP and no one should resort to alt F4ing if possible.

This is basically I dont like this so nerf pls while like 99% of the population thinks otherwise.

Im not a dev at GGG, I can't nerf anything. If GGG does end up nerfing seething, it is because they thought they needed to do it.

I am not asking GGG to do anything. All I did was ask a question. "Will seething be nerfed" in the up coming patch where they seem to be targeting mechanics in the game that are mandatory? I am only giving my opinion on why I think the the ability to spam insta healing pots is OP compared to the rest of the available healing mods on flasks.
I even ask that other people share their opinions on if it will be nerfed and why it should or shouldn't be.

The way some people are getting so defensive and upset about something that may not even happen is telling. Seething flasks are clearly being used as a crutch.

its not mandatory, I think you dont really understand flasks as much as you think you do. Why is seething better than bubbling? Its just not, bubbling gives almost as much instant as seething and then you get regen on top which is important as u keep taking damage from mobs, using it when in dots like poison clouds etc. Cata on quick flasks is insane, 1752 life over 2 seconds? think about it, thats over double what a seething gives you and it only takes 2 seconds.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
nil4t wrote:
"
ogorhan wrote:

its not mandatory, I think you dont really understand flasks as much as you think you do. Why is seething better than bubbling? Its just not, bubbling gives almost as much instant as seething and then you get regen on top which is important as u keep taking damage from mobs, using it when in dots like poison clouds etc. Cata on quick flasks is insane, 1752 life over 2 seconds? think about it, thats over double what a seething gives you and it only takes 2 seconds.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Because no one who is paying attention dies gradually in in PoE. You die when you are taking massive damage really fast. Like being leaped on by a pack of frogs or something. In cases like that spamming insta heal pots is just way more effective than anything else

a single seething flask without any passives to buff them has 2508 life in it that can be accessed in less then a second. If you have 2 of these flasks you double that life and the speed at which you can recover it.
Compared to a bubbling which only has 1845 life that can be generated instantly. You also have to consider that the regen from a bubbling or catalysed flask does not stack when spammed, it only resets the timer, so you don't receive the maximum healing potential from the flask when you really need it. These things combined make seething flasks way more effective and efficient in an emergency. Emergencies are what you should be thinking about when rolling your flasks.
"
nil4t wrote:

Because no one who is paying attention dies gradually in in PoE. You die when you are taking massive damage really fast. Like being leaped on by a pack of frogs or something. In cases like that spamming insta heal pots is just way more effective than anything else

a single seething flask without any passives to buff them has 2508 life in it that can be accessed in less then a second. If you have 2 of these flasks you double that life and the speed at which you can recover it.
Compared to a bubbling which only has 1845 life that can be generated instantly. You also have to consider that the regen from a bubbling or catalysed flask does not stack when spammed, it only resets the timer, so you don't receive the maximum healing potential from the flask when you really need it. These things combined make seething flasks way more effective and efficient in an emergency. Emergencies are what you should be thinking about when rolling your flasks.

see, thats your personal opinion that goes with your playstyle and thats fair enough. For me, I never mash flasks in the way youre describing. I usually have either 1 seething and 1 catalysed or 1 bubbling and 1 catalysed, most ill ever really do is hit the seething and then the catalysed.

Some people prefer panic flasks to anything else, personally my thinking is that if you life is dropping low enough to make use of a panic even semi regularly, you got other stuff you need to change with what youre doing beside ur flasks. But some people love them.

for you seeth is bis, ok fair enough, I cant argue with that, but I prefer bubbling to seething now days, and I always take 1 of those 2 along with a catalysed or i take 2 bubbling, I would never run without a regen flask cause a lot of the time when I lose significant life and Im not just leeching it back right away its to degens and seething are shit against degens because you end up spamming them empty where a bubbling you get the instant recovery and then the regen fights away the degen as you move out of the poison cloud or whatever.

Its like saying nerf RT cause everyone uses it, they dont, and its not even just crit builds that dont. Theres a difference between your personal preference and mandatory, I know lots of seriously heavyweight PoE players who use bubbling and catalysed flasks. So Im not arguing with your reasoning, I just dont think youre seeing the bigger picture of flask use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info